You can only post in this thread if you live in a country ruled by a dictatorship/coup

You can only post in this thread if you live in a country ruled by a dictatorship/coup.

>libtards are too dumb to understand how electorals work
my sides

>electoral college
>implying this stupid shit should even exist

Didn't the same happen with Bush/Gore?
How does this happen? Could a kind burgerbro please explain this to me

>Having an electoral system
American """"""Democracy"""""""

The US isn't a democracy, it's a Republic and union of states. Cry some more bitch.

>Didn't the same happen with Bush/Gore?

Dude this has been going for a LONG time.

Google the corrupt bargain of 1824.

>The US isn't a democracy,

Which is why our country is shit and in the mess we are in now.

>BUT BUT IT'S OK BECAUSE DEMOCRACY IS BAD

You sound like a monarchist.

States have a certain number of electors who actually vote for the President. Most states have a winner-takes-all approach, which means the person who wins the most votes gets ALL the electoral votes.

So, the popular vote doesn't necessarily match the number of electoral votes.

>Which is why our country is shit and in the mess we are in now.
I didn't know the electoral college was causing massive demographic shifts, the recession, and racial tension

>You sound like a monarchist.
Look at my fucking flag you nitwit.

>States have a certain number of electors who actually vote for the President.

One of the stupidest fucking things that exists.

It existed during a time when they only had horse and buggy and it took months to count the popular vote.

The only reason it even exists is it's in the US Constitution and NOBODY HAS REPEALED IT! This could have easily been solved decades ago if Congress had voted on a constitutional amendment to repeal the electoral collages.

If it not exist, just 3 states could run the country for ever.
It's the only reason to US stay united.

Can you imagine live in a state that have no power over election at all?

chicano thread

your illegal family members better start packing

>Look at my fucking flag you nitwit.

>complain about democracy
>SUPPORT BREXIT VOTE!!!!!!!!!!

How is that Brexit vote working for you Britcuck? Hate democracy now?

If the opposite had happened liberals would be falling over themselves praising the electoral college.

Thanks for the explanation
So what is the point of the general public voting if the final decision is down to the electoral college?

>population of 300m
>only 120m people voted

>The only reason it even exists is it's in the US Constitution and NOBODY HAS REPEALED IT!
Why would low population states want to repeal it? It would literally only benefit high population states.

Here's hoping Trump allows California seceding so you whiny bitches can fuck off.

>, just 3 states could run the country for ever.

No, it would be a national vote the way IT FUCKING SHOULD BE

Ask it we don't have stupid shit like "swing states".

How about the candidates travel the most populous states, you know the place where people live? As opposed to showing up to Iowa and middle of fucking no where Ohio.

seems fine to me

especially when you factor in all of the voter fraud and illegals that democrats use

virginia even gave voting access back to 60k felons this year

You know that the popular vote isn't accurate right? The runoff includes late votes that aren't counted because they're often forgeries.

Trump won by a large margin, accept it.

>You know that the popular vote isn't accurate right?

Are you retarded?

>Why would low population states want to repeal it?

Yeah fuck populous states with more people!

See
Voter fraud is a persistent problem that the elector college is made to counteract

you're the only retarded one here

You realise that the US has referendums on the ballot every year too, right? Did you even vote?

>Voter fraud

Doesn't exist. Fucking kill yourself you dumb faggot.

If you're a country where not every person's vote counts you're not a democracy.

>you're the only retarded one here

Go suck a big fat cock.

now you're just shitposting

are you actually going to provide an argument?

>You realise that the US has referendums on the ballot every year too, right? Did you even vote?

Oh someone is triggered. My state didn't have any referendums. Now I want to ask again, you hate democracy, so you must be ok with the court ruling saying Brexit must be voted on via parliament right? After all you aren't a democracy right faggot?

220,000,000 of those Americans are able to vote though

kek this buttblasted americANO

you have to go back, pack the bags

envy america
we want far right politicians too

What does this have to do with the electoral college?
National leaders are not generally directly elected in western countries.
Why are you such a salty little chicano?

You're a retard

Democracy was a dirty word to our founding fathers. What they created was a federal republic where power is shared by the central government and the states. The states choose the president...not the masses

>If you're a country where not every person's vote counts you're not a democracy.

