What do you guys think of Madonna?

What do you guys think of Madonna?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=15kWlTrpt5k
youtube.com/watch?v=DDp7dC5J0_8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

qt

s/t, Like a Prayer, Immaculate Collection and Ray of Light are 9/10

Music, MDNA and Rebel Heart are 2/10 at best.

So... uh... I dunno.

Good taste, lad.

She should've stopped after ray of light. That would have been one hell of a run.

Confessions was brety gud.

Not worth it, though. You're right.

Great pop singles through her whole career, but Ray of Light is the only album that's really gotten me at all from what I've heard

queen of aesthetics from 80's-00's

I really like her 80's and 90's stuff but desu her recent albums specially MDNA and Rebel Heart are shit. Quite frankly she does look ridiculous trying to act like she's still young and the biggest thing on the planet. I feel kinda bad for her because that's pretty much how most people see her nowadays but it is what it is.

>best album
music

>best tour
sticky and sweet tour

>best period
faux-patty hearst, american life era madonna is pretty underrated

>calling your album Rebel Heart
>making the safest shite in the universe
Tragic

Son, Music is her worst album. It's the archetypal awkward mid-life crisis album.

>madonna is pretty underrated

by Sup Forums, yes.

love em. favorite album is pic related

forgot pic

Music has some decent singles

American Life era is underrated, but can't deny the Truth or Dare, Blonde Ambition '90'-92 era

"Erotica" was brilliant marketing. Having a #1 album at the same time as a #1 book (SEX) while also promoting a movie (Body of Evidence)

What kind of people buy Madonna's new stuff? Gays? Her old 80's and 90's fans?

She's trying to appeal to millennials with her new stuff, so I guess them.

the original u.s. release of Music was a lean 10 song, all killer no filler blast man! very little nostalgia on that one. Even the ballad heavy second half is tasteful and composed, never turning into a pity-fest.

>What kind of people buy Madonna's new stuff? Gays? Her old 80's and 90's fans?
Me, sadly.

What a waste of money.

I bought "Rebel Heart". 55 year old straight married male here

Her post-Evita singing voice is dreadful. She now has the clear, mannered, over-enunciated voice of a Christian pop singer.

Confessions was a Goldfrapp ripoff, Hard Candy was too late for Timbaland and too early for Pharell, MDNA was made with the bare minimum amount of effort and Rebel Heart had too many cooks.

at least she had the sense to stop pandering to gays with rebel heart. back to straight forward pop. all the clubby stuff she was releasing up to MDNA was just so much empty calories.

truly her last hurrah.

that was before my time. i was holed up in a private christian school with no knowledge of anything that was happening pop culture wise.

Are you one of the groups I mentioned? What album did you buy and why were you disappointed?

Were you one of her fans back in the 80's? What's your favorite album? Favorite songs?

I am none of those groups. I bought Rebel Heart. No idea why. I'm a moron, I guess.

I do have a copy of MDNA but it came in a "complete studio albums" set and it was a cheaper option than just buying the ones I wanted separately.

> to stop pandering to gays with rebel heart. back to straight forward pop.

What did he mean by this?

Yes. But not till the Erotica album. I really have a hard time picking favorite albums or songs. I really liked "Rain" off of "Erotica" and also her songs where she was trying to make a point, probably more so then the ones that were fueled by controversy.

youtube.com/watch?v=15kWlTrpt5k

youtube.com/watch?v=DDp7dC5J0_8

name one throbbing dance song on rebel heart.
name one song where she panders to her gay fans lyrically a la "why's it so hard" from erotica or "forbidden love."
you can't. 1) because there aren't any and 2) because you haven't actually heard RH. you're just trolling.

> 55
> browses Sup Forums

What brought you to this place sir?

> Being this paranoid

Lol what's your problem faggot? I listened to the whole stupid album. It's not my fault not being a right-wing nut looking for gay pandering .

Longtime resident. Discovered Sup Forums back in 2007 and been a lurker here on and off ever since.

It's funny how the most popular musicians ever become underrated just because Sup Forums doesn't talk about it

Michael Gira fucked her

You didn't like Confessions?

fag thread.

t. Sup Forums

bedtime stories is her best album

yall got it wrong true blue is her best

she still hadn't even matured by then

faggot detected

bump.
sorry and hung up are her best songs
bitch im madonna is good too

a legend