Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

digitech.com/en/products/whammy-5th-gen
digitech.com/en/products/whammy-dt
youtube.com/watch?v=FHBfiWYXyZg
youtube.com/watch?v=4cBLePYvI7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1st for rickenbacker

Honestly considering taking the poorfag route and just building one of these, if only to be able to have that nice body in whatever finish I want.

This is my Ormsby Multiscale GTR, from the first production run in Azure blue. I like it.

>tfw spent 6 hours today practicing and writing riffs after weeks of no motivation

The slump is finally over

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Math rock
>People on /gg/ who post pro communism videos

O I am laffin

>tfw left my guitar in the sun and it got so hot it went out of tune
>tfw i tuned it but it'll suck again as it cools down

Is it possible to make my jazz bass' tone knob roll off bass instead of treble?

What does /gg/ think of The Scoot?

fat

does anyone know if there are any pedals that bend pitch (like a pitch knob on a synth)? Not looking to go up semitones like a pitch shifter would do.

Yes, you can even make it do either depending on which way you turn it. TBX tone control.

>the guy from Soprano's and Lilyhammer is in Bruce Springsteen's band

Didn't see that one coming

Thanks famalam

2nd for Ricks

anyone remember me? The floppy toe guy

Yeah I considered buying the 325 kit even though I have my own rickenbacker

Yeah I'd just Google detune pedal or pitch bend pedal

Something should come up I reckon

You could plug an expression pedal into a Pitchfork, couldn't you?

Is it usually necessary to adjust the nut on a stratlike guitar when going from the shipped 009-046 to 010-052 in your experience?

what's wrong with pedals?

Just use a DigiTech Whammy set to 'detune'.

digitech.com/en/products/whammy-5th-gen

This one also has transposition: digitech.com/en/products/whammy-dt

They are fedora Lord extreme my friend. You are better than that.

Why are (even reasonable level) bass players so hard to find?

guitarists are everywhere, bass players bands just hang on to them.

Playing a guitar by yourself sounds good and is likely to get you laid at a party.

Playing a bass by yourself sounds like a dude without a band and is not likely to get you laid at a party.

Good post

based rick

kys

I know what you mean, I'm a guitar player primary but I started learning bass as secondary because it gave me more opurtunity to work with bands as over 90% of my class are mediocre guitarists, there's literally one bad drummer and another average bass player and thats it.

Ebony fingerboard?

just pretend thus is a ric

I don't know much about Rickenbackers, do they have any guitar with this shape, or is it exclusively for basses?

spitting image

what the heck do you guys do for your drum programs? I'm trying to find some good drum programs to torrent, I always have a beat in my head that can go with my riff, but I cant find a decent drum program anywhere to torrent.

What programs do you guys use?

There is a guitar model, forgot what it's called but it isn't super common.

>Playing a bass by yourself sounds like a dude without a band and is not likely to get you laid at a party.
not if you do crazy ass slapping like Les Claypool or Mark King. Or two handed tapping.
Half of a bass's register is the same as a guitar anyway, put a capo on the twelveth fret and you've got the first four strings of a regular guitar

>put a capo on the twelveth fret
not
>Layeth a capoeth on ye twelveth freth

But seriously, there are exceptions to every rule. Les and Mark aren't the average bass players.

The 480 I think

>Les and Mark aren't the average bass players.
Right. But I dont think making a bass sound like a good solo instrument is hard, you just need to not play it like you would with two other guitarists and vocals.

ableton live lite.?

hot

>you've got the first four strings of a regular guitar

In pitch maybe, not in frequency response or tone. Two-handed tapping or leads in the upper register of a bass doesn't sound anything like a guitar.

whats a good 50watt or over equivalent to the Celestion G12h anniversary?

better actor than a guitar player tBh

i hated him at first in the sopranos but he grew on me quickly

youtube.com/watch?v=FHBfiWYXyZg

Eminence Wizard

Yes. Its sounds awesome with an expression pedal plugged in.

Listening to comparisons i'm really impressed. You nailed it, and there not to pricey, thanks

No a capo om the 12th just sounds terrible.

So this seems to be a very hard concept for some people, but when someone says the first two strings on guitar, they should be talking about E and B.
Universally the strings are countend like this:
E1 B2 G3 D4 A5 E6
Never counted any other way.

Beyond that, if I'm talking to someone who's playing on the wrong string, and I say "lower string" I don't mean towards the ground, I'm talking about the strings with a lower pitch, meaning you move up.

How is this a hard concept?

>Universally the strings are countend like this:
>E1 B2 G3 D4 A5 E6
sounds like you've been reading a good pile of shit.
it's E2 A2 D3 G3 B3 E4
E1 to E6 would mean you have an instrument whose register goes from a bass to a violin.

EZdrummer, m8.

all the torrents I find are dead or dont have all the expansions

Anyone know of a cheap guitar that I could use for recording crap? I've got a cheap chinese strat clone that I've had since I was 13 but everything I've recorded with it sounds like ass and it's falling to bits and really not worth fixing. Would prefer something with a strat type neck and is fairly durable (I'm as clumsy bastard.)

So I want to build an electric guitar just for fun and I found these pickups for 30-35 USD total. They are Fender pickups. Is it a good deal? I love the beat up look but do they look damaged?