We are a plutocracy, people pretend it's a constitutional republic.

Really no different from Russia or Iran.

>What does this have to do with the electoral college?

I already stated that when the founders set up the Constitution they put the electoral college in because it was 1780s and the had horse and buggy. It was hard as hell to count popular votes back than and took months.

The US Constitution is THE HARDEST CONSTITUTION TO AMEND ON THE PLANET

So every fucking year we deal with this stupid shit because of some stuff a bunch of old white faggots in 1780 set up.

Sup bros, how is your coup going along? Ours is fine, no one gives a shit

>Sup bros, how is your coup going along? Ours is fine, no one gives a shit

What is going on in Brazil since the coup?

We might have a referendum calling for a recount if it goes any higher so hey.

>how is your coup going along?

Nothing much, Hillary's margins will probably get larger as more of CA is counted. Trump will probably turn into GWB 2.0 and destroy the planet.

>current year
>OLD WHITE MEN
oh god my sides
Just fuck off already, you people lost and we don't have to listen to your non-arguments anymore.

NOT THIS SHIT AGAIN

I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF YOUR MEME POLITICS

THE ONE WITH THE *MOST VOTES* WINS YOU FUCKING RETARDS, HOW HARD A CONCEPT IS THAT TO GRASP

IRAQ HAS MORE DEMOCRACY THAN THIS

i was watching it live as it ticked over to donald being called the president elect and as he reached around the 260 going into 270 mark he held close to 49% of the popular vote, i left the page open for a long time after because i had a $50 bet placed on him getting 50%+ and it slowly evened out then went over for hillary.
if i were a tinfoil i would say that these last minute votes were deliberately put on after the fact to legitimise some sorts of discontent in regards to how the election worked, and possibly validate a claim on the throne via popular vote instead of earned delegates

So 100,000,000 people didn't vote? It's a huge number.

But why is the president not decided by popular vote?

Civil war 2.0 fucking when?

THERES A REASON WHY ITS SO HARD

AND A REASON WHY IT HAS FOSTERED SO MUCH SUCCESS OVER THE YEARS YOU CHILD

You literally think your opinion on national policy is better than the room full of highly intelligent scholars who built the current superpower of the planet, literally kill yourself

Trump needs to shoot a black guy.

>So what is the point of the general public voting if the final decision is down to the electoral college?

As far as I understand it the electoral college are supposed to vote on behalf of the public regardless of their leaning and do for the most part.

Those who don't, I don't get it either

They know it's shit though, there's a reason why the US installs an democracy and constitution whenever they "liberate" someone.

No one cares that Clinton racked up a bunch of Latino votes in California.

Sore losers.

At least it's not as bad as UK's first past the pole.

>get 12.6% of votes
>get 0.2% of seats (one)

>FOSTERED SO MUCH SUCCESS

?????????

There are tons of other countries more success than the USA

now florida runs the country forever

Like your homeland, hombre?

>Trump needs to shoot a black guy.

I'm seriously considering protesting and rioting over this. I saw 2000 stolen from me and it's happening AGAIN

>Like your homeland, hombre?

I'm Scottish American, who has family members dating back to the 1700s in this country you Britcucking faggot.

>It's completely impossible to commit voter fraud and have flaws in the voting process

Many of those are children or non-citizens. The registration rate of those eligible to vote is pretty good, and the turnout for this election was also pretty good.

The entire world is still embroiled in the turmoil wrought by Bush. I may be just lanky elf but you have my bow.

>Yeah fuck populous states with more people!
It's not about fucking them. Besides California alone got 55 electoral votes, 18 times more than most low pop states. It's about preserving state rights. Because the US is at the very core a union between states. There would have been no reason for plenty of states to join if the deal was that they'd have no say whatsoever because their population was so small. You already have your democracy, as in you get to elect your state government.

Wow, I love Japan, Iceland, Sweden and Italy even more now.

>implying it shouldn't
States have different priorities to the people you dumb cunt

>It's not about fucking them.

>it's not about the voters
>it's about a bunch of delegates picked at democratic and republican state conventions who represent a state and go on to vote for a president, unless they are a faithless elector.

