back to ktt

hey guys frank here

dubs and I'll release the album ;^)

I DON'T KNOW BUT ALL I KNOW IS THAT I CAN'T BE MORE ERECT THAN I ALREADY AM

dubs and you never release the album

It was never about Frank...

any of y'all niggas catch the live stream? its one now

it's just an album frank.
release the damned thing and be done with it.

if repeating digits he dies in a tragic car accident tomorrow

its a visual album senpai
he really fucked us over

If dubs I'm the one dying today **1am here**

This

Does anyone have a download link for the audio? Please tell me someone recorded it.

>a few days ago Apple employees say it will be released in the next 48 - 72 hours
>it's been more than 4 days
>Frank producer saying art can't be rushed

Yeah I get that rushing an album isn't cool but obviously the album is fucking finished and ready, so why the delays? I doubt he's doing finishing touches when it's so close to release.

Who's gonna rip it for people who don't have apple music?

bumping for the rip

wtf i hate frank now

For real

can someone please just say exactly what this is cause i don't have apple music so can't watch it and im in full panic attack mode

im in the same boat. how has nobody leaked the stream video yet, apple music cucks are the worst

it's a visual album for what seems like may be a side project?

you're missing out on the cultural happening of all times

i cant work out either, from peoples twitter comments it sounds like a visual album/longform video but no-one sounds exactly excited about it so its either not got full songs on it or the album is shit

and people are talking about the album coming later, so i cant work out if they mean this isnt the full music or they just mean the physical cd etc. is coming later

why do you say side project?
surely this is just the thing he's been working on but renamed?
or is it not full songs or something?

endless is a different project
boys dont cry is coming later

he literally has on his website "I got two versions"

ok, is there any meaning to you saying that or is it just pure speculation?

i cant even get on the thing so i dont know what people are even listening to but why is it not just a normal frank ocean studio album? are the songs shit or something?

Much later now. He's going to just sit back on his ass for a few more months since he's delivered something now.

Almost through my first listen. There are some incredible tracks (the opener is probably the best thing he's ever done), but overall I get the feeling that this is not the album.

I think he'll release Boys Don't Cry in a couple of hours or days.

This visual album is definitely not as good as Channel Orange. Also there's tonnes of James Blake on here and what sounds like a lot of James Blake production.

both rolling stone and pitchfork confirmed that it's a separate project and BDC is set to release this weekend

HIT ME WITH THE ZIP

why do you not think its the album? can u describe more what it actually is? like is it mostly instrumentals or something?

the way people are describing it makes it sound like a total non-event

Just to clarify, if these are the left overs from BDC then holy fuck the album is going to be 10/10.

We've heard "confirmed to be release in X' a lot so don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

[spoiler]it won't[/spoiler]

maybe it's b sides or something, Frank's rep told pitchfork that we can expect more from frank this weekend

rollan

ok just read the article

“keep an eye out this weekend for more from Frank.”

ok good. im going back to sleep now since i cant find a way to watch the thing

zip me pls

It's a mini-album, small collection of songs or something. We know Boys Don't Cry is coming and this is not called Boys Don't Cry. And his rep said to expect more news from Frank this weekend.

only speculation is the release date of boys don't cry
endless has frank rapping over 808's but also some songs are influenced by james blake and radiohead.
but none of the tracks feel "finished"

soundcloud.com/theleaksp/frank-ocean-endless-boys-dont-cry-full-album

thank me later bois

i saw a screenshot saying its 45min long though? why is that a mini-album?

Where's my fucking link, Sup Forums?

you dumb? that's the audio from the stream

-_________-

ok thanks. could the unfinishedness not just mean frank forgot how to write songs though? or its a new direction no-one cares about?

The tracks on 'Endless' can more or less be split into to catagories: huge drumless ballads and trappy hip-hop tracks.

The drumless tracks are fucking incredible and imo blows anything on Channel Orange out of the water.

The trappy songs are a bit generic and ultimately disappointing on first listen. They have song cool production courtesy of (i think) james blake.

Well it's not Boys Don't Cry. You know what I mean.Technically it's a visual album. That's all. And it's a surprise. We still have BDC coming.

*some

bloody autocorrect

>visual album
>soundcloud
kek

>you are posting with people that actually liked Channel Orange

I was impressed with the drumless tracks.
the hip hop tracks were pretty bad but maybe he wanted to have his take on the current trap sound.

also listening, some of the trappy songs are pretty good at the end. the track that has jonny greenwood and james blake was a pretty big letdown imo

the visuals are literally just frank and two other guys in that studio making a stair case (just like the live stream).

Really doesn't add much to the listening experience.

