Holy shit Sup Forums, I get it now. I understand. There's a domestic dispute next door...

Holy shit Sup Forums, I get it now. I understand. There's a domestic dispute next door, my cat is whining at me over and over, a car alarm is going off, and my mother is swearing at the computer BUT I CAN'T HEAR ANY OF IT BECAUSE THIS WONDERFUL ALBUM IS TOO DENSELY PACKED WITH NOISE FOR THE OUTSIDE WORLD TO GET THROUGH

Boris is now my favorite band

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5t_5MEME6UU?t=2265
youtube.com/watch?v=ld0jEcFUFko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

listen to flood friendo

and amplifier worship

i'm proud of you, son :')

Honestly that's one of my biggest reasons for listening to noise. Shuts everything out.

Saw them play this album all the way through a couple of weeks ago, one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I love threads like this. I love seeing people post threads about albums they just listened to for the first time and love the shit out of them.

I'm happy 4 u user

Did you wear earplugs?

Not him but I made the mistake of forgetting my earplugs when I saw them last year. My hearing wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be the next day.

Ya did good OP

Listen their Noise album (the one titled Noise), Smile, Heavy Rocks (2011) and Akuma No Uta for the best of Boris. Also Flood - holy shit flood is good.

>no mention of feedbacker
what the fuck

Boris Thread?

I'm super bummed they cancelled their Denver show tonight. Shitty week I was hoping to redeem with some Boris but that got cut short.

>mentions all of their weakest albums

It's a trick. Don't fall for it.

>living with your parents

I thought this was a 18+ site.

Don't fall for these OP. The list I gave is legit.

Not OP, but the only Boris albums I've heard are Feedbacker, Gensho, Amplifier Worship, and Pink. Most bands don't even have an album as good as Feedbacker, so I've got pretty high hopes for the rest of their discog.

meant to quote

I was at one of those sets. Was fucking amazing.

Not him but I didn't and I'm pretty sure there has been a noticeable decline in my hearing since

I really don't think they have bad albums, honestly.

Some I like more than others; Heavy Rocks II and their Jrock albums aren't as good as their other material, but still enjoyable as they are.

But I like Vein, New Album, Noise and Absolutego as well Amplifier Worship, Feedbacker, Heavy Rocks and Altar.

The albums worth it from Boris are:

Amplifier Worship
Flood
Akuma No Uta
Feedbacker
Pink
Dronevil -Final- (listened to the way it's meant to)
Noise

The ones with Merzbow

Sun Baked Snow Cave
Rock Dream
Gensho (the way it's meant to be listened to)

The rest is either boring meandering garbage or weak attempts at metal. As a guy who loves more metal than anything else, I'll admit that Boris is a fantastic noise/drone band but an awful metal band.

first heavy rocks aint bad

And Feedbacker

There are plenty of songs on Pink that could be on Heavy Rocks and vice versa rofl

It's okay more standard sounding stoner stuff. That's not their specialty though.

This is the most positive post I've read on mu in a long time!

Well, no.

But I always chuckle a bit when people say they love Pink and then shit on Heavy Rocks like Pink is JUST shoegazey stuff.

Pink works better because it's more droney all in all. Pink's far from being their best album, but for sure above mediocre.

Another user, saw them almost a month ago and wore high fidelity plugs. No loss in sound quality and no loss in hearing. Definitely the loudest show I've been to yet, but also one of the best, Atsuo brings so much to their stage presence which one wouldn't assume when only hearing their albums.

binch, every Boris album is worth it.

just look at absolutego

Nah, that's blatant fanboyism. They are a fantastic band I'll admit that, but to say all of their stuff is great is next level stupid.

Bunch of Johnny Come Latelies, all of you. Its like its Sup Forums 2009 again.

>If you didn't listen to this music at the right time you're a faggot

>post yfw the dense explosion of noise at 37:49
youtu.be/5t_5MEME6UU?t=2265

>missing out Klatter
I swear to god, shit is 10/10

Which version of Pink is "the version?" And for their whole discography?
I notice a lot of them are different from Japanese and Western releases.

wow i don't like this at all

imo the US version of smile was better for this alone:
youtube.com/watch?v=ld0jEcFUFko