Are Orange Amps actually good or are they just a meme people pretend to like because they're literally orange...

Are Orange Amps actually good or are they just a meme people pretend to like because they're literally orange? They get recommended a lot but when looking into actual musicians, they all play either Vox, Mesa Boogie, Fender or Marshall. I literally can not find a single musician who used Orange.

Other urls found in this thread:

howlingwolf.co/howling-wolf-530-reverb/4586684481
youtube.com/watch?v=nqm_A_3YsP0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gira endorsed.

Oh really?

I've got an OR15, clean is shit but fuzzy wuzzy is dank.

>posting memesicians and literal whos

Do you know what you're talking about, OP?

They're very highly revered and used by fucktons of musicians. I mean, hell, just visit the Artists page on their website.
I've never gotten quite what I wanted out of the (cheap) Oranges I've played, but I didn't really spend much time with them. Other people I've talked to have said that they didn't like Oranges until they'd heard them knobbed a certain way and fell in love.

>Swans
>Boris
>not who you want to be
wew lad post these guys using vox. mesa or marshall amps who are nxtlvl

Gira isn't a meme, and if you don't know who Wata is and what band she's in then you're an autopleb.

i seriously doubt you're going to see some memester wearing a swans shirt at this point especially when people are too chickenshit to do so after the whole spectacle of Larkin Grimm.

They used to be good when Celestion Vintage 30's were still made in the UK. But since Celestion outsourced the labor to China the quality has gone downhill.

>amps were good when the speakers inside the cabinets they are plugged into were made elsewhere

so..

meme status confirmed

boris is fucking fantastic. not our fault you're a pleb who doesn't understand good music

You realize the head (the actual amp) isn't apart of the cab right? Just get a Mesa cab or build one yourself if you want Vintage 30s.

>he doesn't know who wata is
what are you talking about I wear my filth shirt all the time and nobody's sperged on me about le rapist cowboy man

how is this even relevant anyway

>I literally can not find a single musician who used Orange.
Try harder.

Or100 owner here

They're pretty good m8

Orange are shit, as are non vintage fenders, all Marshall's, non custom Mesa boogies and fucking supros,

Hughes and kettner, voxs, and the howling wolf 5/30 combo are fucking goat lad. Get them if you want decent tone

>Hughes and kettner
>vox
WEW
E
W

If you're a normie you wouldn't know who swans or bois are.

>is a brand of amps just a meme

>Hughes and Kettner

Nice trips, shit argument :'-)
Enjoy your hair metal level tone pleb

haha nice reaciton pic dude i love michael carell

howlingwolf.co/howling-wolf-530-reverb/4586684481

Best bang for your amp buck ever. A Swiss Army knife of amp tone

You also have just hurled insults instead of making an argument.

hughes and kettner is a literal memebox

a LOT of good artists use orange products their thunderverb 50 head has fucking legendary tone

Stop shilling your company.

Had an AD30 and two cabs. orange are great amps but they are a bit overpriced. If you really want an orange buy It used.

God, I love this board.

crying pissbaby

cheers john

Right, you fucks, I'm glad you engage in ritual hypocrisy over insults, but since you say you want to actually engage in an argument about Hughes and kettner, I'll be happy to oblige.

I'm a classical guitarist turned electric guitarist with teaching qualifications in both. I've tried a lot of H&K amps in shop, and I will conceded that the flagship tube heads and solid state hybrids are shit, as are the metal oriented stacks.

With that said, the closest thing I have come to the sheer clarity of a friend of mines 50's bassman is the H&K dual 6l6 statesman. It's a beautiful amp, in ox blood with cream radio dials, but more importantly it's an open backed combo of unusual focus and bell-like tone. Nothing besides the howling wolf combo I posted above comes close to it, and the only reason I use the howling as my gigging amp is because of it's switchable headroom for the venues I play.

Not that you ducks would understand that concept since you are probably all without exception NEET bedroom guitar players with Roland cubes for amps and opinions straight off guitar player magazine.

Get yourselves a pair of ear transplants, or else switch to gardening. Would be a better use of your time

>Hughes and Kettner

Orange amps don't sound good.

Most artists you see using them are using them because Orange gave then amps/cabs for free. And that's the only reason. Touring Japan? Cool, we'll get you a cab to use there for free. Orange is just pushing their brand right now with good artist relations. Marketing 101, children.

