Albums you first listened to because of the cover art

Pic related and An Empty Bliss Beyond This World. There's something about their covers that I love. They have this weird, dark, eerie vibe. I listened to them with no knowledge of the music, only their covers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XmMyx2_4STg?t=3m25s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this is undeniably the most roger dean roger dean. album was shit btw

This cover is really beautiful

youtu.be/XmMyx2_4STg?t=3m25s

the album is really beautiful

>those grand, orchestral organ sounds followed by the lilting piano notes on chrome country

Saw this album cover posted in a random thread 4 years ago. Slowcore is one of my favorite genre's now.

psychedelic rock = Mandatory good cover art or I wont bother listening to it (unless it was recommended to me) .

Album art and because they're also from New Jersey

>stayed for the opening track
left because the rest of the album has shitty vocals that ruin it for me. Kinda like when kim sings on a sonic youth song.

genres*

this was crazy

Cover is so much better than the album.

OHHHHH yeeeee bruv

I listened to it after really enjoying their EP Ritual Spirit, but was disappointed

This for sure

Eh pretty much this to a degree. i think someone said it's sad or depressing or whatever. Downloaded and it stayed their for years. One day decide to listen to it. Damn 10/10. I guess it's pretty lucky since you can't ask for a better introduction to Slowcore/RHP/Kozlek.

same

I cant look at that art anymore because it reminds me of papa roach

it reminded me of Kavinsky, i liked it at first but after a while it all just sounds the same

Kek but I did the same

I mainly lurk and haven't been for a long time really but what is it?

R plus Seven?

These are in my backlog because of the album cover.

Bought this because of the art, no regrets

listen to it. the entire album is like some sort of post-earthly digital ascension of human consciousness. it's unbelievable

How about albums you didn't listen to/put off listening to because of the cover?

On the other hand, I will automatically dismiss anything if it has anime on the cover

I'll admit I have never heard anything by Zappa for this reason

I'm glad I did

You're not missing out. It's really bad.