/grimes/

Discuss the talented and lovely Canadian artist Claire Boucher (aka Grimes).

Leave your opinion on her music.
- How and when did you find out about her?
- Did you see/plan to her live?
- Who would you like to see her collab with?
- Rank/rate her albums
- Post your favorite Grimes songs

>best
>runner-up
>worst
>underrated
>overrated

New interview: likes.asos.com/50886/grimes-asos-magazine/
Read this: genius.com/Grimes-i-dont-want-to-have-to-compromise-my-morals-in-order-to-make-a-living-annotated
Video of the day: youtube.com/watch?v=du72DUh3yAg

Keep it music related, and be nice to Grimes!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W-qIkJY_5Zw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What happened to the other new good thread? Was it deleted?

A mod deleted it. Why? It's a mystery. It didn't have any bad posts.

Much better than the troll thread that just got deleted.

What are your guys opinion on the rare grimes single, Phone Sex?

What do you suppose the meaning of the song is?

2 threads deleted now, wtf, did they make montie a mod or something

so this thread is not going to be deleted

>Because if you buy into Grimes, you buy into her whole package. From the way she sounds, to the way she looks, to who she talks to, where she plays and what she releases, Grimes is CEO, creative director, music supervisor, writer, producer, performer and brand ambassador of her own career

But they also deleted my proper thread. Why they have a problem with Grimes threads? It didn't break any rules.

>- Who would you like to see her collab with?
Aphex Twin, hopefully.

>Sup Forums - Music
>more than half of thread was about cuteness of her looks

>they don't delete this thread
wew

Discussing about an artist (including his or her or their look) is still music discussion. Also posting pics is part of this board's purpose (image board).

Discussing her apperance is not a music discussion, I'm sorry

And by the way, the last proper thread was at least 1/2 fail because of shitposting. It happens.

check the rules, artist discussion is allowed

I didn't say it's not, but

It is. It's discussing the artist. Of course, there should be some balance between discussing the artist and discussing the actual music.

best musician ever?

This is moo. You can't really expect in-depth discussions when the whole point of this dump is memes and shitposting. 90% of moo is crap.

not any artist discussion is related to music, even if artist is musician, why are you so delusional?

>implying discussing her body is anything related to music
ok...

The thread is about the musician Grimes and the discussions are about her. Where's the problem?

>not any artist discussion is related to music
And who are you to establish which is which?

>The thread is about the musician Grimes and the discussions are about her. Where's the problem?
I didn't say it's not, I just said that

it's still not breaking the rules, you're implying here that we should be discussing the music because that's how Sup Forums is
literally no excuse to delete those threads

>it's still not breaking the rules
I didn't say that
>you're implying here
that's not me

Our definitions what is music discussions may vary. Let people discuss whatever they want as long they're not nasty (you know who you are).

>Our definitions what is music discussions may vary.
music discussion is only when people discuss music, isn't that obvious?

What do you think of Gloam?

youtube.com/watch?v=W-qIkJY_5Zw

it's a cute song

Yeah, and that includes the artist's life and look. Deal with it.

If you want an analogy, look at how actors (artists just like the musicians) are discussed.

its ok

Best song on Lethe. Enchanting.

Disussing artist is not always discussing artist's music. Deal with it.

I notice she has an affinity for spooky carnival type music. She has 3 or 4 songs that kind of sound like a weird carnival. What's with her carnival fetish?

discussing music includes only music discussion
discussing artist inculdes every aspect of artist's life
learn the difference

>tfw Grimes will never spit on you and beat you up

by discussing grimes' life, we are discussing the context of her music, which is very important.

>being that retarded
/grimes/ is beyond saving

The weirdo, again...

>implying you're not the actual retard
Think before posting that shit.

>implying I'm retarded
Why do you think so, user?

Why do people complain about grimes when theres like 50/50 music discussion and circlejerking pictures, when Kpop threads are all just pictures and no discussion

because nobody cares about kpop

You seem to forget that this is a thread about a specific musician, not about a song/genre/recommendation/whatever. Of course discussing her music includes discussing her life. They're strongly linked. Her life influenced her music.

>Of course discussing her music includes discussing her life
it's not the same
I'm tired of you, you're brainless, not going to reply you anymore

Because you called me "being that retarded" and you offered zero arguments why do you disagree with my views. It's not my fault you're an uncivilized moron.

I don't need arguments, you proved it by yourself

Meant to

>backpedalling
I'm also tired of you, dumbass. Discussing about music includes the author of the music. Period.

