Why didn't he kill himself right there and then when he heard Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields and knew he couldn't...

Why didn't he kill himself right there and then when he heard Penny Lane / Strawberry Fields and knew he couldn't possibly follow those two songs up?

>Surfs Up
>Heroes and Villains
>Cabin Essence
>Good Vibrations

But he made Surfs Up and 'Til I Die.

For the same reason that you didn't kill yourself when you heard your favourite album and realised you could never make anything so amazing.

>Beach fags still try this hard
Penny lane/Strawberry field is unmatched.

>Implying either of those songs could've been written without the influence of Pet Sounds

penny lane is good
strawberry fields isnt

Those songs have zero to do with Pet Sounds. If you would have said She's Leaving Home then yeah but you made yourself look like a retard

because he liked it but thought it was a little weird. He was upset that Capital leaked the Smile tapes to the Beatles and they again ripped off his sound

>Paul McCartney certainly didn't write songs like Penny Lane with such interesting key changes before Brian did so on Pet Sounds.
>John Lennon certaintly didn't write songs like Strawberry Fields Forever with orchestral accompaniment before Brian did so on Pet Sounds.

Now who's the retard...

>beach boys invented orchestral music and key changes

fucking lol

I bet you're the type of person to mock people that think The Beatles invented ska (nobody does) but say shit like this

Complex chord progressions and use of orchestral instruments in pop music generally didn't happen before Pet Sounds. The Beatles certainly didn't introduce them.

Wouldn't mock anyone for saying The Beatles were revolutionaries in their own rights.

>Complex chord progressions and use of orchestral instruments in pop music generally didn't happen before Pet Sounds
brian eno invented ambient too, right?

When did I say invent? I used the word introduced.

You must be very new to music if you think that Brian Wilson introduced pop music to orchestral

Give me a few pre-Pet Sounds songs in the pop/rock idiom that use entirely orchestral instruments then (moving away from the band setting.) I then, of course, stand corrected.

Whenever I see him now I get this feeling that he's totally out of it, like he's thinking, "Well, I guess I made some albums fifty years ago that people think are good and I guess I know how to play the piano so I guess I'm supposed to play the piano and be the guy that made those albums."

guys help I can go see him tonight but I'll have to shell out $150 to pay for me and my dad's tickets

idk if it's worth it

it might be your last chance
it definitely will be your last chance to hear any pet sounds songs live

He can't sing well these days and a majority of the Pet Sounds/SMiLE songs don't transfer well to live performances imo. He doesn't even play piano live.

DON'T

FUCK

WITH

Despite my comments in , go! Don't miss the opportunity to see and hear the genius himself in reality.

THE

>who is george martin
>what is classical music

FORMULA

FORMULA

Just realized he always wore that dumb hat to hide his receeding hairline lol

Strangely enough they were never interested in writing songs not with their standard band instrumentation until George Martin and Lennon-McCartney heard Pet Sounds.

>actually thinking either of those songs is better than surf's up

kek

you are such a dumb fuck. paul himself said that pet sounds directly influenced the beatles in terms of key changes in the middle of songs (see god only knows and then paul's here there and everywhere)

"Yesterday" came out way before Pet Sounds

martin convinced mccartney to add that string quartet, but even then it's not heavily orchestrated at all. nothing like the pet sounds stuff or later beatles

>t. Ian MacDonald

Paul just didn't want any vibrato to avoid it being "schmaltzy like Mantovani"

Vibrato and orchestration aren't the same thing

>he hasn't listened to From Me to You or I Want to Hold Your Hand

I think he means genuine modulations and not just switching to a foreign chord.

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Wild Honey>Rubber Soul, Revolver, Sgt. Pepper

Problem?

>Surfs Up nowhere to be found
Problem.

>penny lane is good
>strawberry fields isnt
Are you fucking kidding me?

Omitted due to Wild Honey being present

Not sure about Wild Honey > Sgt. Pepper though

>I Want to Hold Your Hand
this. there isn't any modulation in i want to hold your hand

Greater yet...

TVU&N, WL/WH>Anything else from the 60s

Not meant to pit each album together, rather the band's respective strongest 3 albums

Ah, okay. On the strength of 'Til I Die I think Surf's Up is in contention for being their 3rd best album though. Wild Honey or Love You either 4th or 5th.

Other way around

Both are good. Strawberry Fields edges it though.