Hurr durr U2 sucks XD

>hurr durr U2 sucks XD

Not only is this the best album of 1991, beating out Nevermind and Loveless, but this is probably the best album of the 90s and still sounds 30 years ahead of its time.

Explain why you hate U2. "South Park told me to hate U2" is not an acceptable answer.

Their 80s albums are fantastic too.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6snI72LGfP4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They suck

You have shit taste.

Album followed by what is critically heiled as the greatest live tour of all time. ZooTV. hateing on U2 is a meme. AB still holds up as great album.

>best album of 91'

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think you mispronounced Loveless

i think you accidentally posted ur 4x4

Loveless was shoegaze.

Achtung Baby was rock, electronic, industrial, funk, trip hop, shoegaze, etc.
Literally every song was wildly different and amazing.

>Loveless was shoegaze.

>Not recognizing it as the Noise Rock/Protogaze record that pretty much created a whole new genre of music.

Yeah man. Didn't see Zoo TV. Too young obviously.

Saw the 360 Tour.
A little bit of sensory overload, but they truly know how to put on a great live show.

I'm pretty indifferent towards them. Although, my opinion of them has been slightly jaded after the whole forcing their album onto everyone who owns an iphone thing.

Loveless is a great album, but get off your elitist high horse for once and admit that a mainstream album by a mainstream album is great.

Mysterious Ways is better and more innovative than MBV's entire discography.

I actually agree with this. And yeah, Loveless was a one trick pony compared to what they were doing.

That wasn't U2. That was Tim Cook. Put the blame on Apple. U2 didn't own the Itunes servers

I did see ZooTV and every tour up to 360. ZooTv was by far the best and to date the best live performance I ever witnessed.

I have the Live from Sydney DVD, that's as close as I'll get.

The best album of 1991 was easily Screamadelica

>Not only is this the best album of 1991

4 amazing songs and 7 songs of filler.

And it should be obvious what those 4 songs are, I don't even have to list them.

You never listened to it, have you? Go listen to it.

Pitchfork gives it a 9.5 if that makes you feel any better.

I didn't hear any filler on that album. Most every song was uniquely different.

youtube.com/watch?v=6snI72LGfP4

>You never listened to it, have you? Go listen to it.
I have listened to it. It's mediocre at best.

It's really not though. Just come to terms with the fact that U2 is a good band. You can do this.

Why do you need people to vindicate you? Why does it make you so upset that U2 aren't as unchallenged as you'd like? Kindly stop projecting your insecurities on the rest of us. It's rude.

I was referring to Primal Scream.

I agree that every song on Achtung Baby is great.

ITT

>Why do I need people to vindicate me that Kanye is great?
>Why do I need people to vindicate me that Animal Collective is great?
>Why do I need people to vindicate me that [insert generic indie band] is great?

You sound autistic. I'm bringing forth an argument that isn't usually brought up on this cesspool. Sorry if this triggers you.

My bad. I didn't catch the post you replying to.

>Implying War isn't their best

War is great. 2nd best in my opinion.

U2 is THE average rock band. I'm serious. If a band is better than U2, they are good. If a band is worse than U2, they are bad.

I'd say Foo Fighters is "the average rock band."
Good enough to make great songs, but anything less than them sucks.

U2 is alright, imo, but everything after Zoorompa is pretty fucking blah.

I wouldn't really put Achtung Baby on a pedestal but I agree, most people who don't like U2 are South Park loving memelords who shouldn't have any say in music discussion.

I looked through all of my comments for mentions of any of those artists and couldn't find any. Sorry I'm not the strawman you want me to be. Looks like you'll have to try talking to an actual human being.

Deep breaths, you can get through it.

I think Pop is underrated, but everything after that is a huge dip in quality.

Achtung Baby sucks. U2 trying to ride the Madchester bandwagon.
Zooropa was a better effort

If you weren't retarded, you would know that all threads on Sup Forums are trying to vindicate a certain artist.

Trying to validate U2 doesn't make special.
It just triggers you because someone is trying to argue that a mainstream band is a good band.

After "Pop" they lost their edge (not literally) and went back to doing safe music. Passenger Soundtrack Volume 1 is a pretty good album and probably their most experimental music. Mostly driven by Eno.

Foo Fighters is somewhat good. After all, they are somewhat better than U2.

underrated kek

Foo Fighters are a singles band. They never had a great album like U2 has had (U2 has like 5).