Is there actually any good post punk outside of pic related?

Is there actually any good post punk outside of pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iPyT_v6j8Cg
youtube.com/watch?v=oMwBGTxNdig
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

television
pere ubu
the durutti column

Is Television post punk? Cuz I love Marquee Moon

Pere Ubu is horrible though

well its a hard term to apply, but pretty much i think most people agree Television is post punk. And no, Pere Ubu is not horrible.

I don't know, I find their music to be incredibly uninteresting, the vocalist sounds horrible, the music itself is a bit.. eh.

Speaking of vocals, I got to see The Pop Group last year, and Mark Stewart's voice is still the same as it was in 1979, pretty amazing. He's just fat and older now.

PIL and gang of four desu

and this heat if you consider them post-punk

i'm wholly convinced mark stewart is not from this planet

Yeah, I agree. Definitely one of the best vocalists.

felt kinda the same way, listened to a couple of their albums and the vocals rubbed me the wrong way. thinking of giving them another shot though

Wires first albums are god tier senpai. Chairs missing especially

I'll try those then

Sure, maybe I should try it too

Whoa you're right, Pink Flag is pretty awesome so far

relistening to pere ubu's the modern dance. vocals are still as annoying as i remember; acquired taste or simply not for everyone?

It's art-rock, anyone who says otherwise is pleb.
>litterally forgetting le sleep sleep go to sleep men

gang of four's entertainment!

Mission of Burma is pretty tight

This Heat

what everybody else is saying plus siouxsie and the banshees, the fall, and early chumbawamba

everybody calls the proletariat hardcore, but afaic they're pretty much an american gang of four

154 is also pretty good IMO.

I know it's pretty obvi but where is Joy Division ITT. Does Sup Forums just hate them and ignores them or have you forgot? I love them.

Tired of rec'ing Orange Juice in this fucking board.

This

easily the greatest post punk album

Rip it up!

the real answer

Acquired taste, listen to Dub Housing though, it has a sense of humor and the tracks are actually catchy

P Y L O N
Y
L
O
N

green day and blink 182. Maybe sum 41 too.

The Slits

The Wipers, Bauhaus, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, This Heat, The Birthday Party, Pere Ubu, The Chameleons, Joy Division, The Cure, Dead Can Dance, Positive Noise, The Fall, Gang of Four, The Monochrome Set, Asylum Party, Twisted Nerve, My Dad Is Dead, Scars, Echo and the Bunnymen, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Have a Nice Life, The Soft Moon, Minutemen, 1919, Interpol. Post punk is such a broad genre, you're not doing yourself any favours depriving yourself of it for the sake of having have an unconventional opinion

Joy Division - UNkown Pleasure (1978)

>Pere Ubu is horrible
do you literally hate fun

youtube.com/watch?v=iPyT_v6j8Cg

yes there is

They're post punk for people who don't like post punk, similar to the way Run The Jewels is hip hop for people who don't like hip hop.

Apart from their S/T being better and M.A.S.S - Labour of Love, I agree

Mark Stewart's solo shit is just as good.

tuxedomoon

>post-Punk

I only listen to preteen-hardcore-punk

there I said it

PiL
Tuxedomoon
Grazhdanskya Oborona
CCCP Fedeli alla Linea
Devo
Dobri Isak
Pere Ubu
Petlya Nesterova
Tsyganyata i Ya s Ilyicha

What the fuck do you mean by this you former tripfag?

what

youtube.com/watch?v=oMwBGTxNdig

Sorry to hear about your dad man.

good to know

Like you said, it's a broad genre. That doesn't mean you have to listen to everything under that label.

i think he mistook you for Talking Cat Bob

also check pic related out op. onoffon is pretty cool as well if you're a fan of shellac.