God fucking dammit I wanted to go jog at 1AM while listening to this album but fucking no it has to be this visual shit and now I don't even feel like going outside because I might miss the fucking mega link holy shit
I feel like I've been trolled by every artistic medium I enjoy today

how do you know jonny greenwood was on there?

here's the tracklist for endless

ok

channel orange is p much in my top 10 soul albums of the new decade (like, d'angelo erykah tier) because it really feels so good at pulling together his marvin/stevie/aaliyah influence and actually tapping into the mood of the time. it really reminds me every time i listen to it of when it felt like there was a new consensus of youth culture, same way i used to care about drake and kanye - it felt really successful and effortless at pulling together different communities of hip-hop and indie and actually making it sound cohesive and organic and expressive. it felt really healthy at the time in a social sense and really made me feel good about the general music community

i feel like there kind of is no cultural consensus in 2016 though. youth culture or otherwise. everything feels like a bit of a mess, and more alienated, more detached, more self-aware than even 2011-2013. there are healthy music scenes but i dont think he could pull off the same trick now. i dont know what a 2016 frank album could sound like that tapped into the mood of the times cos there kind of isnt one

yeah it feels like the whole visual album thing was trying to cash in on beyonce hype. its pretty dumb, nothing really lines up until the end when he climbs the stairs and it gets quicker and has no more bare tracks.

for the majority of the video you could put any song and it wouldnt affect the visual, if that makes sense

link you assholes

tracklist and credits are at the end of the video

jesus, commes des garcons, really? i havent listened yet but i think i kind of hate the aesthetic of the visual album from the screencaps. just feels totally expressive of nothing. hopefully fashion culture hasnt ate franks soul

nobody cares hit us with the fucking link you shill

tracks go from l-r, top to bottom

HOLY FUCK THE LAST TRACK IS LIKE SOME FUCKED UP KRAFTWERK HOUSE BANGER WITH SOME CRAZY BRITISH GUY TALKING THROUGH THE WHOLE THING.

my sides are in orbit

is anyone going to upload this shit

This all sounds a bit moby. Pretty anticlimactic. Hope its not shit :/

lmao you cant watch it without apple music even with link im not ripping and uploading this shit for you just get the free trial and cancel it when youre done

nobody has the album m8

The last song is honestly the banger of the century

the soundcloud link is busted you guys

>6857 ▶
>is anyone going to upload this shit
>6857 ▶
>6857 ▶
>6857 ▶
>6857 ▶

i literally dont even know what apple music is

if I knew how to rip from apple music
nothing solid on google desu

WHERES IS THE DL LINK OF THE STREAM

some songs here.... yazfiles.com/index.php?a=explore

Link someone please

at least it's coming soon i guess

presumably

This is definitely the record. It has a packed list of contributors.

James Blake (already previously confirmed to be on it)
Jonny Greenwood doing string orchestration
Arca
Sampha
Produced and mastered by Mike Dead

Just off the top of my head. The stream was only looped samples of some of the tracks.

But he didn't get Radiohead's guitarist to do strings for a side project, like, this is definitely it

LIVE STREAM YOUR LIFE

>i dont know what a 2016 frank album could sound like that tapped into the mood of the times cos there kind of isnt one
I kind of agree, but I do feel like anti and lemonade and life of pablo feel culturally relevant. They all have different ideas of what 2016 sounds like , but i feel like they all make sense

Literally it could not be more the opposite

Verbatim from Pitchfork:
>What happened to Ocean’s Boys Don’t Cry and its corresponding zine remain to be seen.

This is the album lmao

its called capturing the video via streaming or fraps or something similar and uploading it to mega you fucking moron. this apple music bullshit is dumb

Frank Ocean may have just released a new visual album, Endless, but the singer is showing no signs of slowing down. According to Rolling Stone, the new album is a completely different release from the previously announced Boys Don‘t Cry—they also report that Apple will release Boys Don’t Cry “this weekend.” An Apple representative told Pitchfork to “keep an eye out this weekend for more Frank.”

yeah nah man

whats with the "more to come" thing then from his spokesman?

Sounds like people are really bored or uninterested by the stream

HE LITERALLY HAS ON HIS WEBSITE
I HAVE TWO VERSIONS

You missed the follow up "Expect more music from Frank this weekend" part.

Go on, reread the article. I'll wait.

brian wilson of our generation happened

I don't trust Pitchfork or Rolling Stone

thx man

SHARE IT YOU DICKASS

End your life. You don't know shit about music.

>Rolling Stone has confirmed that Endless is a different project from Boys Don't Cry, the singer's highly-anticipated follow-up to 2012's Channel Orange. Apple will release that album this weekend.

fuck i love you baby

he posted that a year ago and it could've meant anything, I assumed it was referring to a song lyric or his magazine at the time

I wanna hear the thing but its kind of sad everyone seems so blasé about it after all the hype and love

It does not say "more music." It says "expect more." I.e. The Apple Store exclusive magazine.

You are fucking desperate dude and it's pathetic.

im not staying up 45 minutes to record it then uploading 45 minutes of video when its 2am

stop being a cheap motherfucker and shell out the 10$ if you care so much, or just get the trial shit its not difficult unless youre too dense to download itunes

i agree its fucking dumb though

boysdontcry.co/

m8 he would have deleted it off the website if that wasn't true

Where is Arca listed?

This.

Frank Ocean fanboys are, apparently, fucking insane.

mine, 4th track