ITT artists whose most popular song is also their best

ITT artists whose most popular song is also their best

Pretty much all of them, some people just like to act like filthy hipsters

Mr Blue Sky

Which one, This Charming Man or How Soon Is Now? Both are acceptable answers to be honest, though I disagree

rusholme ruffians isnt their most popular song though

It's There is a Light and it Never Goes Out you fucking retard

Ride

Yeah, that's what I think's their best, though it's far from their most famous.

I see

Talking Heads

What's their most famous?
Burning Down The House?
Psycho Killer?
This Must Be The Place?
Once In A Lifetime?

It has by far the most plays on Spotify.

That surprises me. Has it been on a film or something? I'm surpised a non-single would be their best known one. I would have thought if you asked the man on the street to name a Smiths song they'd have said Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now or something

The Smiths have been around longer than Spotify, by the way. I'd say the guitar riff to This Charming Man is their most famous and recognizable one, especially for those who grew up around their prime.

How Soon Is Now is definitely their most widely known song

It has the most plays on Spotify and the most clicks on Youtube, maybe the song is more popular with a younger audience.

I wasn't alive in the 80s, so I can't really say what their most popular song was when they were still active.

This also begs the question, how do you judge what song is the most popular? Based on the time it came out, or based on the present?

i believe this is only true for Americans

>tfw you realise the american general public is more patrician than the british general public

im pretty sure everyone is technically a dumbass with shit taste so who cares

>this must be the place
Holy shit does that actually get airplay, cause I've never heard it on the radio

Objectively wrong because This Charming Man isn't even the best on that record

Leave them all behind though

How Soon Is Now is far far from their best

>The Smiths
>best song

I prefer Turn to Stone

I'd love to be that hipster who says Lodger was David's best, but Ziggy is the best no matter how you slice it.

Radiohead (creep)

His best is Cracked Actor or Modern Love, though.