Why is /grimes/ full of retards that actually think that music discussion is the same with looks discussion? It's okay to discuss her appearence, but what's wrong with you, people?
Artist discussion =/= artist's music discussion.

It's always been full of retards actually

is it wrong to feel guilty for being attracted to her?

I can't help it. Someone who's so talented and so kind hearted is enough to make me like them, but when they are attractive like this I can't help but get flustered.

I mean artist discussion can include artist's music discussion, but not backwards.

Only if your reasons for feeling that way are unwholesome somehow - which it doesn't sound like yours are. So no - you shouldn't feel guilty at all. Awesome people are attractive by definition.

>butthurt dumbass

Look at any music forum, retard. According to your your logic it should be only discussions about the actual music (MUSIC FORUM). But guess what? People are also discussing the artists themselves. By music discussion it's implied the artist discussion too. Stop being a nitpicking autist.

>According to your your logic it should be only discussions about the actual music
>implying that's what I meant
>calling me retard and autist

if grimes haters, even the alt right ones, truly look into what she stands for and has repeatedly taken the risk to stand for, you'll understand why she is respected by non shitty people regardless of their politics and you will feel like a piece of bloody shit for having spent years of your life attacking this beautiful revolutionary leader of our generation because the media and other people who hadn't actually listened to her music or interviews lied to you about her.

You're just nitpicking words like an autist. Take a break.

In these posts I only said about difference of terms, please don't call me autist being autist

Just let it go. I'm sick of this "debate". Stay autist if that's what you like.

>Stay autist if that's what you like.
It's like you talking to yourself online or something?

what did she mean by this

You might have a problem. I replied to your dumb posts, not to myself.

>implying music duscussion is the same with other artist's shit discussion
>calling someone a retard
oh i'm laffin

It's not the same. It's included, you damn retard. When you discuss music, you discuss all its aspects, including the artists. Jesus Christ, do you need a drawing to understand?

newfags

>implying music discussion includes everything about artist
>not backwards

Yes dumbass. It works both ways. On MUSIC forums you don't discuss only music, you discuss the artists too. You insist on your autism. And you also posted your portrait to prove how dumb you are.

>being this delusional

I would be willing to accept these answers wholeheartedly if it were not for the fact that Grimes doesn't make good music

>posting fantano, his Grimes hating, Visions-basher idol
>talking about delusional

the fans who stay here and post these threads every day are the truest grimers/grimesians/plague members, spreading the faith even surrounded by constant hate. it's really beautiful to see, as a newcomer to Sup Forums drawn by your epic grimes thread the other day.

i'm moved by the positive culture of the grimesians here, and all the obscure knowledge you share, which many on reddit will never talk about or don't even know (like i learned that windom earl plays flute on majical cloudz early work and grimes was not just a guest but an official band member at one point- eight months on reddit and five years of standom never told me that).

it means so much more to be a grimes fan here than anywhere else, and claire with her love of fighters would love you Sup Forums users who keep up the fight as an oppressed minority. the grimes culture here is stronger than the grimes culture on reddit or tumblr or anywhere else, because every day you have to fight the fights again, and train your mind and body to challenge the anti grimesian forces.

when or if the wider backlash begins (momentary, and necessary as a catharsis of haters, before she can be installed as world queen) we will weather that era and triumph with the aid of you Sup Forums plague, so don't give up on your work!!

>implying he's my idol
>implying he's more than just a meme
>being even more delusional

> mfw I want Grimes to overthrow the government and reign as Empress Boucher

Tbch many of trolls don't actually hate her. They just want controversy.

>Implying that he knew that Fantano doesn't care for Grimes and didn't just get that .gif from a thread three weeks ago

STOP

Let's end this stuff, OK? It's not worth it.

I trolled a bit. Calm your tits. At least Fantano's review of Art Angels was quite positive.

Grimes is cute!

CUTE!

you people are so fucking gay.

> he loves the Grimesians of Sup Forums
> calls us plague

Top kek

gremes

> implying the rest of Sup Forums isn't just as gay

By the way, Sup Forums is actually scared of Grimes and her fans? They act like we're evil.

>revolutionary leader
her bf is a Clinton supporter

You're telling me! Us Grimes fans, amirite?

(I don't care for her or her music you mongoloid)

i like grimes but holy fucking jesus fucking shit

he gave a fairly positive review of art angels

I want to discuss the deeper meanings behind Grimes with Grimes...

Yes, because we're the most powerful collective on Sup Forums. They know that if they talk shit about Grimes we'll be there.

He's obviously trolling

Don't mind me, I'm just posting some cool snapshots.

> implying Clinton isn't going to remake America into a monarchy

That sounds pretty revolutionary to me