Let's talk about this album

Overrated. I mean I understand its influence, but I don't enjoy listening to it that much. I prefer their s/t

s/t > London Calling > Combat Rock

>he hasn't heard sandinista

y'all niggas gay

Sandinista is my fav clash album. It has 3 tracks id take off but otherwise its a great front to back listen

which tracks?

quite literally the best dad-punk/rock album

anyone who tells you otherwise is a contrarian tool

Off the top of my head only mensforth hill and that child cover of career opportunities

My favorite song off it is The Card Cheat.

Really dynamic album that showcased the artists interests in a wide range of genres, and their ability to be original within their multitudes

It's shit except for maybe like 2 songs

Can Rudie fail?

really good album that manages to be incredibly boring to listen to

no.

Why is it good if it's boring to listen to?

They should've broken up after Give 'em Enough Rope.

Absolute masterpiece, literally a top 10 and possibly even top 5 album of all time for me. It was also the first album I ever got (no I'm not a granddad, my dad is a Clash fan and gave it to me).

It's impossible for me to pick the best track from it but my favourites include Rudie Can't Fail, The Guns of Brixton, Spanish Bombs, Train in Vain and the title track.

it's so fucking boring. Combat Rock is way better

Definitely on top 10 of all albums

quite probably one of the worst albums to be associated with punk rock ever.

you are the scum of the earth.

Horribly boring. One of the least stimulating "classics" I've ever wasted my time listening to

The mistake is associating it with punk in the first place. It's a dadrock album, though a very good one.

great album

fantastic album, near perfect all the way through.
incredible guitar and bass too

I still wonder why this album isn tagged as essential punk

because it isn't punk

Best album in 2 decades

*is

exactly
it's just a mix of various generes but not punk

hateful > rudie can't fail > spanish bombs is probably my favourite 3 song sequence ever

Combat rock is much more middle of the road than this

Give Em Enough Rope is the only good Clash album.

Add Silicone on Sapphire and you're set to go.

Holy fuck, it's good. I listened to it when I was in high school and didn't get it. Gave it a relisten on a whim in my sophomore year of college and I give it a front to back listen at least once a month to this day. I legitimately do not understand how someone can't like this album.

This one thousand times over. I could listen to this sequence on loop for hours and never get tired of it.

Great taste senpai, Saludo.

For me it starts bad but from the middle to end is perfect.
Question, Can someone from this age actually understand the meaning of the lyrical point of this album?