They're pretty much just mediocre shit, ask around.

Sure convinced me with those hot opinions.

Sorry you can't blast guitar hero out on it, new friend

Sure convinced me with those lukewarm memes of yours :'-)

>he's still replying

All anyone needs to do is take a look at some studio footage of Orange amp endorsers to see they're not being used to record with. Most artists know Orange gear doesn't have it where it counts. They're not being used live because they sound good, they're being used live because they're free and readily available in most first world touring destinations.

Sorry to burst your bubble. Sucks for you, I guess.

>all these highly regarded amps are shit, hughes and kettner are better
>all hughes and kettner i've played are shit except for one

Shit, man, you can't be for real. Why did you even post?

Gonna have to show me footage of Wata using amp that isn't Orange m8.

please tell me you tardy shits actually believe bands are really using orange garbage live

>muh vintage meme guitars
here's a hint: they're worth money because they're OLD and RARE, not because they sound good

>They get recommended a lot but when looking into actual musicians, they all play either Vox, Mesa Boogie, Fender or Marshall. I literally can not find a single musician who used Orange.
sounds like you haven't looked into anything at all and are just shitposting. different amps, different sounds. plenty of prominent musicians use orange

omar definitely does, seen it with my own two eyes

>not even using an Orange as proof
Yes, yes, Giras small Orange combo must be a plant. This photo of Wata in the studio, plant.

Laney masterrace

Shit in that heavy metal stacks and high gain tube heads don't suit my playing style. I'm sure that high gain junkies would find their fix in them, but they don't do it for me
>not knowing how good vintage bassman amps sound
Shit man, why do you even post
If you're going to shit on a brand, at least do it from an informed point of view instead of going on the Sup Forums anti H&K circlejerk
In short: >>>>>>r/guitar

Stevie, stop, you can't record Innervisions with that shit, get yourself a Hughes and Kettner lad. Admittedly this could be a plant.

You seem pretty stuck on your preconceived ideas, there's probably nothing I could say that would convince you otherwise. You're also being willfully ignorant concerning the fact that there's a distinct difference between vintage Orange equipment and the newer chinese made garbage that all these bands are getting for free because they're endorsing the brand.

Whatever, you could've learned something here if you actually wanted to.

>hues and kekner

I'm the H&K faggot here, but fucking hell I kekked

Is this how you talk to your students?

>Orange move to china in 2010
>Wata has been using them since 96, may not have been new then
What's your point lad? OP said he sees nobody use them, people do, vintage or not.

You fucking won't be laughing when you realise how good Living For The City could've sounded on those amps that this guy shills but doesn't like.

You came into an Orange thread to talk about your hanky spanky Hughes and Kettner cleans, and I never said anything about Fenders. Are you genuinely autistic? Holy shit.

A Frommel-modded Hotrod or 5150 with a 10k cap update sounds better than any H&K/Vox/Mesa I've ever worked on, desu.

Obviously shopped.

>living for the city
Dropped
Also
>guitar amp for a keyboard player
What the fuck is this, the 60's? :'-)

WATA! STOP THAT RIFFAGE, you require a vintage Deluxe Reverb for sick cleans,
youtube.com/watch?v=nqm_A_3YsP0

shh lad, i work for Orange and i'm shilling.

Stevie Wonder is a musical genus and Living For The City is his best song, me and you can go rounds if you continue to talk smack on this anonymous anime website.

I've already made my point very clear.

Orange amps aren't being used because they sound good, they're being used because they're free. They're being used live because they're free, not because they sound good. They're not being used to record with because they don't sound good. Yes, some vintage Orange gear is probably being used to record with but that's not the gear these artists are being seen touring with.

It's as simple as that really.

Black Sabbath is an obvious one.

>Just a god-awful wash of eardrum-crushing distortion.

That must have been a treat, kek.

I compared the H&K I have to a Fender bassman. You compared me to an autist. I will concede that one is more common as a practice on Sup Forums than the other, but that doesn't excuse your lack of reading comprehension

Also, Orange thread? Since when were we limited to one fucking amplifier brand? Why not just put a Marshall decal on this thread and prosecute any who mention any other brand?