Lol people in low population states have more ppwer because their vote is worth more

>sweden
>democracy

Because that's how the union was set up. Tough shit.

City dwellers aren't human tbf.

Proportional representation doesn't really work for a functioning government though.

Yes our system has flaws with tactical voting, and UKIP were an extreme example of unrepresented voters but ultimately it's more efficient for domestic ruling.

SD wields influence. Why do you think our borders are closed, coincidence?

>Because that's how the union was set up

This isn't a fucking joke. My vote is literally being STOLEN from me.

I wasn't even alive when the US Constitution was written

So you can have glorious Nipponese Empire again?

If so, at least promise me you'll be somewhat half-way competent this time 'round.

Jesus, i love how every single countrymembers shits on it's own country. Even one with have highest ratings on democracy and life quality, next to Norway.

1776 is the answer to 1984, friend.

>My vote is literally being STOLEN from me.
Actually, it's an effort to correct inherent flaws in the system of the popular vote.

>I wasn't even alive when the US Constitution was written
How are you able to vote when you appear to literally be 15?

>Article 1
Holy shit, that is the most fedora tier pic I've seen in a while

That act doesn't contradict Article 1

>I hate the constitution but only when my candidate loses

>mfw amerisharts don't get how their political system works
It's Bush vs. Gore all over again.

This
The constitution hasn't been made just like that, and never was a government generation interested in "accomodating" them to the current law. They just removed pieces to allow more government control.

Germany's "Constitution" is the counterexample to this. It'd been slapped onto our people by the victors of WWII to lobotomize our culture. The sum-up is basically "dont b nazi, düde" and we still hold it beyond heaven.

Kids need to realize that the past generations have become not just a twisted, but an utterly upside down turned world. Because good and bad have been completely exchanged, the image is so seemless.
The american constitution, a Libertarian piece of solidarity, is being considered "archaic" and abstract, while the german one, which is merely propaganda solidified as a set of laws, is being held as an important, "rightful", "future-looking" way to keep your country intact.

Do you not notice the sick humor in calling this eternal turn to the worse "modern and progressive"? It's sadist humor by demagogues. By your progressive, modern, colorful future they mean the unseeming, exhausting, vitriolic peasantry you can look forward to, under the palms of a bourgoisie.

Hell, even the spirit of communism has been twisted into "lets be librulz, they're the only good guys".
As I said, the world has been perfectly morphed into an upside down state, and this propagandisation is intended to turn your instincts and your perspective in the world upside down so that you feel good about being ripped off, and that just because the rip-off has been phrased so wonderfully. And hey, at least they do make you happy while ripping you off so they deserve what they demand from you.

That's the liberal mindset. The "modern" mindset. Being a slave taking pride in being a slave instead of an oh-so-primitive "independent" man.

>I wasn't even alive when the US Constitution was written
You weren't alive when most laws were written, m8

Yeah because when Bush stole the 2000 election and went on to start two illegal wars and crashed the world economy, it didn't turn out well for the planet.

If you are a non-American you should be just as concerned as I am of this right wing coup.

frog here gets it
if hillary won this salty faggot would be making 5 threads praising the american system
fuck off already you whiny child

The general public determines how the *state's* electoral votes are allocated. It's part of the separation between the states and the feds

>comparing trump and bush

you're a moron, and you don't know what you're talking about

Well I'm not. Because like you said, nobody's going to be crazier than Bush.

Do democrats ever win by the bullshit vote?

>see another of my candidate lost! fuck the constitution!

keep em coming

Bush Jr. is a Republican

What party do you think Donald Trump is part of kid?

>internet speed
>japan ahead of us

I call this bullshit

>Hillary
>lost

She is the rightful president in my eyes.

I'm venezuelan, does that count?

>right wing coup
Hillary's lead can be completed explained away by illegals voting in California and that is why nobody is making as big a deal about this in 2000. Funny how you throw around words like coup when your party depends on the votes of non-citizens to "win" elections.

You are moron and with every post you make me support Drumpf a little more.

Buttblasted faggot

LOL

If you really think Bush and Trump are cast from the same mold you should just stop posting.

218 million are eligible to vote. I imagine a lot of the people who didn't vote are people whose states will go either blue or red regardless