What's wrong with this album?

What's wrong with this album?

Why does Sup Forums hate Coldplay in general?

Personally, I think Parachutes and X&Y are pretty good. Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends is an imperfect masterpiece imho. Don't care much for anything after it, though.

I can't listen to them because they're my moms favorite band and plays them constantly

This was the beginning of their fall. Still has some good tracks tho.
A rush of blood to the head is their most patrician album, X&Y their overall best

Violet hill is a good song

Because they got more mainstream recognition than Radiohead. Considering the internet's general boner for Radiohead, if Coldplay was a bit less popular they would love them.

everytime i see this album posted people say its actually a good coldplay album

I disagree about A Rush of Blood to the Head. I love The Scientist, Clocks, and the titular song, but the rest of the album is pretty meh for me. More downsides than upsides.

How do you guys feel about Mylo Xyloto? Ghost Stories? A Head Full of Dreams?

Green eyes and politik are my actual favorites from AEOBTTH

How does that work? How is A Rush of Blood to the Head their most patrician album, but X&Y is their best one?

absolute shit

I'd say X&Y was the beginning of their fall- and it was a rapid one, since X&Y's really pretty bad.

is actually a big improvement.

shit, shit and shit

Hurts like Heaven (and Mylo Xyloto leading up to it) is really good. The rest of the album is *raspberry*

Ghost Stories is a yawn.

I actually quite like Army Of One, but the rest is shit like Ghost Stories.

They're not very good

Parachutes - 5/10, inoffensive, I guess, but super generic and forgettable
Rush of Blood - 7/10, a surprising sophomore effort. Better than parachutes in just about every way, and actually has songs that I will legitimately never forget. I love Warning Sign.
X&Y - 5/10. Parachutes, but with fancy production. Just totally fucking bland.
Viva la Vida - 8/10, legitimately have no clue how they pulled this off. The best mainstream pop album released since 2000. Great production, their best songwriting, all around just awesome.
Mylo Xyloto - 4/10, a sickly sweet record with like two alright songs and a whole lot of grating ones.
Ghost Stories - yikes/10. Really really really fucking bad.
A head full of dreams - didn't listen/10. don't plan on it ever.

Head full of dreams is an improvement from ghost stories, but otherwise you're not really missing anything

I'm curious as to what specifically you guys don't like about their last three albums. Not that I disagree, just that I wish people would elaborate more as to why.

Because they're phonies who ripped off Joe Satriani for their biggest hit.

>legitimately have no clue how they pulled this off.

This. Everything except VLV and Rush of Blood suck, but I also think VLV is bland too.

>MX
Boring ass shit. It felt like Coldplay is obliged to make happy, fun, pop album that ended up to be overly produced with weak songwriting.
>GS
"sad" album with weak writing and unevenly sterile. As much as I hate to say this, Radiohead did it better with Moon
>Dreams
Mylo Xyloto 2.0

A Rush of Blood is very good imo

THIS. my nigga,

Good to hear, checked out that one big single and it was definitely a little livelier than what's on ghost stories, but equally obnoxious
I mean their track record wasn't great before then, but they went from VLV which was a decidedly mature effort from them, and just totally regressed into complacency with just being popular. VLV felt like a record with a purpose, to show artistic growth, whereas everything after felt like products. I know I'm not doing a great job here, but i tried.
Yeah, actually I guess I do know how they pulled it off. Jon Hopkins definitely helped as well.

Seems fair for the ones I've heard. Parachutes does have Spies though.

*they would love this album
but yes

He also worked on Mylo Xyloto and it's the worst shit ever

all shit

>The best mainstream pop album released since 2000
I'm curious as to which album from 2000 (that was the best before Viva) you are referring.

No one album in particular, I just think that the explosion in Internet accessibility around 2000 has resulted in a clear divide between pre and post 2000 radio pop. We inherently hold music to a higher standard now because we can listen to just about anything we want instantly. As such, the kind of mainstream pop/rock you hear on the radio in the new millennium is just generally more revolting than it used to be. There's pretty much no reason to ever listen to it. Thats why I think Viva la Vida is so impressive, it's more ambitious and as such it feels like a more classic pop album.