Loveless-7.5
Untrue-9
Remain in Light-7
ITCOTCK-8.5
Lift-3
MBDTF-7
Exmil-6.5
American Football-4

I've been browsing Sup Forums for three years and I've only listened to about half of those.

>remain in light
>3

>americ anfootball
>9

>In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
8/10 Flawed masterpiece

>Spirit They've Gone
6/10 Interesting but overindulgent

>Kid A
5/10 So-so ambient album acclaimed only because it defies the conventional narrative of a rock group

>Spiderland
4/10 Melodramatic, meandering, self-pitying, adolescent and more shallow than people think

>Loveless
9/10 The most important rock album of all time. It's also pretty good, to boot.

>Untrue
7/10 Decent dance music but exclusively for people who don't usually listen to dance music.

>Remain in Light
8/10 Excellent disco/rock hybrid. That second side needs touching up.

>In the Court of the Crimson King
7/10 Great but incredibly dated

>Life Yr Skinny Fists
5/10 I hate to use buzzwords like crescendocore, but sheesh, some things are asking for it

>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
9/10 Epic, detailed, elaborate but strikingly intimate through it all. One part satire, one part confessional, one part tragedy. All spectacular.

>Exmilitary
6/10 It was new at the time and even now tracks bang. But isn't just a little bit juvenile?

>American Football
8/10 The perfect fusion of form and soul. Expression that isn't indulgent. Emotion that isn't stifling. But boy did it open the floodgates.

>kid a
>ambient

100% with you on MBDTF. Genuinely curious though, what's flawed about In the Aeroplane Over the Sea?

no numbers only order

Spiderland > Loveless > ITCOTCK > Kid A > LYSFLATH > ITAOTS > RIL > MBDTF > AF > STGSTV > Exmilitary > Untrue

Untrue may be one of the worst albums ever released

>3
come on

Not his worst, but his most overrated by far. I am a very big fan of his first two albums.

I liked MBDTF in high school if that means anything.

i cannot understand how you can seriously give ex military a 1

hell yeah The College Dropout is amazing

yours is essentially mine, but id give exmilitary an 8

Pards who pretend they understand dance music think Burial isn't for heads because the only thing they know about garage is absorbed second hand through FACT articles.

>remain in light 3
>loveless 4

You've got some shit taste OP.

The only 2 correct rankings desu

>>My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
>9/10

Hard mode

ITAOTS - 8
STGSTV - 10
Kid A - 6
The Four Faggots Go Swimming - 5
Loveless - 9
Burial - 4
Remain in Light - 6
ITCOTCK - 8
LYSF - 7
MBDTF - 7
Exmil - 8
American Football - 5

op is a faggot, rape his face.

>wanting to fuck (let alone rape) a face
That's pretty faggy user

All the plebs in this thread rating Untrue so low

IKR

itaots, loveless and mbdtf - 10
everything else is lower than 10

This desu

Someone with good taste, is this the real Sup Forums I'm seeing?

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE

IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO NEW MUSIC

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO STOP WASTING THEIR TIME WITH USELESS SHIT MUSIC CHARTS!!!!

I bring to you an alternative, very basic chart to start getting into music from which you can develop and expand your tastes so much more richly than by spending hours on this website plagued by filthy music undeserving of your time or attention.

E N J O Y

>fuckoff/10
whys this?

I rate them all 0 or 1, because they're all popular music and weren't written by trained composers. They have no function in society except for getting you to buy them, or to buy concert tickets.

Art music, Traditional music > Popular music

This can't be serious, can it?

(You)

Mad man

wow you're a fucking pleb

muh niggu
dubs confirm

baka at the plebs desu senpai

Give examples of art music please user

op is a fucking pleb

>I really like Scaruffi

I know Sup Forums is pretentious, but damn this is on another level.

Art music is also known as "Classical". Anything written by a trained composer, stored primarily on a written score, and intended for performance in a concert hall setting, usually by someone who isn't the composer, but sometimes composer/performers exist.

Some examples would be Palestrina, Bach and Schoenberg.

