mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs
reverb.com/item/2664993-1968-fender-mustang-competition-orange
youtube.com/watch?v=MYK_PF9WTRE
vocaroo.com/i/s1WztRmMYLjj
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I guess you think I can't shit up two threads at once.

Challenge accepted.

Let's do this together boy

Hell yeah, fuck this train.

No survivors.

Hey everyone I'm considering getting a sg special and i was wondering what people thought of it's tone in general and playability?
I'm mainly getting it because it's what duster used to record stratosphere and I don't think a fender strat can pull that sort of sound off.

So how do you fine gentlemen feel about communism

Get Jazzmaster doe it can do everything indie

aint that like putin or sum sheeeit? hes cool i guess

Frank Zappa said it was for women and college students with arched backs or something

Zappa also hated niggers so I think we're good

>Zappa also hated niggers
>that's a bad thing
also untrue anyway.

nah he really did m8

b-but the black lads in his band, i hope he wasn't too mean to them.

he prolly payed them less and said they sunk behind their backs

Greetings comrades! Allow us to play fun game during government approved break time. It is called "guess song based on tablature" in which you guess song based on tablature. Allow me to commence fun:

ё|---
Б|---
Г|---
Д|-5-
A|---
Ё|---

Apologies, I have run out of government rationed characters and cannot complete tablature. Can you guess song? Correct, it is Soviet National Anthem! Well done, comrades!

youtube.com/watch?v=U06jlgpMtQs

Break time is over. Back to work or be sent to gulag!

Is the Vox AC4C1 a decent alternative to the AC15? I've played the 15 at my local GC and love it but the only 4 they have to try out is the crappy TV version. If it's just as good an amp I'd like to save a little money and not have to haul 50lbs around.

Beginner here.

When I look up song tutorials on Youtube, why is it that a lot of different people place different chords for the same song? How do I know which is right?

Don't get a new Gibson, the QC is awful these days, not even remotely worth what it costs. SG's are pretty weak, unstable, dodgy necks etc

Does anyone here have a Vox VTX? It's digital modeling but it has a tupe preamp and it's a fucking Vox.

>Don't get a new Gibson, the QC is awful these days
You're about half a decade behind. QC has been improving since 2012. 2015 had some stupid specs but the 2016 models are very consistent QC wise.

I've still seen so many with rough fret jobs, badly done colour jobs, improper neck joints. Plus their headstock volute design is laughable. Dunno why people would pay so much for one

I really want a new project to do and I want to use weird microphonic vintage Japanese pickups or Goldfoils and some weird offset color. So far I've been thinking about Burgundy Mist paired with silver jap P90s. I'm thinking of something like pic related but with only two pickups and no hollowbody. I was also thinking about an Epi/Gibson like an SG or Firebird but I haven't really enjoyed the feeling of playing them.

I'm also thinking about a Jaguar/Firebird in Daphne Blue or Surf Green with a Gold Foil in the neck and a Mini Humbucker in the bridge. I already have a Wine red Tele and a Surf Green Strat and I want to go wild on my 3rd guitar. I want it to be an offset and I can't get enough surf green.

>tfw I was Saving up for the BECK mustang because the two other bros had one. Finally get the cash but none are for sale then this comes up

reverb.com/item/2664993-1968-fender-mustang-competition-orange
Holy shit wish me luck guys, I know the electronics are MiJ but I'll buy vintage spec parts piece by piece over time

why do Sup Forumsfags have such disgusting guitar taste
>inb4 muh tones
>inb4 its for grunge folk punk anime cock rock

I don't know man, I said I have a Strat and Tele already and want to get something fun for my 3rd guitar and I'm leaning towards Fender Offsets since I haven't really connected with any Gibsons. I'm not gunna get a warlock or some Reverend/Eastwood monstrosity.

If you like offsets, have a look at the new Ibanez Talman range (the Prestige models). Might be up your alley.

