What are Sup Forums's thoughts on Andy Warhol? Pretentious dick? Or true visionary?

what are Sup Forums's thoughts on Andy Warhol? Pretentious dick? Or true visionary?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gAHDP-j5-dY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Both

dis

this

/thread

Even if he did nothing else in his life the fact that he discovered and managed the Velvet Undergound would make him a legend
He was the one who let them do what they want, any other manager would have forced them to do boring trendy commercial folk-rock

Pretentious man who himself didn't have much talent, but knew how to find it in other people.
He also basically pioneered the modern commercial system of art with sellers, interpreters and critics.

what a cheesy question

imagine how many ambitious bands were forced into making generic psych pop and surf rock at the time

"Andy Warhol is the only Genius I know with an iq of 60" - Gore Vidal

So i guess he still admitted that he's a genius.

not music

music related you ditz.

i doubt he was stupid, probably like an autistic savant or something. most people in the world tend to write off autistic people as stupid because they can't communicate well

what does he have to do with music?

hes in that one banana album that lou reed sings with that gay voice

He looks like he came out of the Team America movie. Why does he looks like he's made of clay?

I didn't know that was an album. I thought Sup Forums just really liked that picture and you were just referencing the banana guy from Sup Forums

Albino Ass Bitch

Dislike him because even Burroughs though he was a faggot

burroughs was literally a faggot

I know and that's what I'm saying

oh i get it now

>cheese soup
what the fuck my nigga

>eats bread sandwiches
>can't understand cheese soup

Bong on bro

>muh regurgitating pop culture images and selling them as 'subversive'
check your dialectics, m8

Also I didn't really like Velvet Underground & Nico.

Dude spectators lmao

double pleb

talentless hack, he destroyed art.

well maybe the ones who destroyed art were the ones who made his stuff popular.

My best friend's dad met Andy Warhol at a party once. Someone asked Warhol, "Where do you see art going right now?" Warhol just said, "Give me a pencil and paper." So someone did. He took the pencil, stuck it into the middle of one of the paper's edges, and flicked it across the paper once, making a half-assed single line that faded toward the end. And then he said, "There."

he was pointing at us

damn...

>dude i read the wiki page for Situationism!

2deep4me

youtube.com/watch?v=gAHDP-j5-dY
>ywn have dinner/get to queen it up with Andy Warhol and William Burroughs

Andy Warhol more like AntiWarhol xDD

Made interesting statements about the role of objects in or lives with his repetitive pieces. I've heard he was an admitted hoarder and likely had autism, which would explain a lot of his subject material and his meticulous attention to detail.
You'd appreciate his talent more if you'd seen his sculpture studies.

>his sculpture studies
link?

how new can a man be?

that's a dated idea by the time he would have done that though, I don't believe you

Top quality bait

yes it is you fukcing banana

Don't have one. They were displayed at the Guggenheim a few months ago. They're nearly indistinguishable from the studied objects, but they're done in clay. Explores some interesting notions about the value we place on imagery, given that at a glance you wouldn't be able to tell that several hundred hours went into what looks like an assortment of common household products.

the soups were genius. thats all you need three times a day

Skin problems. The white wig probably adds to that.

>bread sandwiches
you mean like a slice of bread between your two slices of bread right?
who does that?

>tripfag
>shit opinion

yep, checks out

They did that on their own a couple years later

Why does this make me feel so weird?

why am i laughing

>all these people calling Warhol pretentious
Wew. Confirmed for knowing fuck all about Warhol.

Warhol was as superficial as they come; even by his own admission his work meant nothing more than surface level. All of the "artsy" bs (like how the soup can represented the merging of highbrow and lowbrow) was put on it by critics and fans who needed to justify their praise beyond just admitting they like it because it looks kinda nice.

he liked the vu, which cut him a lot of slack. otherwise he was a silly bitch. who earned his aids.

Andy walking, Andy tired
Andy take a little snooze
Tie him up when he's fast asleep
Send him on a pleasant cruise
When he wake up on the sea
He sure to think of me and you

what a garbage lyric

war hole

It's a British delicacy ya wanker

makes sense why andy didn't like that song

he deffinetly had some chops, and whether or not he deserved the fame that he got (he did) its all part of his concept/character which i find amazing and hilarious