I thought autism had a spectrum, but yours seems to be so skewed towards the top of the spectrum it's monochrome.

I never said Stevie wasn't a musical genius, but if you think living for the city is his best song you are a top tier pleb nearly on par with those who like happy birthday.

Bet your band is dank.

>doesn't provide his favourite
Well, great post.

>Orange thread
It's like you don't know how this site works.

Wtf I hate my band now

>I compared the H&K I have to a Fender bassman.
You did that two posts ago. I made no mention of it. There was literally no need for that greentext implying I don't know what a Bassman sounds like. It's pointless fluff and doesn't help your argument.

>Also, Orange thread? Since when were we limited to one fucking amplifier brand?
Never, but Orange amps are generally regarded for their high-gain tones. Naturally, discussion about amps with high-gain tones follows the initial mention of Orange. You came into the thread saying "all this heavy, high-gain stuff is shit" and then started spouting off about your Hughes and Kettner clean tone. Like, really? Why?

Also, stop saying "I will concede". You sound like a fucking goob.

I believe... Second boogie on reggae woman, third blame it on the sun.

Living for the city is preachy shit on par with in the ghetto.

Also, >expecting a thread where anons are asked about a specific amp brand not to have anons shit on said brand and recommend others
It's as if you don't know how this board works

>not taking arguments in as a whole
Fucking hell, and you think I sound like a goop, whatever the fuck that is
>came into this thread saying all this heavy high gain stuff is shit
I said it didn't fit my playing style, and I only said that in reference to the H&K high gain stacks. Hence why I recommend taking arguments in as a whole

In addition, I'd recommend a healthy dose of cyanide. It'd help cure you of what I'm sure is quite a miserable pointless existence

>...
All his song are preachy lad. f you want a Marshall thread start one, don't cry about it in here.

My favorite orange is a Marshall Super Lead.

They're pretty bright sounding. That's all I know. Vox is great. Mesa Boogie is really modern sounding so don't buy one unless you like that "newer" scooped tone and really clean tones, fenders are bright as all fucking tarnation and will pierce your ears, Marshalls are great for rock and are sort of a jack of all trades but master of none.

>I said it didn't fit my playing style, and I only said that in reference to the H&K high gain stacks.
Actually, you said:
>Orange are shit, as are non vintage fenders, all Marshall's, non custom Mesa boogies

>I'd recommend a healthy does of cyanide
lol. Pic related is you.

i dont like how they sound desu. their drive is not smooth like a marschall, its a very compressed metallic overdrive. almost like a mesa dual rect but with a lot less gain and none of that tightness and aggression. it has these weird bottom end that sounds very hardrock imo. i sometimes hear people say they have good cleans but i actually think there are few amps with worse cleans.

i'd say fender marschall and mesa are top tier. fender for cleans and amps that take pedals well, marschall because they have the nicest slightly broken up tones ever(though they dont take pedals too well imo and you gotta get a 100w to get the nice tones which you can basicly never play because its too loud and will fuck your ears lol) and mesa because imo the dual rect has the best high gain tones you can imagine by a big shot.

>Marshall Super Lead.
Ahh...to the untrained eye, but I'll think you'll find those are empty shells and the guitarist is actually plugged straight into the mains socket as to kill himself quickly and not have to look to that ugly grill cloth any more.

Not every gigging guitar player is as poor or full of shit as you think.

Wait, what. That was a banter post, are you tired? Go to bed.

You sure are ridiculous, kid.

I seriously don't get what you are angry about.

Is "banter" the new catchall excuse meme word for pretending to be retarded?

Im not angry or even the same user that was talking to you. Just posted a picture of orangy Marshalls. Im going to listen to Linda Ronstadt now.

Which part of my post sounded remotely serious to you?

>used by fucktons of musicians.

because they get them for free

Shany?

nice thread idiots

So, are Orange amps a meme?

Gira used an Orange during Swans' 2014 concert in Dallas, but it crapped out early.

no, but Hughes and Kettner amps are

if dubs then yes

They are quite good, of course it depends on what kind of style you play, sometimes i use mine for playing some sabbath songs, of course people here say its a meme, half of them have never tried one and just repeat what others say while the rest just tried cheap garbage

overrated, not bad but nothing special
they look great though so all the indie kids want one

What brand do you use?