I tried the Tele style Talman out and I didn't like the feel of the body and I don't really want another Tele. I'm going for a more unconventional/wacky/unique sound. I've also looked into these Ernie Ball stingrays HH model but the neck and body feel like they don't belong together. Hopefully I can try the Albert King HH Ernie Ball and see how that goes but my budget is under $1,000

Oops meant to say Albert Lee, these things look straight out of a 90s cartoon and look almost Guild like

disgusting

Sweet, I love Ernie Ball guitars and basses, my favourite production company. I've never played the Stingray or Albert Lee guitars though as my country doesn't really bring in too many. I'm not sure how unconventional the sound of the Lee will be, but messing with the wiring and selector can do quite a bit.

Btw, what did you dislike about the Talman? Did you just find the body shape to be uncomfortable?

For the Talman I found it to be unoriginal with the pickups and position and with the body it felt way too rounded. I like horned guitars and feel as if they're more comfortable for some reason. The Talmans felt like a Tele top with a Jazz/Jag bottom.

To be fair, Ibbys usually come with shit pickups, I think they figure people will always swap them out.

First for rickenbackers

What is a good tailpiece to replace the R one?

I wanted the old accent vibrato tailpiece but if I could find one it would've been overseas and pricey asf

Also don't want to have a bigsby because I ain't drilling holes Lmao

Just need to know a good replacement if the R ever breaks

Sup mu, can anyone tell me if trading my PRS SE 245 for a squier mustang is worth?

Is this bait

Nah, Why would it be? A cheap guitar for a slightly different cheap guitar

That's mean, bro. If you didn't do it when you bought it, it doesn't mean anything.

Winfield makes all the tailpieces you could imagine for a rick and I believe they even have some kits that do not require any drilling.

Thanks fammie

What are some good pedals to start with if I want to make post-rock?

Considering Big Muff and a Reverb Pedal

Ibanez Tube Screamer
Little Big Muff
Strymon Deco
MXR Carbon Copy

are vox amps worth looking into?

Yes they are if you like their sound.

now now, 11 strings is obviously pure cancer

This.

you should try playing them instead of looking inside, that gives a better insight of what they sound like

What are some nice small body electric guitars?

how about TC Electronic T2?

They have an extremely specific sound. They're great for some things, shit for others (like most amps, to be fair). For a good ol' timey Brit-crunch they are fantastic. You probably won't get great mellow-cleans, or high-gain sounds tho

Steinberger.

What pedals are good for playing black metal like Inquisition or Deathspell Omega?

Metal Zone or Behringer

I was thinking something more "normal" guitar looking. So far stratotone is the best I have found but those arent too pretty. Pic related

Make sure to play through a Line 6 Spider

What's wrong about a Jaguar, though?

Supro Ozarks are tiny and awesome

Post those Pedalboards lads

I don't know if it's any good, but it's the only one I could think of

(This is not a joke in case you're wondering)

Noice. What are the home-made ones?

>Inquisition
when I saw Dagon live he had a Diezel VH4 into some 4x12 I dont remember, and some rack mounted units into what was probably an 8x10. You're going to need more than just pedals to replicate his tone.
On the last album he apparently mixed three amps, a Soldano SLO, Soldano Hot rod 50, and a Krank nineteen80, and for cabs he used a Hiwatt, a Marshall and a Soldano 2×12.
No idea about DSO but I'd guess they used a pretty similar recording process to get that huge kind of sound.

Anyone performed during a wedding ceremony before on any instrument?(who am I kidding)
How do you watch for your cues to play.
I'll only end up playing for 15 minutes, but it's more about execution and timing.

A 1:1 copy of a woolly mammoth, an optical compressor and an auto wah. Built from scratch actually, including the PCB layouts and the PCBs themselves.

I assume somebody will tell you, "go play now."

It's so hard to meet other guitarists in small towns. I finally found a couple of them, we've been messaging and they sent some audios of them playing over a backing track.
So I thought I could send something as well, since I've never had feedback on my playing, so I recorded a kinda nice raga over a tanpura drone. They literally said "that'd fit a hotel", "yeah that's ok but it's a shame cause that fucking noise on the background ruins it all"

I don't know why did I think they'd know what a raga is in the first place. They don't seem to understand anything beyond their dull tasteless pentatonic wankery.

