Zeuhl

Best Zeuhl albums?

this shit is so randum XD

Stop being a fucking pleb, just because you personally don't find the appeal doesn't mean it's "le randum"

randum more like ranDUMB hahahaha lol get it hahaaa

Stop bulling me :^(

it's literally avant-prog system of a down

What does that even mean

This album is the epitome of why Sup Forums sometimes sucks. It only seems to be interesting from a surface level, but damn is it repetitive and boring as fuck once the "oh wow so whacky and cool" factor wears off. Which is really in the first few minutes.

Can't you deconstruct any genre to sound boring like that? Space rock is boring once the "oh wow so spacey and out there" factor wears off. If you don't like the genre, you just don't like it.

Nah, good space rock has a lot of developments happen throughout the track so it doesn't get boring and repetitive. Unlike this album where not only does it have too many parts where every instruments/vocals are playing the same damn thing not allowing for variety, it also doesn't achieve anything from a harmonic or textural perspective while each part is repeated for like almost but not 2 minutes. Imagine a pop song where it plays the exact same hook for two minutes with maybe the occasional vocalist singing the hook coming in while the bassline also plays the same thing leading to not very interesting music.

I honestly kind of agree with you on this specific album, I thought you were referring to Zeuhl in general. I mainly used the album because it's the one most people know

Nah I was just talking about that album. Zeuhl has some pretty cool stuff otherwise. That being said, this chart and Magma's discography are really the only things Zeuhl I really know.

You should check out Pallaschtom by Ruins, it's definitely my favorite Zeuhl album (bar MDK)

Will check out in a bit. Grabbing lunch. Thanks.

I noticed that too. A lot of newer Ruins albums have that System of a Down sound too.

Came to post 4 Visions. Mindblowing album

What kind of person says "Zeuhl seems interesting. I really want to listen to zeuhl"

probably serial killers

Patricians

Someone who saw it on a genres list and didn't know what the fuck that was

>proge mon said to listen to MDK first in regards to Magma
>was very lukewarm about it, I think I didn't like how dated it sounded production wise
>listen to pic related and the band finally clicks for me

probably one of my new favorite live albums.

i would have sex with this squirrel

Magma still does it best, no one does proper Kobaian Space Opera like they do, and i keep finding the scale of other Zeuhl bands lacking - OP's Pic just feels like five folks in a room, pic related has a scale and sheer mass that i really only find in Opera and maybe some of Mike Oldfield's early work.

Also, Magma recently put up their whole library of works on Spotify, which is pretty nice.