Hey you. Yeah you! You, reading this. You don't like Green Day because they are popular...

Hey you. Yeah you! You, reading this. You don't like Green Day because they are popular. Not because they are selling pop punk with a punk image, not because they decided to make a few pop rock records, not because they aren't "deaf gripz radioheadz pachrisian muh god-tier taste". It's just because they're popular.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ahSSj2mYNG8
youtube.com/watch?v=LDPwpAs9LSA
youtube.com/watch?v=62_F1zjsg58
youtube.com/watch?v=hg97ZJDOGSg
youtube.com/watch?v=tgp59BvWcPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qM34hG421ks
youtube.com/watch?v=jRu0O1J3Y4s
youtube.com/watch?v=aBcaga6M7pA
youtube.com/watch?v=gEVi0IxC0yM
youtube.com/watch?v=tJE-fs6HjAI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Question: Are punks the most narrow and insecure music fans?

yea they are almost as bad if not worse than rockists

Bang Bang wasn't as bad as it could've been desu

GD isn't punk. It's pop punk silly

I have no opinion on Green Day
also
>punk image

Which is a subgenre of punk

Black metal fans are worse I think. Sunbather's release was fucking hilarious.

That's what hardcore punks say. Henry Rollins would never do what they did!

For some reason punk purists say that Green Day isn't punk, but they are pop punk. I never agreed with it, but apparently that's how it be.

You cannot be pop punk and punk. Once you go pop that is it you are not punk

Have your (You) OP

Then you have never listened to any real punk outside of your blink 182 and green day

Real punk music conveys feelings and lyrics that could never me accepted by the mainstream

green day fan here. theyre not punk and everything after 21st century breakdown has been garbage and the new album is going to be garbage too

Hey hey, I'm a Rollins fearing man just like you. I just don't understand why Green Day should be disregarded in the punk world, or other mainstream 90's pop punk.

Because they're not punk. If you listened to real hardcore punk you would see the contrast. Never have I seen a more punchable band than them in my opinion

I understand that they are pop punk, yeah. Do you like them because they are commercial, because they used a punk image, because they just blow, or what?

*not like them

I don't like Green Day because I don't like their music much at all desu senpai

Also DG and post-In Rainbows Radiohead are absolutely shit and anyone that implies otherwise is a memer

I dislike greenday because I feel they tried to profit of the punk image without actually feeling it. I don't think they're hardcore enough, other hardcore punk bands talk about destruction, rape and junkies and all that unpopular stuff. To me I feel they are ingenuine

See, I never quite got this. For one they never were just like "Oh yeah, we're punk". But besides that, they play their music with a punk DIY mentality, which gives the punk image. Plenty of other bands did it early in their career, in other genres completely separate from punk. Bands like Smashing Pumpkins or Death Grips. They aren't punk, but they have that DIY punk mentality that gives character to their image. They aren't disregarded for not being punk. Why is Green Day different?

I don't now why Green Day are considered pop punk. Nothing about them sounds anything like even more garbage tier bands like "All Time Low" or "Blink 182".

Because they try to portray a troubled image and also try to portray themselves as punk.

explain troubled image?

In reality most don't know the punk and grunge movement has strong ties to homosexuality. Looking grunge is essentially looking like a homosexual prostitute

They are not how they portray themselves to be

So, in all, punk image has nothing to do with economic class or rebellion?

Being punk is about being true to yourself and rebeling they (greenday) portray an image that's not them.

Or whatever in just don't like them. Heard them when i was 13 I heard American idiot and a few other singles like boulevard of broken dreams.

They worked a long time playing at Gilman and other clubs. People saying they have an 'image' that isn't them, I dunno what the 'real' them that you're thinking of is. A very large percentage of their songs are personal to Billie, and I unironically think he's one of the best lyricists currently active:
youtube.com/watch?v=ahSSj2mYNG8
youtube.com/watch?v=LDPwpAs9LSA
youtube.com/watch?v=62_F1zjsg58
youtube.com/watch?v=hg97ZJDOGSg

They might not be hardcore punk, but they are punk rock:
youtube.com/watch?v=tgp59BvWcPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=qM34hG421ks
youtube.com/watch?v=jRu0O1J3Y4s
youtube.com/watch?v=aBcaga6M7pA

Sorry for the big dump. Punk elitism really shits me.

actually i only hate green day because they remind me of middle school too much.

I don't like Green Day because they suck. If i want to listen to pop punk, i listen to the Husker Du later albums.

youtube.com/watch?v=gEVi0IxC0yM

Uh no, it's literally because they make garbage music and literally always have made garbage music.

I don't give a shit about any of the words that you said.

>I unironically think he's one of the best lyricists currently active

I would suggest not being 14 years old, for starters

39/smooth and Kerplunk are kick-ass pop punk.

Dookie is a good little pop punk record not that great but for what it's worth it's not bad.

Insomniac has it's moments.

Nimrod has it's moments though its mostly filler.

Really don't need to continue from there nothing gets better than these records even American Idiot is shit it has 3-4 good songs all I can remember is Jesus of Suburbia and Homecoming kicking ass and that's it.

New album will suck. BANG BANG sucked and is gimmicky as fuck but parts of it are kinda cool if they strip away everything and go back to making loose and raw pop punk I'd be down for it.

Have you listened to their non-singles? I think you'll be surprised senpai

continued from here, this is their best song and they will never top it. That's all.

youtube.com/watch?v=tJE-fs6HjAI

where my 1996ers who grew up on American Idiot at

hilariously bad is what it was
and the main issue with black metal fans, at least today, is their atrocious taste 99% of the time