Why do most musicians, these days, have liberal political views?

Why do most musicians, these days, have liberal political views?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2Xu_Jicb4C4
youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

both are about feelings

we have this thread EVERY FUCKING DAY

most people have liberal views

>why are liberals so good at music?

ftfy

Because musicians are smarter than the average person.

lol

Because guns and having sex with your cousin takes up too much time. Otherwise we'd probably see more conservative music.

*citation needed

in addition to this, if a musician was right wing i doubt they'd say they were and keep their views hidden

>nowadays
it's been that way for over half a century already
the reason is because they wanted to be anti establishment, which at that time was conservative
it's still like that now because modern liberals are too fucking stupid to see that they are the establishment

>these days

It's pretty simple psychology OP. People that are liberal tend to be more right-minded, and therefore more creative, obviously a quality that lends itself to music, while conservatives tend to be more left-brained, in other words logical and concrete, less abstract in their thinking.

Studies have proven that liberals daydream more, conservatives are more fearful, liberals have less inhibition, etc.

good* musicians

>google is too complicated for me

Why do most OP, posts, have unnecessary commas?

If you can't point to single source the confirm your statement then perhaps you need to research it better rather than expecting others to research it for you.

i'm not going to take time out of my day to show you how to not be retarded

they were unnecessary, but at least they weren't wrong.

If you can't prove your statements then don't bother posting in the first place. Perhaps by the time you graduate high school you'll have learned how to form a proper argument.

Because they aren't retarded

please stop talking to me if you're just going to say the same thing over and over again

Music and liberalism are about feeling not thinking.

most people where? liberal views compared to what?

just google it bruh

Most creatives are liberal, the problem is that current liberalism is actually regressive and they are destroying themselves with ridiculous unfounded ideas (BLM, muslim hugging, single mom worshiping, claiming immigrants from the third world are as good as the europeans america took in the early 20th century etc.. ) that are legitimized by the broken media.

youtube.com/watch?v=2Xu_Jicb4C4

The artists who stay quiet about politics probably are the most truly informed, but if you say the wrong thing these days big companies will drop you.

give me an exact search term that i can type in

george soros

what are you retarded or something? Don't you know how to prove my views?

artists live by emotion. the smart ones who aren't liberal dont publically say their political views because being called a right wing is career suicide.

That's not the reason at all you righteous fuck

youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

Because it makes them feel better about all the money and fame without any need to really do anything.

no most people who say they have liberal views dont know what liberal views are.

what are liberal views then?

thats a pretty broad thing to google

besides, if youre just going to say "google it lol" then what's the point of even posting in the first place

this thinly veiled Sup Forums thread should be deleted.

oy vey, censorship of other opinions? pretty fascist of you goy

i think liberals are more likely to grow up in an environment that's supportive of pursuing arts as a full time job

no it's true, most liberals don't vote though, either because they don't care or because they work multiple jobs and don't have time on election day. It really should be a national holiday, but multiple conservative states keep passing legislation to make it harder for the poor to vote.

This.

Now for some innocent music related discussion, what kind of music do you think based IRL Pepe man would listen to when you be sure to vote for him this November?

please just kill yourself

The industry is cluttered with liberals. In a profession where reputation is everything, the best way to stay afloat is to keep with whatever trends are flowing from the top. Especially now, where the media can grab a soundbyte and spin it into perpetual magnitudes, the best thing to do is just stay within the echo chamber to avoid career suicide.

Giving a voice to those who dont have one.

You are delusional if you think that tons of people with liberal views only do so to be trendy.

u really showed him

yes its very important to give supporters of sharia law a voice

>implying conservatism isn't about feelings

"We can't have gays and trannies running around, because (I feel) it's wrong!"

you think i disagree with you when i dont. (The whole idea of liberalism is the protection of individual human rights)

God is real
I can *feel* him

oh its just weird that the left wants to bring in more muslims then

easier to sell a shitty album if they agree with it

No, I'm not, and it isn't to be trendy it's to keep their job.

You guys do realize that Islam is the newest Maharishi right, its just some exotic Eastern religion that talks about getting high on hash and its completely different then our degenerate western ways so musicians think they can use it for inspo.

>it isn't to be trendy it's to keep their job.
In a lot of cases, that's one and the same

Yeah so that sort of view isnt an actual liberal value. same thing with abortion. Liberalism has been hijacked by 18 year old girls that grew up in San Francisco, they have no understanding of literally fucking anything. Same reason why most ex military guys tend to be more conservative just because after 25 years in the army they have a pretty good idea of what issues actually fucking matter for ones well being. (Not to mention their witnessing world politics play out in real time.) "Neo-Liberals" just wanna feel like they know how to change the world and they know whats best for everyone. Its disgusting because actual Liberalism is pretty reasonable.

Morrissey loves UKIP

if it is true, it is not something that can be reduced to "feeling" things, which most people are capable of. there may be different events or thoughts that evoke some feelings depending on your beliefs and outlook, but the feelings themselves are fairly universal.

i know this isn't /lit/, but if anyone has any book recommendations that attempts to tackle this sort of question from a psychological or history of art perspective, i'd be pretty interested and thankful to hear them.

Artists have always been perceived as being a generally liberal group

this
Compared to non-artists, artists tend to have higher levels of openness to experience and lower levels of conscientiousness, while scientists are more open to experience, conscientious, and higher in the confidence-dominance facets of extraversion compared to non-scientists.[59]
also most musicians are also drug addicts