ITT: artists that blatantly rip off other artists

chevelle really seems to go out of their way to replicate tool, which is really funny in light of the fact that they are terrible. it's like when you used to try to be like badass characters you saw in movies as a kid and ended up looking like a retarded puppy.

also, jet rips off the white stripes. why you would try to steal a sound so distinct as jack's and not expect anyone to notice boggles my mind

also, there's an entire fucking essay on MetalSucks about A7X's new album and how literally every song is a rip off.

>pic related: chevelle

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLRQ1j5SYO4
youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ
youtube.com/watch?v=GncK6IuY8OA
youtube.com/watch?v=amBBO4PqJKo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

u should be that dog tb h d esu

youtube.com/watch?v=PLRQ1j5SYO4

I would say that the first couple of Chevelle albums sound like Tool. Specifically Point 1 sounds a bit like Opiate/Undertow. Their sound has evolved past that though. I would say that they are definitely more alt metal than progressive metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=yTg2G7no-fQ

You'll be able to figure it out in 3 seconds.

Good artists copy; great artists steal.

ugh

isn't that a woody guthrie quote

Pablo Picasso, you pleb.

Coldplay
Interpol
Rammstein

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

i wish there was a way to find the few metalsucks posts that are actually funny or worth reading without digging through the muck

muse rips of that one meme band

>i wish there was a way to find the few metalsucks posts that are actually funny or worth reading without digging through the muck
hint: ignore anything and everything written by axl rosenberg. no exceptions

Geez.

The singer from The Postal Service sounds just like the singer from Death Cab. I can't believe no one notices that he's blatantly ripping off his singing style

Nice purple bottle cover

DZ Deathrays rips off Death From Above 1979.

During the early part of high school I was in a Weezer ripoff band.

mgmt?
No it's my quote

on this topic this band here completely rips off posting service

youtube.com/watch?v=GncK6IuY8OA

youtube.com/watch?v=amBBO4PqJKo

Tool is as shitty as Chevelle m8, who are as shitty as Breaking Benjamin who are as shitty as Nickelback who are as shitty as Creed. Alternative metal is fucking shit

Why are they being mean to that doggie I want to pet it.

it's a blatant rip-off of Animal Collective