Do you ever think about deleting your whole music library and starting from scratch?

Do you ever think about deleting your whole music library and starting from scratch?

no because that would be fucking stupid

That would be just a waste of time

actually nah

I had the idea once when I was exclusivelly listening to my own music only but its gone

I think cleaning out your library to the essentials would probably be a smarter idea but desu, unless you're stuck for memory, I don't see any advantage to pruning your library that would justify the time it takes.

sometimes, yeah - most of these i'll never listen to again, but trying to decide what to delete gives me anxiety

its happened by accident at least 3 times since i started listening to music regularly, due to hard drive failures or needing to reinstall windows. it always sucks

do you ever think about throwing away everything else you enjoy and starting over

why would i do that.

Yui is such a qt :3

My library, definitely not. But I shuffle out albums I'm bored of all the time on my phone.

Hell no. I would just kill myself if all my music got deleted.

>keeping local files
I just save my music on spotify playlists, been doing it for years. I only download stuff that can't be found there.

>Spotify

LOL hahahaha

No, that's silly

...I would immediately download everything again so what's the point?

Of course not you fucking imbecile

No, not only would that be a stupid idea, it'd be a waste of time and energy.

Sorry senpai but Mio best girl

Good point, I'll stop using it now thanks!

yeah, I did when I switched from pirating music to buying it. completely worth it, I'm way more likely to invest time into an album if I like it enough to buy it

i.e. I know less albums better now instead of vaguely knowing more albums

Stupid yuiposter

This guy knows what's up.

no, but I have been thinking of pruning it a lil

I used to do the same, but majority of the music I listen to nowadays just isn't on spotify

i've done it a few times
sometimes by accident (hdd got rekt a few times)
sometimes because it wasn't worth the trouble to keep it if i got a new pc or something
usually it's a change for the best, but i never did it intentionally because i was never like "whoa my taste is shit i got to get rid of this stuff", which may be the case for you

If my music library was deleted I'd probably kill myself.

get a back-up ya dingus

I have one.

yes, but only because it would be a form of self-harm.

ben there done that never went back

I'll do it.

Yeah, in the same sense when you are riding in a car and you feel the urge to throw your phone out the window, or you're holding a baby and you have the urge to throw it on the floor. You then realize it's fucking retarded, but for some reason the thought still crosses your mind.

Get Google music asap

Is it safe to store pirated stuff on there?

I do it all the time
feels good

Havent had an issue over the last four years and it's saved me from the incident you've described twice.

I deleted all music on my iPod, which was a subset of my collection - but this music was backed up on 3.5" hard drives elsewhere.

Then I gave my iPod to a friend for him to put his entire music collection on, much of which I hadn't heard before.

It was an effective but slightly disconcerting way to completely refresh my listening habits!

Oh, and my friend was called Tom, so I referred to my newly equipped iPod as a tomPod.

My disappointment when I expanded the picture and realized what I thought was her dick was in fact just the fold in her towel ,_,

>paying for something you can do for free with more music

I don't get it. Extremally casual music listening sure, but I assume you listen to a lot of music since you're on Sup Forums, that or you're just shitposting scum.

you kind of lost me at the baby part, but yeah this.

Yes, and probably will some day just cause I'm extremely particular about my tags and despite knowing I'll never have a perfectly tagged library, I often drive myself mad trying to make it perfect.

>tompod

you're silly user

I do that like every week or other week