Nothing pretentious about preferring to listen to music written by people who know what they're doing.

i love my taste

Classical music is popular music, written to be consumed by the masses before jazz, blues, and the more common forms of popular music known today. To suggest otherwise shows a clear lack of musical knowledge.

easy

if you want some decent music this is actually a good starting point.

not really user.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_music
>frequently used as a contrasting term to popular, traditional, or folk music
>contrasting

Its pretty much the opposite of popular music. It started out in churches and was made to glorify god. Its not until the 18th and 18th century that is became more popular, but even then it was never made purely for profit like poplar music.

Popular music of the 17th century for example would be music played by minstrels in a tavern. They get paid, they play inoffensive music for people to drink to. The opposite end of the scale for the period would be Bach Cantatas and Passions - communicating a text and creating a deep, spiritual experience.

Milk hotel- 8
Anco - 8
Radio - 7
Slint - 7
loveless - 6
Burial - 5
Talking - 5
Crimson - 7
Lift fists - 8
Kanye - 8
Death grips - 0
Football - 7

>but even then it was never made purely for profit
Absolute bullshit senpai. Unless the artist insisted on not being paid, all music is made for profit. Old classical composers were paid to make their works.

Also...
>using wikipedia as a source

ITAOTS - 6
STGSTV - 6
Kid A - 8
Spiderland - 9
Loveless - 9
Untrue - 8
Remain in Light - 9
ITCOTCK - 8
LYSFLATH - 8
MBDTF - 6
Exmilitary - 6
American Football - 4

because untrue is outdated trash

>I just got here yesterday by the way

listen to Joanna Newsom and Nick Drake, like immediately

Unbearably white.

NMH - 8/10
SGTSTV - 3/10
Kid A - 5/10
Spiderland - 10/10
Loveless - 9/10
Untrue - 8/10
Remain in Light - 9/10
ITCOTCK - 9/10
LYSFLATH - 7/10
MBDTF - 4/10
Exmilitary - 7/10
American Football - 3/10

>All these people rating NMH higher than Talking Heads

NMH: 9
Spirit: 3
Kid A: 10
Slint:
Loveless: 7
Burial: 8
Talking Heads: 9
King Crimson: 7
Godspeed: 9
Kanye: 5
Death Grips: 10
Foosball:

Some of these trigger me but I'm just impressed with your effort

Shit chart, not even the most Sup Forumscore AnCo and DG albums.

Sup Forums core + personal favorites
Kid A- 10/10
Ok Computer-10/10
Plastic Beach- 9/10
ITAOTS-8/10
No Love Deep Web- 7/10
Demon Days- 8/10
AMSP-10/10
Amnesiac-9/10
In Rainbows-10/10
Gorillaz (2001)- 9/10
Trout Mask replica- 8/10

>8.9
Why such an out of place rating?

im boring

The guy tried to fuck Death grips on Sup Forums
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

Because I'm very split on it

most musicians pre 1900 were supported by rich patrons, or the church, or had to support themselves through teaching or other non-music writing jobs.

They didn't make their music to be sold, they were paid to write it in the first place. Big difference.

define good taste because he just sounds like your average pitchfork drone.

>They didn't make their music to be sold, they were paid to write it in the first place. Big difference.
If anything that just proves it was worse, because it didn't even need to made good at all. They could have made shit and they've already been paid.

>most musicians pre 1900 were supported by rich patrons, or the church
You mean they were paid by people who saw music as a way to prove their wealth/power as opposed to actual artistry? Seems about right.

Lift Your Skinny Fists needs a better rating only for the "They don't Sleep anymore on the beach" part desu

Nah they had to be good enough to be hired in the first place. You dont get to become kappelmeister or court composer without some mad skills and reputation.

And its more that rich patrons were intelligent enough to appreciate great music. Frederich the great for example played classical flute and even wrote many pieces himself.

The church on the other hand needed music that spoke to peoples very souls, that uplifted them spiritually. Its not easy to write music like that, you have to know your shit.

