What does Sup Forums mean when they do this?

What does Sup Forums mean when they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iX7OSL085Do
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>>r/thedonald

pathetic beta males
go shoot up a school or something

they're pointing out the inconsistency of being against homophobia while listening to music with homophobic lyrical content

usually a concern troll tactic by proudly homophobic people

best left on pol

yeah, liberals are hypocrites

>if you arent liberal, you should fuck off to Sup Forums!

no, it's a political discussion, prob shouldn't be here

meh the thread will b deleted soon, might as well enjoy it while we can

The thread is about the sociopolitical aspects of both an entire genre and the subculture surrounding it. I'm pretty sure that's a Sup Forums enough topic.

>letting your (identity-)political ideas get in the way of your musical taste
lmao who does that

sadly lots of people

people never have an answer when i say, "well, miles davis was a wife beater - is his music bad all the sudden?"

the two things are distinct, although the lyrical content makes the contradiction more explicit

>implying i'd ever waste my time on rap

please stop posting this thread you're literally using a meme image to bait I can't take this low quality bait anymore what happened to the old days with good bait which people would think was real goddamn please delete this thread

What the fuck else would you listen to rap for other than the lyrical content? The simplistic, boring ass three bar loops? The monotonous vocals performances?

You'd have a point if rap actually had anything else going for it. Same goes for folk-punk. Every time you criticise the fucking retarded lyrical content of something like AJJ, you get this terrible argument, even though there's literally nothing else to their music other than the message and lyrics. What else am I supposed to "appreciate"? The Instrumentals? Strcture? If I wanted to listen to some shitty four chord diddleys I'd do some strumming practices instead.

>moo
>pro homogays

hello newfriend

Maybe people who are bothered by homophobic lyrics listen to rappers who don't use them. That's like saying every metalhead has to literally worship satan.

95% of rap doesn't mention gay people at all, and if they do even as a faggot this doesn't faze me at all because I'm not a pussy.

What does Sup Forums mean when they spam this shitty meme?

It's hip hop.

Rap is a vocal style in many genres under different names.

You can appreciate the production yes, and the atmosphere and tone the music conveys, but you can also appreciate how well written the lyrics are even if you don't agree with them. And yes, rap has more going for it than the lyrics, just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't like it

owned! ha-ha...

>The simplistic, boring ass three bar loops? The monotonous vocals performances?
well, it's dance music. dunno about you but sometimes i could listen to a nice, simple loop for hours, like: youtube.com/watch?v=iX7OSL085Do
as for folk punk, you could "appreciate" the raw energy and angst that goes into it, i guess?

i never said you should try to blind out the lyrical content either, but your opinionated ass instead. chances are your opinions aren't worth shit in most circumstances or on most issues, anyways
do you ignore classical or traditional musics from religions other than yours, by any chance?

>do you ignore classical or traditional musics from religions other than yours, by any chance

Why would I? Why are you ignoring the part where I specifically stated the fact that rap and folk-punk have absolutely no musical qualities worth appreciating other than their "culture" and thematics? How the hell does that apply to traditional music from other regions/religious backgrounds?

it's the same thing, culture or sub-culture, except you arbitrarily chose to look down on the culture and thematics of hip hop and folk punk

Did Miles Davis sing about the virtues of beating his wife? Lots of popular rappers do.

It's not the norm that it used to be. Lil Wayne does it and gets chastised. Rick Ross had a song about drugging a girl at a bar and got chastised.

Except classical and traditional musical actually has musical qualities instead of replying on pandering to sociopolitical camp with terrible prose backed by simplistic music exercises.

fine though i don't think simplicity is a bad thing by default, through some construct of what constitutes quality music