Quick question about English grammar:

Quick question about English grammar:

is it " For those WHO served" or "For those THAT served"?

both are correct

who works better but that is fine as well

no offence, but I'd like it from a native English speaker

Both work. I would use one over the other depending on context. Also
>USA
>Asking about English

there is a slight difference in meaning but they are both grammatically correct

Actual fucking major in english literature and orthography here

NO, both are NOT correct you drooling fucking monkeys, "who" is the correct term

>grammatically
Dumb fuck

I'm pretty sure anyone would get what they're saying. Even I couldn't say if there is a difference in the meaning

I mean, it's unlikely they're writing some paper where is actually matters. That works just fine.

that is actually not right

>Anglo natives
>in charge of their own language

literally who cares? this isn't cut and dry like should of and should have where anyone who uses the former has certified autism, if someone said 'that serve' in a sentence I wouldn't bat an eyelid and nobody else would either

That as in my statement or "that" as in the OP?

its "for those whom serving was conducted", if you want to get technical

doesn't make much sense though

whom is a latent genitive marker

both

that in op is not right
it's one of those things that doesn't both people doesn't mean it isn't wrong

fuck not genitive

accusative obviously, slavshit languages tend to mix them up a lot

For the people, those of whom have committed the act of serving

whom is used when reffering to a person who did something at a time not in the present or future. i've been an english professor for 3 years, i know of what i speak, thank you.

>it's one of those things that doesn't both people doesn't mean it isn't wrong

>professor

this is how I know you've never taught anybody

in reference to those, whom having served

Listen here you fucking apes, I invented the english language and both are correct

dear sir, i assure you that tis i whom is professing english, and that i continue to do and have for up to and including my 3 years that last passed me.

Regarding those which have served

actually the correct way to say it is "oh god oh god i'm so retarded oh god oh god"

>everything in that post
>the word professor is what he latches on too
you're retarded, thats how the word is used.

I imply upon thee, that thine testimony is perhaps utterly and completely ludicrous

those who*

i infer from your implication that you think me a liar, but i assure you this is untrue.

Having relation to fellows, they having done acts deemed to acted upon the behalf of others

I sense you wish to persuade me to believe your words to be ones of truth, however I must reveal that I find no premise presented in such a way to act in benefit of such persuasion, and so I must, in acting reasonably as one should always strive to do, reject such claims to the contrary of those incurrent possess regarding the matter

>mfw americans dont speak their own language

> for those who
Is correct.

'Whom' is used only in oblique, non-nominative cases.

Use 'who/whom' for antecedents who are people. Use 'that/which' for inanimate antecedents.

> thine testimony
* thy testimony

'Thine' is used before vowels or as a predicate.

Fuck me. I dont understand fuck all you guys are saying

I had an English teacher 'who' would mark it as a mistake which was really confusing.