Why does Melbourne only produce SJW bands?

Why does Melbourne only produce SJW bands?

twostepsonthewater.bandcamp.com/track/nature-doco

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=875lJG_mCu8
wendigoblues.bandcamp.com/album/initiation-ep
cinnamonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/compact-disc-services-rendered
youtube.com/watch?v=cinvIr-O1k8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's sjw about it? Lyrics seemed like some mostly abstract disgusted shit.

Lol, check this:

youtube.com/watch?v=875lJG_mCu8

It's basically the whole scene, and I'm more than willing to bet they vote for the greens. Nonetheless, they're fantastic.

>He's scared of muh ess jay dubble yoo boogeyman

Melbourne has its share of scenester rapists to even it out. Everything from Melb is horrible

>expecting anything of value from a literal prison island

>tfw I was the bassist for a Melb band called Hospital
>Left after the first record because the guy I played with was an insufferable SJW
>Blocks me on facebook and is now a full blown tranny

what the fuck is a scenester rapist?

Is this Alif?

Melbourne is the most "progressive" state in Australia. It's where everything happens. It's art, music, media and culture central. It's a hipsters paradise.

HTRK aren't sjw

nah

Is this actually true? What caused you to quit? I'm intrigued now.

It's a bit like Portland, but you honestly wouldn't wanna be anywhere else as a musician in Australia, heaps of opportunities for bands, even when you're shit. Also if you bitch about 'SJWs' you're probably 12 and/or masturbate to articles on Breitbart.

melbourne is really like no other city. I love it

This kinda. Sjw arent that bad here. Still down for the bantz and slamming a goony after a fat gatorade 1g bong rip.

FUCK OATH!

SJW's are cancer though, even if they aren't as profound at the internet makes them out to be. I know its mostly a strawman, but I actually know an SJW feminist in real life, she was my second girlfriend, and after we broke up, it manifested into something even worse. God, the stories I could tell you about her..

I wanna gonna say, Alif is a nice dude. And regardless of whatever drama happened in the band, the new Hospital record is really good imo.

yeah, it's pretty nice desu,

It depends what you mean by 'SJWs'. If the people you're referring to are just people with progressive views (feminist, marxist, intersectional, etc) then you should probably just stop being a reactionary cunt. However, if these people are stupid tumblr liberals who pose as if they care about 'issues' when in reality it's all a self-centered cry for attention, i sympathise with that.

Literally his ego is why the band has a revolving door of musicians, me being the first.

He's fucking talented, but he's the fucking worst to work with.

She's a "feminist", but she's an avid tumblr user. She dyes her hair every fucking week, she tries to bring up feminism in every conversation, talks about supposed "man beaters" and now apparently she's dating a transgender MTF.

The mental illness in itself is that she tries so hard to be weird and different, and at the end of the day she just looks like a fuckwit.

The sad part is, when she's not fucking talking about feminism and man hatred, she is a really nice girl, and I miss that.

I hate to sound like I'm exaggerating, but feminism really can ruin some people.

That's unfortunate to hear. Has anyone ever called him out on his bullshit? Wouldn't be surprised if he was insecure as fuck and has some kind of pathetic "guilt".

I live in a German town no one knows and the only thing that showed up was this AC/DC soundalike:

wendigoblues.bandcamp.com/album/initiation-ep

>she tries so hard to be weird and different
This stinks of liberalism to me, but i assure you that's nothing endemic to feminists. I'm probably gonna get crucified on this site, but i'm a pretty radical feminist and all the discourse i discuss and see is nothing but intelligent, analytical stuff, whereas you see these leftist ideas being hijacked by people who have such shallow motivation for being interested in them, mostly just to appear 'different', it shits me.

Also so we stay on topic, Palmar Grasp, great Aussie punk/emo band with feminist lyrics.

>but feminism really can ruin some people

Sounds more like her personality than anything to do with feminism. Social justice itself is a worthy aim, but like every movement it has those that latch onto it (i.e.sjws) to bolster their own sense of uniqueness/personal worth, who usually misconstrue the purpose of their cause and take it too far.

they have dj aaron

I'm not a fan of feminism in general. That's just how I feel about it. I feel women have reached such a stage of equality, that even some parts of it actually surpasses that of men. There is no more to be done really in my honest opinion. There's nothing more standing in a womans way to take on the big bad world.

Not that I know of, we've spoken once after I left the band 2 years ago.

Despite the shit that caused me to leave Hospital, I hope he's doing well.

I like the avalanches and Courtney Barnett f a m

It is her personality. It's fucked up. She has a mental disorder for sure. She only takes prescription anxiety pills but she definitely has other issues going on, which I'd like to know about. She used to cut herself as a teenager. She seems to try way too hard to fit in, it's like she can't just relax around people. She has to go overboard.
You're a good person. Better than I am.

