youtube.com/watch?v=GQQYaXKUa4s
youtube.com/watch?v=D8PeDsO0vGo
youtube.com/watch?v=fyV4pY3wGME
youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Reddit thinks Logic, G-Eazy and RTJ are all gods
Has your site always been shit?

backup, RTJ is good

Logic and RTJ are good. G-Easy is awful.

Earned.

All of them are shit. Hip hop is shit.

No, his name is Jeffery.

confirmed

>Logic is good

Then explain these.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivFSgcv4_Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=lYLwcJ1ScpU
youtube.com/watch?v=GVuk8R_kzlQ
youtube.com/watch?v=_jLkDIY4qmg

Ok, I laughed.

I didn't Sup Forums was a single person.

>good artists can't make bad songs

>Sup Forums thinks lil b is a good rapper
I just come here to remind myself why i dont take none of y'all seriously when it comes to hip hop taste.

I've literally never met someone irl who listens to G-Eazy
Who are his fans

You didn't WHAT, mothafucka? Are you speaking English to me rn you shitskin bastard?

>his lyrics don't read like an essay on the black struggle so he's a bad rapper

Fuck off back to r*ddit

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

>Sup Forums thinks Nas is a good rapper

white high school/college girls

>to me rn
what

>songs
someone didnt click the links!!

He's such a nerd jesus. And how red he gets.

He's gonna age horribly. Sucks cuz he's not that bad of a rapper

Young Thug's experimentation with melody and pitch over eerie, sparse, often psychedelic beats, pulls you through an underwater dimension - almost like playing Mario on promethazine.

Thug's lyrics are spontaneous, playful and creative; he can make a legit analogy out of the most outlandish things.

He goes out of his way to be different, experiments out of joy for his craft.
Also most people fail to understand that everything about thugger's music is meant to be listened to in an altered state of mind

He uses his voice like an instrument and focuses on short non-sequiters as opposed to an overarching story for this reason

LEAN LIKE MY MUHFUCKING GRANNY DID

NO I'M NOT GAY I FUCK BITCHES ON BITCHES I WHIP OUT SHE SUCK ON MY PRIVATE

IMMA RIDE IN THAT PUSSY LIKE A STROLLER

I GOT FISH I'M A LAKE

SKRR

MY TEETH WHITE LIKE A TOILET TISSUE

I'm sorry what was your argument again? Young thug is the conclusion of music. It just can't get better after this.

>I GOT FISH I'M A LAKE
My child that's a double entendre.
Fish also referring to pure cut cocaine
and also Fish like fish in lakes

What track is this from?

go upvote some youtube comments about REAL rap, do you hate fun or something? do you think everything in music is lyricism? or you just never heard one of his albums (5 times) and came here to shitpost like a fucking retard?

They're lyrics from different songs.

Underground rappers > Comercial rappers.

The underground doesn't exist anymore.

We're in an era where you don't have to be a commercial artist and get huge hits to gain a large following.

if you can't appreciate what thugger's doing you have no taste

>pasta

It does, you just have to keep digging.

Wow. He's the best of our generation. His lyricism can't be matched.

>muh lyrics

Logic is the epitome of "rappity rap"

He seems like a nice guy buy he brings absolutely nothing new or interesting to the table.

youtube.com/watch?v=GQQYaXKUa4s

Explain this.

it's the same part that thinks kanye is good. just children really

not gonna argue with that.

and what artists of this generation have brought anything new/interesting to the table? and if so, what exactly did they bring?

There literally has never been a hip-hop artist that sounds anything like Jeffery.

by sound, do you mean the raunchy, irritating, high pitched voice that he has in his songs? Wayne. Chance. Wiley. Boosie.

are you ?

>muh lyrics mean nothing

>Wayne
Similar voices but the way they use their voices is completely different

>Chance
Not at all.

>Wiley
Is there another rapper named Wiley I don't know about who doesn't have a deep British accent that sounds nothing like Jeffery?

>Boosie
Not at all.

sure, user. anyways, would you like to answer my question from ?

First I'd like to know why you think this sounds anything like Jeffery.

youtube.com/watch?v=D8PeDsO0vGo
youtube.com/watch?v=fyV4pY3wGME

Lil B - Brought irony and a sense of humor as well as just kind of flow of though lyracism

Cheif Keef - Brough swagger and emphasis on being a genuine criminal

Danny Brown - Brought more emphasis to concept albums with strict adherence to their concept. Also brought stressed being as ridiculously expressive as possible with the emotions you're trying to portray.

Black hippy - Just reaffirmed the value of concept albums in the mainstream.

Earl Sweatshirt - Basically modernized and simplified Doom's appeal while doing really interesting polyrhythmic flows. Also took a refreshing minimalism approach to production with an emphasis on minimal yet complex rhythms.

Thugger (and future) - Really changed southern rap. Put more emphasis on swagger, flow and unique vocalization versus "classic" lyricism. Really stretched the boundaries of what being a "rapper" versus just being a "vocalist" can mean.

