"A-way down inside
"A-honey you need it
"I'm gonna give you my love
"I'm gonna give you my love

"Want to whole lotta love
"Want to whole lotta love"

How can "literally r.eddit: the band" even compete?

Why don't you just f-f-fade away OP

they can't, that's why everyone who ain't a pleb knows The Who is better

I've been listening to Sell Out for like 3 days straight. Such a replay able album.

Pete Townshead a great songwriter.

I can do that too OP, watch

>Led Zeppelin
Close the door, put out the light.
You know they won't be home tonight.
The snow falls hard and don't you know?
The winds of Thor are blowing cold.
They're wearing steel that's bright and true
They carry news that must get through.

>The Who
Why don't you all f-fade away
And don't try to dig what we all s-s-say
I'm not trying to cause a big s-s-sensation
I'm just talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation

>Pretentious ass pseudo poetic lyrics

>Direct lyrics with a clear message for their times

I've already chosen

That Who lyric is actualy p.good

>Calls anything with more than one layer as pretentious
You reek of millenial.

Stop. Both bands are garbage

kek, I was joking.
Seriously though, Led Zeppelin was a pretty mediocre band

What's for tea, mum?

You do realize those lyrics you handpicked (out of a sea of meaningless sex and LotR references, no less) literally just amount to "there's a lot of snow, get inside," but are masked behind seventeen layers of pseudo-intellectual imagery and faux symbolism to make it appear meaningful to the lowest common denominator of pseuds, right?

Meanwhile, the lyrics from the Who you've picked out still actually carry a meaningful message about class struggle and require no pretentious and flowery words to hide behind. They suffer from the exact opposite problem of those Led Zeppelin lyrics - they're so UNpretentious that pseuds like you look at them and say "Oh, those lyrics are meaningless garbage" and move on to the next mass-produced sex song that Led Zeppelin has managed to churn out, praising the thin veneer of sophistication and class that it manages to disguise itself with.

>The Who
>garbage
Please no.

>a meaningful message about class struggle
>Generic teenage leftist rebellious babble
Yeah, I'll take the one that at takes the literary approach ofand embellishing words in an aesthetic way rather than what was the epitome of the 60's "BUT MOOOOOOOOOOM!"

>shitty poprock
>garbage
Sounds about right to me

The Who stopped being poprock in 1967, senpai.
>embellishing words in an aesthetic way
read
>digging through a thesaurus to appeal to pseuds and sell more

you sound like a typical autist

>elaborate melodies layered with culturally conscientious humor and messages
>garbage

Neat ok

Guess the only who record you've ever listened to is my generation.

Pete was only 20 when he wrote those songs. They grew a lot in their ideas over the years.

>Needing a dictionary for that verse
Are you retarded or just pretending? That verse is full of normal everyday words, you're thinking about metaphors and analogies, things used in narrative and those aren't found a thesaurus.

>No argument
>MUH AUTISM
You sound like a dumb nigger, senpai.

I'm aware, the key part of the post is "I can do that too OP, watch". It's easy to cherrypick like OP did.

Then is it really worth continuing the argument? Your point was clearly made in your first post. If he can't already see that, he won't see anything.

>listen to Tommy
>Sup Forums recommends The Who Sell Out
>listen to Sell Out
>mfw the motifs from Amazing Journey, Sparks, Overture, and It's a Boy return in Rael

My Generation was arguably the first punk song and it's message and the sheer velocity and noise of the song was revolutionary

>MONDAY......TUESDAY.....WEDNESDAY.....THURSDAY.....FRIDAY
>That GOAT 3 song streak: Tatoo, Our Love Was, and I Can See For Miles
>No bad songs, including the jingles which are funny as fuck.

Good shit mang

>implying I was cherrypicking
Besides your example of Thor and steel being a metaphor for snow, can you name a genuinely meaningful Led Zeppelin song with lyrics that are thought through well?
Off the top of my head, I can name several wellcrafted Who lyrics. Even those like the songs you cherrypicked to make the Who sound dumb - My Generation - usually have some meaning to them, and if nothing else, follow a sensible and well-constructed storyline.

Not to mention the album's biggest upside - it's easy to pick up at any point and start listening to it.
For a lot of albums, you have to get in the right mindset and dedicate your time to listening to it. For Sell Out, you can just turn it on (Armenia City in the Sky acts as the pleb filter at this point) and enjoy the album.

The patrician choice.

Is that really the best Who lyrics you can come up with? Lol

Nah, but they're the shortest and easiest to convey.

this is the first time I've seen people care about Led Zeppelin's lyrics

And still, the Kinks kick the shit out of both of them.

Lol at people who pretend to dislike LZ

Way to be a hipster.

There's a reason that they have the most radio air time..and a massive fan base....and massive critical acclaim

Because they had the perfect balance in their music. Never mind the fact that each member was a master of their respective instrument (with bonzo and page being called goat regularly). Their music goes from fun, to deep, to beautiful. And it does it in a way no other band can (not even the beatles, and I like the Beatles more).

All of LZ albums are excellent to listen through, with LZ1 being a staple of blues rock. What does the who have besides Tommy, or Who's Next?

You idiots are comparing two or three albums to 8 fantastic albums.

LZ wins, get over it

>more talented and influential guitarist
>a drummer who isn't a total spaz and actually has some rhythm and composure while playing
>a groove master like John Paul Jones
>a singer who is usually considered the best in all of rock history

Hurr durr this three lines means the who is better than led zeppelin

Nice thread op, you should open a farm and sell those cherries you pick.

>what does the Who have besides Tommy, or Who's Next?

A Quick One, The Who Sell Out, Quadrophenia, Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy, The Who by Numbers, Who Are You, Live at Leeds.
Also
>commercial success = artistic success
Holy kek

>let me just list off a ton of subjective, meaningless opinions that barely anyone shares and pepper them with adjectives to make it sound more objective
also
>implying I'm cherrypicking
>implying the average Led Zeppelin lyric has more depth to it than a puddle

Zeppelin rights better music anyway

>implying Led Zeppelin actually wrote any of their music and didn't just copy it from black artists

WHO FOREVER!
ZEPPLIN NEVER!

Is that footage of your mother handing her late-night sexual partners their hats as they walk out the door?

Led Zeppelin might suck at writing lyrics but performance wise they completely outshine the who.

The Who put a lot more thought into their substance and message.

Led Zeppelin kinda cares about that but they're much more about production and playing their asses off.

A good example of that is how much lengthy blues tracks zeppelin has compared to the who.

Led Zep were better musicians but horrible writers.

Jimmy and Pete are both pedos so..

According to OP, Christiian Lyrics>Good Musicianship