This album is so patrician it's ridiculous. The Flaming Lips, Wilco, Ween, Motörhead...

This album is so patrician it's ridiculous. The Flaming Lips, Wilco, Ween, Motörhead, and several other fantastic artists have graced this album with beautiful music, and why it isn't a more widely appreciated soundtrack is mind boggling. Why isn't this in your top 10, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tQV98-UPIWk
youtube.com/watch?v=RryP11t1s7c
youtube.com/watch?v=qEFKJsWbmW8
mtv.com/news/1491510/flaming-lips-wilco-commercial-weirdo-avril-lavigne-head-up-spongebob-lp/
youtube.com/watch?v=2q8y3a_Jg-E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pre-dated Death Grips by nearly a decade
>literally beat them at their own fucking game
youtube.com/watch?v=tQV98-UPIWk

Spongebob was my gateway to true patriciandom

>When The Flaming Lips member Wayne Coyne suggested a duet with Justin Timberlake, series creator Stephen Hillenburg responded with, according to Coyne, “I don't want any of those sort of commercial weirdos on there. I don't like those commercial people. I like you guys, and Wilco and Ween."
>Avril Lavigne
>Wilco
>The Shins
>Motorhead

Who is Stephen trying to fool?

kek

Actually, The Beatnigs beat them both to the punch.

youtube.com/watch?v=RryP11t1s7c

dg has nothing on this

O C E A N M A N
C
E
A
N
M
A
N

OCEAN MAN

Take a look at this patrician lineup

what the fuck is this lmao I kind of like it

guys what if mc ride is patrick

>no They Might Be Giants
>no Violent Femmes
>no The Dead Milkmen

remember that spongebob episode with Pantera?

hahaha

i have considered buying a copy of this solely for the man or astroman song on it

>they might be giants
>violent femmes
>patrician
pick one

This sure was something

youtube.com/watch?v=qEFKJsWbmW8

This is great. Is there a reason Sup Forums doesn't talk about this?

hahahahha

can't stop laughing

>TMBG
My nig

stop the fightining
just build a birdhouse in ur soul

They're not well known anywhere, even in the underground current. Which is too bad. They're the OG industrial hip-hop act.

bump

I loved this album when i was a kid

mtv.com/news/1491510/flaming-lips-wilco-commercial-weirdo-avril-lavigne-head-up-spongebob-lp/

>Flaming Lips frontman Wayne Coyne was even a bit surprised to discover the company he keeps on the album, set for release November 9.

>"I actually suggested that maybe I could try to get Justin Timberlake to do a duet with us, as an off-the-cuff idea," Coyne said. "But [Nickelodeon series creator Stephen Hillenburg] said, 'I don't want any of those sort of commercial weirdos on there. I don't like those commercial people. I like you guys, and Wilco and Ween.' "

>"Hillenburg wanted people who liked SpongeBob, who felt some kinship with the characters, and the absurdness and surreal-ness of it, and I truly think the show is clever and funny and sick."

The hero we need, not the one we deserve

But Avril and Motorhead are fucking commercial.

Executives will have their way, one way or another. Steve wanted the show to end after the movie and look how that turned out.

spoong bab

youtube.com/watch?v=2q8y3a_Jg-E