Isn't it a shit when there isn't anyone you can share your passion for guitar with?

Sexy. Post your compressor schematic, I just bought an opto-coupler the other day and I'm looking for projects.

There will be a running sheet or use the order of service.

The priest will usually give you a nod too - they've usually done a zillion of them and know how to run things.

Email the bride and get a running sheet - she'll have been planning this for years

Here, do you need/want the PCB layout as well?

Thanks m8.

I feel like this is bait just because of how exaggerated this whole story is, even if it wasn't meant to be bait.

I like Indian music and will spend quite a while at home playing and practicing it on guitar. I understand if one of my roommates gets annoyed or something though, and I'll stop. It's just a musical taste, not a matter of how sophisticated somebody is.

Nah, I use vero.

Thanks, mang.

Marshall Jackhammer or MXR Distortion + script logo?

Also know exactly what you need to play and practice!

Make sure you've got any of their special requests, (eg. she want to walk down the aisle to a Robbie Williams song or whatever) this is the shit you really don't want to fuck up

No problem, I hope european norms and symbols aren't too confusing.

Electrical student here. Nice looking PCB and schematic. Do you mind telling me what the pedal does and the main function of the optocoupler. It will help me out when analysing your circuit

I am European muthafuckaaa

Splits input between amplifying op-amp (top) and feedback op-amp (bottom). The amount of amplification is controlled by the opto-coupler in the middle: more voltage at the second op-amp increases negative feedback in the first, reducing output.

It's a compressor.

What are good pedals for space rock?

I know, and it's not like indian music is the only thing I play. The thing is, I have to cope with their beginner blues attempts while I can't share my own playing with them because it's "too exotic" for them.

That's all, I'm not critizicing them for not being sophisticated or anything. I'm just annoyed at the fact that it's really hard to meet other players you can feel a connection with, at least in small towns.

what can i call that's stronger than the federal government

Guess I'm too late:

stupid fucks why are there two threads

Because that one doesn't have /gg/ in the title.

banter

roman breaking his dick off in some newfags. another day ending in y in other words

I'm not worried about my playing, many these songs have been in my repertoire for years.
I'm more worried about how my PA will sound outside and how the weather will be.

>Indian Music
You need one of these.
youtube.com/watch?v=MYK_PF9WTRE
There's a lot of neat microtonal music, but the 12 tone system took over in popularity so it likely never saw it's maximum potential.

I still prefer the western system for uniformity and simplicity.

Carnatic and Hindustani music are still essentially 12 tone with very specific bends and slurs into notes. It isn't really "microtonal" in the sense of dwelling on notes between semitones.

>You need one of these.
Or he could just play a fretless instrument.

The correct number of tones is either 12 or 24. I suspect 12 is optimal.

Thats a bit too tiny but still cool
Thanks it was something like this I was thinking of. Do you know if there is any guitar this sized that looked more Fender?

there's no correct when we're not dealing with absolutes, people perceive sound differently

Or 31 or etc
There's a lot of systems, the western 12 tone is simply the most prevalent.

The reason I like those two is that they are highly divisible despite being relatively small. Lots of nice intervals result.

It is definitely sheer chance that 12 is a sublime number.

what's a good OD pedal for this?

>come over here and play me a song user

/gg/, what would be the best Fender amps under 1000€?

Looking towards an Hot Rod, but I need your wisdom.

Bros, you got to help me out. I can't think of a more knowledgeable crowd than you guys. What is this song. Quality is shit

vocaroo.com/i/s1WztRmMYLjj

I never use to listen to anything before I started playing guitar. This riff was on a mobile game I played 6 years ago and it was the seed that started me playing a couple of months ago. I've plugged it into shazzam and soundhound and found nothing. I recorded it from an old as fuck phone that barely works anymore.

get one from the 00s or 90s since they're cheaper than muh vintage gibzun or a new one