Make an account on Rutracker... I got tons of Superior/Ezdrummer stuff there

Jesus. I'm not talking about the registers.
Just counting the strings, I know you wanted to look awfully intelligent having just taken theory 101 last semster, but we're not talking about the same thing.

>bringing a guitar to a party

wew lad
e
w
l
a
d

cheap craigslist pickups are usually cheap craigslist pickups for a reason

I've heard great things about Superior Drummer. If the torrents on TPB are dead then either try rutracker like said or look into audionews.org. Both have been pretty damn good for me when it comes to audio stuff

Get something secondhand, you won't get anything great new that is cheap.

Pickups make a massive difference... if you can get a Squier/Cort strat that's been upgraded with, say, Duncans, you'll be pretty set.

thanks a bunch anons

jesus christ clean that thing

just say low e or high e string you faggot

No worries dude. Rutracker is great in general, especially for music. Loads of discographies in 320k/Flac

>not the Meshuggah preset

Cheers bruv

I dont play guitar so they will do as long as they work. It is basically just something to design and build for the rest of summer but if it turns out any good I might give it to my dad who plays a lot
I will use Neck, Head, Saddle and Bridge from this guitar. Any suggestions on any guitars I can get some inspiration from on how the body should be? So far I am thinking Telecaster but any pics of some nice looking guitars would be sweet

I was about to say that it's silly to build a guitar when you don't play, but then I remembered that that's how Leo Fender started out too. So you do your thing.

btw acoustic necks are wider than typical electric necks

Pic related is my 67 jag, which had always been my dream guitar ever since I started playing like 15 years ago. It's a fucking strange story but I got this as a gift by someone who I'm pretty positive wasn't aware of how much one of these costs. He's a friend of the family who just had it there gathering dust since the 70s and asked if I wanted it. He bought it because he wanted to form a band back then but never got around to it and never learned how to play so the guitar is practically mint, original strap and all. I almost cried and I'll always be grateful. Unfortunately I can't use it to play live, I mean I technically could but I'm too fucking scared it will get damaged or stolen which sucks. I usually play live with my MIJ jazzmaster and mustang, or when I can I use my brother's american telecaster and strat (which tbqh just beat the fuck out of every guitar I own, including the jag).

I got this

I have played a little guitar now and then so I know how it works and stuff like that.

Is the wider neck going to be a problem as long as it is taken into account when designing the body? Also what wood would be a good choice?

I find the g&l passive 2 band to be more versatile. It uses two separate pots instead of the stacked pot in the tbx. Pot and cap values would of course need to be changed for bass.

they go for about $3000

It depends on whether the neck moves when you change gauges. If it does, truss rod, nut and bridge adjustment should all be checked. Each one has a tendency to affect the other two.

Super cool dude, but I'm not all that crazy about blocks and binding, particularly the binding, on any Fender

Don't like it on anything really

I've been playing indie rock/pop music all my life but I want to start playing metal, what guitar should I get? I usually listen to older black metal like Emperor, Darkthrone or even Bathory, but I'm more interested in getting a modern, sort of "cleaner" tone like Deathspell Omega or Inquisition for my music. Also, what pedals/amp do you recommend?

I need to sound like this, will I need a 7 string?
youtube.com/watch?v=4cBLePYvI7g

Test resistance (ohms) with a multimeter. Anywhere from 5k to 10k is normal. Also look at the back. If there's a ceramic bar magnet, they're cheap. No bar magnet means each polepiece is an individual AlNiCo magnet - a higher quality pickup like the originals.

yeah more or less, but with exchange rate that's a lot of money in my country so I would never be able to buy one on my own, especially considering I make something like 500 dollars a month it's fucking ridiculous

its gorgeous

7s are pretty great for metal. Look at LTD's, used they are pretty great. Ibanez is great as well, though many that aren't Prestige series are a bit meh. If you want to sound at all like old black metal, don't use an amp, rather plug into a potato

>that guy who doesn't use a metronome

holy fucking shit anita looking smug gets me diamonds i want to be her baby tampon boy

10/10
10/10
10/10
2/10
2/10

All you need to play metal is the attitude

>(((Sarkeesian)))

Let me get this straight - you want to build a solid body electric out of that dreadnought? That wil be way more trouble than its worth. You'd be better off finding a cheap bolt on neck for your project. Then you'll have two guitars instead of one mongrel that will very likely be completely unplayable.

>The only rhythm you misogynistic manchildren know is the beat of your fapping!

I bet your Line 6 sounds great with the Behringer pedals that you'll have to throw out within years.

The more notes you fret, the more she gets wet

I've never understood why people hate on ERG's so much, especially 5 string basses. The counterpoint and contrary motion possibilities are awesome with a 5er

what do your fingers look line? pic related

I just finished my latest project. Here's the before pic. 1952 L-50

After

my slump is ending too

impressive. how does it play?

It plays really well! It has a nice stable neck, so despite being smashed it's a pretty nice guitar

did you put cleats on the inside of the cracks or just re-glue them?

I used cleats. The breaks in the top were old and rounded off a little by whoever sanded it. That made it difficult to get a perfect seam, so cleats were the way to go.

I'm jelly of your blue. That's premium blue senpai.