100% agree
most of the gripes you hear today are petty concerns like "manspreading" or debunked myths like the wage gap

Pretty much. Women do earn the same money as men, have equal opportunity for jobs and careers, and even in some fields like science and computing it was something like a 2:1 chance just to fill the gender quota.

I really don't see any legitimate causes anymore. If there is something I'm missing that women are heavily oppressed by in this modern day and age, please tell me, I'm genuinely interested.

I feel this way as well. I agree on minor things like cat calling, higher taxing of womens toiletries. However, i dont believe feminism is something that has huge goals to achieve like it did before.

For instance, i was at class in uni and we were studying ads. Most of them had the classic "multiculturalism" people of both gender and races. Then we viewed one which showed two white guys and noone else. A girl immediately put up her hand and said "i dont like how this ads portrays its product for white men only." And people nodded in agreement.

Australians go away. No one gives a shit about your piece of shit island

>higher taxing of womens toiletries
I agree, but again, in the main scheme of things, it's really a non issue. Sure it's bullshit, but it's not something that ruins their life, or treats them as a lesser individual.

>we viewed one which showed two white guys and noone else. A girl immediately put up her hand and said "i dont like how this ads portrays its product for white men only."
This right here, is the kind of shit that I really hate though. Who gives a fuck. If they had any clue about marketing in general they'd realise advertising firms DO target certain demographics depending on the product they're trying to tell. Whether it's old people, young teenage girls, young adult men, middle aged dads or soccer mums. Feminists love to deny that stereotypes exist, but they market to these people for a reason, because they know they're out there.

Yeah its not a HUGE issue at all. Media likes to blow anything out of propotion. I do believe australia does have a race issue though. We still treat aboriginals like ass though we are improving.

I agree to a certain extent. I went to a school with a lot of aboriginals, and they didn't really help themselves. They had preferential treatment, counsellors that would get them out of class, who were supposed to help them, and they still chose to fuck around and break the rules. I try to sympathise, I really do, but I can't help but have a negative attitude towards them. I will treat them with respect if they do the same to me though.

We've definitely achieved formal equality (in most western countries anyway), but gender is still a pretty prominent factor that influences how we treat other people. You just have to look at the different ways in which women and men are sexualised to see that.

I don't really think most schools of feminism are trying to blame anyone or paint men as evil or anything, as many Sup Forums users love to suggest, but rather to analyse these gender relations/differences and look at whether these differences are really valid or productive, and how they can be potentially harmful. Is oppression as big of an issue in today's society? Arguably no, but that doesn't mean it's not a worthy issue.

The school i went to was predomantly white and we had the same access to help, most of the boys didnt give a fuck. Its not a race issue, its class. I think thats a huge misconception here and with feminism. Issues they discuss relate more to class and money rather to sexism.

>gender is still a prominent factor that influences how we treat other people
Why does feminism see this as an issue? Do they ever look at biology and realise we do certain things and act certain ways because we're hardwired too through our DNA and evolution?

Men and women are both sexualised a lot in the media, and again, I see nothing wrong with that. Men and women CHOOSE to put themselves in that situation. Sex sells, and I don't see why this is an issue. You're hardly going to put an obese person in the spotlight to sell a product are you? Or an average, boring person dressed in shitty, $5 shirts and jeans? Do you realise how many businesses would collapse if not for sex appeal?

To me it's a poor argument. Besides, what kind of a mentality is it to set yourself up for failure in life? Why say "fuck school, fuck the system, fuck everyody, fuck help". Especially when you're being given help for free? It makes you look more the fool. No one is impressed by a "rebel". It's short lived.

Bad parenting and guidance. A lot of parents i know couldnt care less about their children man. They let them do whatever they want.

Also, alot of teachers dont give a fuck. And i can sympathize with them. Everybody was a little shit in high school, i dont know how they do it desu. I have a lot of respect for teachers eho love and take their job seriously.

>then you should probably just stop being a reactionary cunt
cringing rn
Melbourne is a hole like all Australian cities

>I have a lot of respect for teachers who love and take their job seriously.

So do I. I only knew a few of them during my schooling life, but they were great people, inside and outside of the classroom. You could tell they cared about their students, but they also had their own lives.

It disgusted me when I had teachers that were miserable old cunts who hated their students, and clearly hated themselves too. Like they had no life at all outside of teaching. I often think that some students fail classes and school because of poor teaching. You'd be amazed how motivated a student can be around the right person.