This is the best post on Sup Forums right now holy shit
No meme spouting buzzword shit just actual criticism

5 7 6 8 9 7
6 7 7 5 4 6

Loveless>IAOTS>American Football>Exmilitary>In The Court>Antennas>Spirit They've Gone>Spiderland>Remain in Light>Kid A

I haven't listened to Untrue or MBDTF.

>Nah they had to be good enough to be hired in the first place
Well that invalidates your original point

>And its more that rich patrons were intelligent enough to appreciate great music
So rich people are more intelligent? Is that what you're saying?

>The church on the other hand needed music that spoke to peoples very souls, that uplifted them spiritually
>Its not easy to write music like that
It's very easy. There are people who feel that way about 21 Pilots, does that mean they're musical geniuses?

8 7 8 7 6
6 5 6 4 6

>Well that invalidates your original point
That art music is superior to popular music? not really, it support my point. Untrained minstrels never became kappelmeister or court composer.

>So rich people are more intelligent?
They were intelligent enough to know that knowledge of an art form allows you to make higher quality art.

>It's very easy
Not really. To write music that uplifts all people (not just those who like 21 pilots) and cuts right to their soul making them feel enlightened takes a lot more skill than you think.

>tfw haven't been on Sup Forums in years and those faggots that kept trying to force AF as Sup Forumscore won

I'm out

Af is one of the best albums ever
fuck off

loving
every
laugh

>to write music that uplifts all people (not just those who like 21 pilots) and cuts right to their soul making them feel enlightened takes a lot more skill than you think.
You imply that church music "cuts into the soul" but I've never heard a piece of music in that vein that does that. Loud organs don't equal great music.

>Untrained minstrels never became kappelmeister or court composer.
That's because they were poor stupid.

>They were intelligent enough to know that knowledge of an art form allows you to make higher quality art.
I'm 100% sure that almost all of them cared more about feasting and getting laid. The past wasn't a glorious time like you think it is.

>itaots
>spirit they're gone
>kid a
>spiderland
>loveless
>untrue
>remain in light
>itcotck
>antennas to heaven
>mbdtf
>exmil
>american football

r8 my r8ings.

this divisive attitude towards Death Grips meme has to stop.

damn you really like that popul vuh record

mostly good taste

There's plenty of accounts of music providing spiritual and enlightening experiences. Try Bach's St matthew passion, or renaissance vocal music - Palestrina's Missa papae marcelli for example. You probably wont have a religious experience, as I doubt you are religous, but people back in those days were incredibly religious, and you can imagine this music providing an enlightening experience. Just because the only "church music" you've heard is "loud organs" doesn't mean there isn't much more to it.

>That's because they were poor stupid.
Nope, its becuase they weren't trained and skilled in the area. Like most popular musicians these days. They can write basic songs, but they struggle to hold interest for more than 5 minutes at a time, and they certainly dont develop material or give considerations to overall form.

Sounds like you dont really know what you're talking about so I wont bother explaining history to you.

NMH: 8.5
Spirit: 8
Kid A: 10
Slint: 8
Loveless: 10
Burial: 7.5
Talking Heads: 6.5
King Crimson: 9
Godspeed: 8.5
Kanye: 5
ExMil: 10
Football: 6

>itaots
>anco
>kid a
>spiderland
>loveless
>burial
this has been on my backlog for years
>remain in light
>itcotck
>lift yr skinny fists
>mbdtf
>exmilitary
>american football
this has also been on my backlog for ages

>Sounds like you dont really know what you're talking about
You're the one who has no idea what you're talking about. All you've done is proven that the only people who can "truly appreciate" classical music are rich Christians who lived 100s of years ago. If what you're saying is true, then why aren't more people listening to this type of music. I guessing you think it's because they're "the mindless masses" and you're "too intelligent" for them, but if a bunch of drunken lusty dukes like it why not everyone else?

ITAOTS: 9
Spirit: 3
Kid a: 10
Spiderland: 8
Lovless: 8
Burial: 7
Remain in Light: 9
ITCOTCK: 7
LYSFITALATH: 9
MBDTF: 8
EXM: 7
American Football: 8