ITT: Albums that are universally loved by Sup Forums

ITT: Albums that are universally loved by Sup Forums

>Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JPJtsI74xow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

thats actually probably the only album

Pretty much any of the first four pavement albums. Pavement are probs the only band with little to no hate

Wait I thought Sup Forums hated this album

>tfw never listened to interpol and downloaded their discography yesterday
Same with Modest Mouse too.

Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, and Future Days
People will argue over which ones the best of the trilogy but I've never seen anyone hate on them

Oh boy, you're in for a treat

I know. I still haven't listened to a shit load of Sup Forumscore stuff and I've been here for a couple of years. I haven't listened to Pavement either and I have all of their music too.

I actually listened to this for the first time recently

Did not like it

this

/moo/ tricked me yet again
pic related is good tho

forgot to add pic

ur dumb ol brain tricked ya

Haven't seen any legitimate hate for this one, and righly so

Yeah it's hated by a lot of the post punk snobs unfortunately, but regardless most people really seem to adore TOTBL, myself included.

shit
not real
havent heard
good one :)

i forgot i had this on wax so i put on and my girlfriend got angry that it sounded so monotonous. but she ain't Sup Forums so

I fucking hate this unoriginal shit album. The only ones who could possibly like it are kids who have no idea about the bands it's ripping off.

I don't really get the hype for this. It's fine and all but people really go crazy over it.

one of Christgau's best review:

Turn On the Bright Lights [Matador, 2002]
They bitch because everybody compares them to Joy Division, and they're right. It's way too kind, and I say that as someone who thanks Ian Curtis for making New Order possible. Joy Division struggled against depression rather than flaunting it, much less wearing it like a designer suit. What's truly depressing is that, just as the hairy behemoths of the grunge generation looked back to the AOR metal they immersed in as teens, these fops tweak the nostalgia of young adults who cherish indistinct memories of much worse bands than Joy Division, every one of them English--Bauhaus, Ultravox, Visage, Spandau Ballet, Tears for Fears. At a critical moment in consciousness they exemplify and counsel disengagement, self-seeking, a luxurious cynicism. Says certified British subject Peter Banks: "Emotions are standard and boring. I'd like to find another way to live." That's thinking either big or very small. C+

It'll grow on you. I wasn't a fan of this album until my 4th listen through it. The lyrics, the sound everything just clicked.

His best and least divisive. Seems to make almost everyone's top 5 Bowie albums on here, whereas some people snub Ziggy or Low.

>this thread

lol

>Psssh… Nothin Personnel… Kid

I've got reservations

Nah mate. Everyone here knows it's basically an amalgamation of Joy Division, The Chameleons and The Sound with Indie elements, but it's still a great album.

I usually never any hate for Deathconsciousness.

you're kidding right?

No, guess I need lurk more often.

ugh. Interpol is the epitome of boring.

Begin Modest Mouse's discography with Lonesome Crowded West, if you don't like that go onto Good News. For Interpol, listen to Turn On The Bright Lights

that album is overrated shit. first 3 songs are great but the rest are really boring

Pavement are the best band of the 90s imho. Apart from their last album which is OK literally everything else is fucking great. If you liked their big singles start off with crooked rain then go to brighten the corners otherwise go to slanted

Yep

This and Paranoid.

>turny

lol

these

>no Monster Movie

I hate Yes

I have never heard anyone shit talking this album. I hope it stays only sub - Sup Forums core so it doesn't memed to death.

Never saw anyone shit-talking this.

All correct.

I don't like it as much as his more popular ones (ziggy and hunky dory)

you need to kill yourself then

The perfect time to experience this album is when you're standing waiting for your school bus while your crush is standing 3 feet away from you and the music makes you go talk to her and you two hit it off and start dating in the summer.

People talk about how "boring" it is

Yes is snooty pretentious trash

Did this happen to you user? it sounds like you are speaking out of experience.

That sounds really gay, user. But we all have our own music experience.

easy

i agree this is either posted and gets no love or one person responds and says they love it.

Correct

Too bad Interpol is whiny self-pitying depression-fetishizing garbage
That shit probably fucks up your mind.
Do you cry yourself, to sleep, little bitch?

I've never seen anyone on Sup Forums say a bad thing about this album.

youtube.com/watch?v=JPJtsI74xow

I hate all the albums ITT except Remain in Light AMA

Maybe try being less edgy?

Why do you hate everything except the worst Sup Forumscore album

forgot pic

It's shit

Kill yourself my man

Because I have taste
If you want a serious answer, here it is because I have nothing better to do
70s/80s postpunk worship and the worst kind of self-pity and whininess
It was cool when JD did it, but depression isn't a fashion accessory
obvious and boring "muh ironic postmodern capitalistic alienation commentary"
Funk in 2016 is boring
I'd rather listen to non-indie funk that has actual personality
Just boring and uninteresting, his lyricism is that of yet another contrived-poetic "singer-songwriter"
just boring and generic-feeling buttindie with electronics so it's le experimental
Sounds like something my mom would listen to
In which David Bowie pretends and fails to be black and to be able to convey any emotion that isn't overblown grandiosity
yawn, unoriginal shit
Snooty, pretentious, a slog to get through, obnoxious, and wanky, the worst of all the post-hippie bands
Boring, not fun to listen to, awful counterculture lyrics. Honestly just rock and roll slowed down for idiot druggies
Wanky and unemotional.
Slowcore is Muzak for kids who are too young to know what Muzak is
Generic indieshit
Aural wallpaper
Hey guys it's soulless wanky faux-classical rock aren't we so intellectual
Boring art rock with cliche muh alienation lyrics
This is actually kind of decent
Boring and obnoxious. Moondance is better.
I couldn't get through this all the way

How small is your dick? you sound like a wannabe alpha

Get on Pavement ASAP my man

>shitting on Cohen and Astral Weeks

an hero

I hate to be that guy, but i legit do not see the appeal of this album.

Interpol is easily in my favorite bands but it does suck that their first album is also their best. We dont talk about the self titled one.

You suck dude

Oh ok I'll change my interests

(You)

What version of that album are you even supposed to listen to?

There's like three different ones

never have i ever wanted an user to die before

Best to hear official 2011 release first to enjoy it as it was release. Then hear Antics. Then come back to TOTBL Anniversary edition to hear the B-sides and demos of some songs off antics and other unreleased.

2001 release my b.

thank

do you even like music

TOTBL is whiny nu-male garbage
SHE CAN READ SHE CAN READ SHES BAAAAAAAAD
why do u faggots listen to this crap is beyond me

I just think it's okay

nothing special basically joy division for millennials

Fuck you

no one can hate this album

man i really hope you're just being a contrarian baiting for replies because if you really hate all those albums i genuinely feel bad for you

Closer tbqh

this is shitty
nice meme
insanely overrated

>Elevator music

lmao jk I like this album

wew lad

Music isn't for you.

I HATE IT