Brisbane poster here. Brisbane is nice. It's like a nice middle ground. We've got all the culture that Melbourne has, without the high levels of progressives and pretentiousness.

and it still costs too much and there's nothing to do
the music scene is undoubtedly run by cliques that all fake niceness to each other

>we do certain things and act certain ways because we're hardwired too through our DNA and evolution
Such as? There are a lot of behaviours that have nothing to do with biology, common examples being the idea that women are supposed to shave their body hair in order to look appealing to men, or that men are supposed to repress their emotions and maintain a stoic image. I don't necessarily view what's 'natural' as good either, I mean, murder is pretty natural, and yet we don't necessarily condone that.

I'm not really a fan of the whole essentialist 'that's just the way things are' argument, it encourages stagnation.

Yes, men and women do choose to put themselves into a sexualised position, and there's nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't mean we can't analyse why and how these choices and portrayals are taking place. I don't really view advertising as a particularly ethical field in any case.

Anyway I'm probably the wrong person to have an intelligent discussion with on this - though I agree with a lot of the principles I've only done some cursory readings into feminist literature and I'm tired as shit haha.

everyone is fake, no matter if it's music or not, unfortunately.

Youll never be melbourne soz.

they're worse in music

>little melbourners
CREASING

>the idea that women are supposed to shave their body hair in order to look appealing to men
This isn't a new phenomenon, nor did it only occur when the modern razor was a new novelty. Women have been removing their body hair for hundreds upon hundreds of years, possibly thousands. There is nothing wrong with social norms. It baffles me so much how feminism tries to break down things that are already working. You'd be surprised how many women actually like having soft shaved legs.
>inb4 media brainwashing, social brainwashing

>that's just the way things are
You know why I am that way? This might sound retarded to you, but I only have ONE single life to live. ONE. I'm not going to waste my life fighting trivial issues and pandering to a certain crowd, and miserably fail. I'm not going to waste my life being bitter, hating the "patriarchy" or "social constructs". I want to be happy and do shit with my life. I'm refuse to waste it on any kind of social justice movement. I live in a first world country, and I'm as privileged as it gets. I'm going to live it up while I still can.

Brisbane doesn't want to be Melbourne.

Brisbane is alright but its nowhere near as good as melb is.

Melbourne isn't as good as it thinks it is though.

>be me
>in melb
>make a band
>weird lezbo "I wanna become a boy" joins
>shes kinda shit at what she does
>just writes crummy breakup songs as every song ever
>expects us to just play these even though its not our jam at all
>tell her we're gonna call it quits
>nah you guys are good ill leave its okay

PHEW CRISIS AVOIDED

Could be worse, could be perth

They got Tame Impala, MaxMoeFoe and HowToBasic.

Do you live in perth? I heard its boring as fuck, same with sydney

Uh huh.

No, I just know a lot of "musos" from perth. they're all metal heads into math metal or some fuck off stupid shit, they also spend every waking minute talking about Sup Forumscore

Nothing wrong with mathcore bro.

why has Sup Forums gone so fucking Sup Forums lately

back to your containment board, faggot

The point isn't that shaving your legs is bad, it's that the uneven social pressure placed on women as opposed to men to do so is bad. Yes, it's a minor issue, and I don't think most feminists are particularly concerned with it, but it's these sorts of smaller issues that can contribute to some interesting gender dynamics that might lead to a lot of people feeling alienated and whatnot.

It doesn't sound retarded to me, I think that's cool that you know what makes you happy and obviously I support other people doing whatever they want with their own lives as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others. You seem to have some odd ideas about what feminists are like, though. I'm not bitter, I just have a personal interest in feminism - possibly stemming from the way in which gendered expectations/norms have been detrimental to me in the past - and more broadly, sociology in general. I take interest in a lot of what you might describe as more pressing issues too. Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean it's not of value in modern life, or that it's somehow a waste.

Dunno, it's happen to heaps of boards. People are trying to start a Sup Forums general on /fa/

Perth is good if you know where to look, there's only like three real decent music venues so most of the good stuff around Perth music is underground, some really great communities such as Camp Doogs and Yardstock putting on good shows and festivals and there's independent venues such as 208 which regularly has excellent punk and metal bands, surprisingly good underground raves around Perth too recently, the legit warehouse kind too

The discussion on feminism is actually well reasoned from both sides and doesnt include "women are slutz" type buzzwords

Apparently Canberra has an alright scene for some stuff but my friends would know more than me, I don't really go out much.

At least Morrissey is coming to here.

I did pick up this post-punk single from the record store, not too bad: cinnamonrecords.bandcamp.com/album/compact-disc-services-rendered

go to another website

kek

is there a special reason why morrissey is going to wollongong and newcastle and even canberra but not sydney perth or brisbane

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=cinvIr-O1k8

I'm not sure why but whatever the reason I'm glad he's done so.

because hes a whiney cunt who goes to whiney cunt locations for whiney cunts such as himself

This

The Drones might have something to say about that...

1/10
You tried.

I know I'm being a bit pedantic but The Drones are actually from Perth