/mu why do you all love Kid A so much when it is shit...

/mu why do you all love Kid A so much when it is shit , has no good grooves and all the songs are a mess of poorly produced sound.

Radiohead is the sort of dopily dissonant, synth-mashing, warbling, British crap that passes for cutting edge these days. Their Internet fans are legion, their pretentious and egotistically dull albums continue to sell, and the people who malign the good name of critics by calling themselves as much incessantly drool over Radiohead like they've got platinum bars shooting out of their jocks.

i dont liek kid A either

Because I listened to it until I liked it instead of complaining

0/10

wow

you know you don't have to like something just because other's people on the internet say it's good

>Dissonant
>Synth-mashing
You are criticizing the album for the absolute wrong reasons. It's not bad because it's complex, it is bad because it is incredibly safe and boring (sans a few songs). If it had dissonance then maybe it would be an interesting album. OP confirmed never heard the album

this is true, the album is very boring and i think everyone knows this, i don't think anyone actually enjoys listening to it.

Well I thought I would broaden my horizon plus its not like a sat in a room listening to kid a on repeat for a couple days it just slowly grows on you

Radiohead are just Muse/Coldplay except they're occasionally good.

No one would hate them if they didn't receive so much insane hype from critics and their fanbase.

Well you think wrong.

I do

if you listen to anything for long enough, it will cause it to become familiar to you which is pretty much all musical taste is, i am serious if you listen to anything for long enough you will eventually like it.
if you like something straight away though it's because it is already familiar to you and your musical taste e.g pop music using the simple melodies that most people have heard from childhood therefore very familiar

>liking Kid A
>not getting that it's only a meme to like that joke
< mfw

There's plenty of music that makes you hate it the more you hear it. Or get tired of it. Definitely not true that more listens make you like everything more.

this this is what im talking about. I used to hate spirit they're gone spirit they've vanished and now I can listen to any track off it and enjoy it

yeah that's when it's become too familiar

>I don't like it, therefore it's a meme
Wanna prove these meme theory of yours?

Well if you hate something its either because you haven't heard enough or you listened to it too much. He was saying in the case that you're not used to it yet

>have to listen to it enough to like it
literally as bad as stockholm syndrome

The first half of Kid A is objectively perfect.

I don't really care for the 2nd half but the praise for Kid A is definitely not a meme.

What negative effects come from listening to an album until you enjoy it?

>what negative effects come from causing yourself discomfort until you enjoy it?

>WAAAAAAAAAH THESE FREQUENCIES ARE UNHEALTHY!!!!!

but why lie to yourself

about what

I don't experience discomfort listening to most albums, even ones I don't like.

If you do you should probably consult a doctor.

>objectively
>music
maybe you should rethink your life

listening to Kid A for the first time right now.
gotta say
very borring

>Subjective
>music
So should you

kek, i presume you are only making a joke with this comment either that or you have some severe autism

>30 posts
>9 IPs
Are you really that butthurt over other people liking Kid A user?

music taste is objective and i am always objectively right

checked

>people judging things "definitively" solely on their first impressions

what a terrible way to live

I mean, come on. They try to sound all experimental and complex but it really just sounds like ****. At least the Beatles were catchy. tom yorks voice sounds like a wounded banshee. And what's up with all the Radiohead fans hating on Creep? it's by far there best song. Just becuase somethings in 7/4 doesn't make it good.

/thread

creep is alright but it's definitely not a great song

if you're gonna force yourself to like something why not at least choose something original or something edgy or whatever.
at least if you force yourself to like death grips maybe someone will be like wow that dude's harcore

Have your (You) m8

Stop trying OP, you're just embarrassing yourself.

radiohead sucks because people think things like Karma Police is their best work. Let's look at the lyrics: Karma Police, arrest this girl, her hitler hairdo is make not me feel ill. I think that is the stupidest lyric I have ever heard. It's like this spoiled brat, ramble about nothing, wallow in self, act like you're gay when you're not to score chicks, crap. I don't think they even believe it's good. I think they had a hit with creep and decided that was hard and it was much more easy to put out crap and pretend it was gold and anyone who didn't think so just didn't get it. And they hit gold with that. They have tons of fans who love to go around pretending no on gets it, because that makes them feel better than, and losers like that don't get to feel that way often. We get it, you're shallow douchebags that have nothing to say or contribute, yet you've found a band like you and a fan club that says that's just super, but would never say super, they'd say: I've finally found people I can be depressed around. It's crap though, plain and simple. And the fans are douches.

I don't even like Radiohead but no one thinks Karma Police is their best work, get your head out of your ass.

Unless this is b8.

taking time to consider something =/= forcing yourself to like it

I've given Slint's Spiderland like six complete listens and I still don't see what's special about it. I've also listened to Death Grips a few times and still think they're shit.

why don't you keep listening to death grips until you like it?

because I've already listened to it a few times and decided I don't like it

the point here is to not write off something immediately

that makes you a shitty music listener

OK Computer is objectively a better a rock album. KID A was experimental to a fault, full of ideas that weren't fleshed out properly.

>your fucking thread

i've never even listened to kid a