What is the loudest band that ever graced the world?

What is the loudest band that ever graced the world?

I can´t decide between Swans and Sunn O))

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop
vanityfair.com/culture/2016/06/swans-michael-gira-on-dissolving-his-bands-current-lineup
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Spinal Tap

decibel-wise, last I heard it was swans followed closely by mbv

My Bloody Valentine?

god damn swans is so good live

>11

kek

Manowar of course. How's this even a question?

Pussy ass bitches who don't listen to metal you don't know shit.

>I can´t decide between Swans and Sunn O))
There's an objective measure for that so you don't have to

I missed the New York date by hours (sold out before I could buy tickets on my lunch break earlier that week).

And Gira already noted this is possibly the last tour of Swans, at least with their solid lineup they have now.

I will never forgive myself. If there's one band you'd have to experience live...

Sorry, Shadow the Hedgehog.

Probably outdated but I'm sure I heard that Motorhead had the loudest concerts

forgot pic

It's Sunn 0))).

I've been to see both of them live, Sunn 0))) is the loudest.

did those two bands ever get measured?

>Manowar
hmm, but Manowar sucks

Boris.
Louder than Swans. That chink slut doesn't fuck around with the wall of Orange cabs.

I've seen Swans listed at 140 db and Sunn O)) at 120

Obviously its The Bloop

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

Got banned from Lollapalooza for being so loud they made other bands unable to play simply because they couldn't be fucking heard.
I think their sound guy was so into it he had to be dragged off by security or something.

>Thinks Manowar is edgy music
Manowar is far more uplifting and empowering that the vast majority of edgy sad boy junk you binge on because you can't make your life better.

Nah, they actually bring the riffs. What does your favorite band bring? Dumb gimmicks to hide repetitive boring ass songwriting that goes nowhere?

I saw Ty Segall and the Muggers live and my ears rung for 3 days after the show. That show was fucking loud

Well, kinda depends on the volume you're playing them at

War on Drugs?

Going to see Swans live in November. Am I about to get memed or should I really wear earplugs?

Here's a crazy idea!!!! Bring some earplugs in your pocket and if you need the put them in your ears, if not, keep them in your pocket

where are you seeing them?

see them on 11.11 in munich

i have seen them two times before and wasn´t wearing earplugs

Also in Munich. Do you have tinnitus now?

Always bring earplugs, there's nothing cool or manly about losing your hearing.

no, everything went alright

Acid Mothers Temple 2bh.

>Swans in Portland on the 4th
>Event is 21 and over only
Give me shit for only being 19, that's fine, but it really sucks that this may be the last time they tour and I won't even be able to go

>21
Land of the free, you can get into most things when you're 14 here. You should still try to get in, it'd be better to lose out on some money than not try.

I'm going to the Boris concert on the 23rd at the same venue and it's all ages so I don't know what's up with the restriction for this concert
I might just try anyways

Acid Mothers Temple was insanely loud

God damn I was going to see Boris but they didn't show due to illness, super bummed

Whitehouse...

Motorhead holds the official record.

I've seen Swans twice, both times without earplugs, and I have permanent hearing loss from it, so I'd put Swans up there with Earth or Boris.

Death Grips

>tfw Dinosaur jr gave me tinnitus.

I saw them in July without earplugs, it was hell
Nothing permanent though
Michael Gira doesn't wear ear plugs while he performs so you should be fine if he is

>

Michael Gira is not fine.
Also, the speakers aren't exactly aimed at him.

Boris seemed louder than both Swans and Sunn 0))) when I saw them. Earth wasn't as bad as they get hyped up to be, but Boris was ear piercing at points. The final drone had people covering their ears with earbuds already in them.

Are casual cheap foam earplugs ok for a Sunn O))) concert or I need to consider paying for something better?

Motorheads holds the record? Source?

buying nice filtered earplugs is worth so the mound doesn't get muffled.

Excuse you take that back Michael Gira is more than fine
He did say his left eardrum burst during the show though so

what the fuck

I've seen both acts, I think APTBS is louder.

This, he's said in a recent interview that he has been having hearing troubles

too much protection?

Oh shit
vanityfair.com/culture/2016/06/swans-michael-gira-on-dissolving-his-bands-current-lineup

JAMC is ridiculous

handkerchiefs will do just fine

>which band turns their volume knobs counterclockwise the most?

I saw Dinosaur Jr at TBD Fest in Sacramento and couldn't hear right for 4 days

>I can´t decide between Swans and Sunn O))+ 0 post omitted.
Oh no, what a dilemma! Whichever one you end up picking, you're wrong :C

?

>what's a decibel

?

Goddamn My Bloody Valentine was outside and still really loud. The loudest ones I've seen are Queens of the Stone Age, Boris and Swans. All of them were in medium-ish size clubs and had my ears fucked for a few days. QOTSTA had this gnarly rainbow colored light and it would strobe the crowd. If it got you in the eyes it was like sensory deprivation. You couldn't hear or see shit plus everything was vibrating from the start so now your legs are wobbling everywhere, it was crazy. You could watch the crowd and pick out who it hit lol. Everybody started putting their hand up to block it so it was almost in unison and funny as hell.

Built to Spill has been pretty loud for 2 of the shows I've seen but not even close to the ones above. I'm going to see Bongripper in a few weeks so I really hope it's loud as fuck.

I talked to him after the first show in NYC, said they'll be touring for the next 18 months and will definitely be back in New York again

11/10 response