A$AP Ferg (on Trap Lord)- Made really tongue-in cheek, brutal gangster rap with a really coherent sonic theme. Basically played a ridiculous character really well.

Spaceghostpurpp - Kind of started the whole wave of hip hop revivalism that got popular in the early 2010s with Blvcklvnd Rvdix 66.6. It was an omage to early 3 6 tapes, and it's super lo-fi and grimy. Also started a vibrant underground rap scene by unifying south florida under the Raider Klan flag.

A$AP Yams - I don't think I need to expand on this, there's more than enough info on this online if you want to research. No one man except maybe kanye is more responsible for the state of modern hip hop.

Kanye - Yeah.

"flow of thought" lyracism*

also we're not the same guy

Kill yourself, the only meaningful thing thug has ever said is fuck cancer

>ride in the pussy
Never heard anyone say that clearly bait if you think any of his lyrics are good
Omg wow that's so deep dude

How can people not be excited about what thugger is rapping? fuck, i love how it flows and i think his persona is great.

how he is rapping*

>lyrics have to be meaningful

>when a white hipster gets into hip hop

>I'm gonna listen to a dumbfuck coon making me lose brain cells
Go listen to famous dex and lil Uzi champ

lol that whole song is meaningful idiot

>surprise
I'm black.
>surprise
You're racist.

muh lyricism

I'M A LYRICAL MIRACLE SPIRITUAL INDIVIDUAL

PULL MY THESAURUS OUT MY BACKPACK; I'M THE BEST RAPPER VISIBLE

Keep telling yourself that buddy
Keep losing brain cells dipshit
Yuh I got the drip from my walk(20x)
Yea yea yea (5x)
Fucking pathetic losers like you gave these dumbfucks careers

There's no substance behind his style. In the end, it just makes him your average generic rapper.

Name one rapper with vocal melodies as good as thugger's

youtube.com/watch?v=IiNNBc557OQ7
kek

>thug's vocal melodies
>good

Now I understand why everyone talks shit about this board...

>he unironically linked a Hopsin video

Fucking hell.

I don't give a fuck about vocal melodies, that's not why I listen to rap Jesus Christ If I'm not talking to a girl right now than you're pathetic

>you

this is the best song in hopsin's whole discography

also remember that hopsin is just now jumping on the trap bandwagon after shitting on trap almost his whole career lmao

That was pretty funny.

You still haven't explained why you compared Young Thug to Wiley.

It's easily the most hilarious comparison I've heard.

>Black Portland [self-released download, 2014]
>It's catchy. It's amoral. It's seductive. It's funny as shit. It's mixtape-era Lil Wayne sans, er, redeeming social value, by which I guess I mean wordplay. Over beats both spare and weird, greatest alien alive Thug trades japes with the lower-pitched and more consonant-friendly ATLien Jay: vile promises as regards sex, violence, and the joy of cooking, some brutally boilerplate and some scabrously imaginative, delivered with purple-derped, rosé-dazed, dizzed-out, carpet-soiling, carpet-chewing insouciance. It's so far beyond Thug's strangest full-lengths--although not works of genius like "Picachu" or "Angry Sex"--that I was tempted to credit it to Bloody Jay until I gave up on his Get It in Blood mixtape halfway through. True, Jay does deliver such indelible hooks as "I don't give no fucks" and "We bang we bang we bang," but musically these sound like Thug's even so. Jay does, however, embody the overarching theme: Bloods the gang rather than blood the squandered bodily fluid, the kind of Bloods who pronounce "cool" "bool" because hard C's are bursewords, or so Thug tells us. You should be glad you can't make out the lyrics. Bloods, Crips--most humans don't see much difference. A

Yea because having good lyrics sure is boring, God it's like y'all don't even think about yalls argument

>letting white people review rap
>basically this board's problem

I feel like Hopsin is hated not because of his music, but because he is an autistic douchebag (cant deny that). Its cool to hate him so you actually ignore that this parody is actually really funny and on point.

serious =/= good
fun =/= bad

>saying y'all to sound black so we take you seriously
ok

Why do people think Young Thug is so original
He's basically just Ol Dirty Bastard x Lil Wayne

Wtf you sound so fucking stupid I'm from Texas you dumbfuck it's not a black thing at all kill yourself

You're on a board full of contrarian white people.

>He's basically just Ol Dirty Bastard x Lil Wayne
yeah and thats a bad thing??

Reading comprehension must be hard.

haha ok bro

I mean nobody else has ever sounded like a mix between those two before, and I think that's a fairly shallow assessment. Somewhat true if you've listened to him a bit but doesn't hold up totally under further scrutiny.

>mfw Sup Forums is now full of normies

>now

Why do you listen to rap then?

for me, it was the same people who listened to twentyonepilots

>Mario

why the hell is mario mentioned, are you referring to chiptune? wut?

>being an ironic young thug fan

you are cancer, fucking leave

lil b is also significant because of how extensively he utilized the internet

up until the late 2000s, hip hop existed mainly in geographic scenes, and for the most part the style of rap you made was dependent on where in the country you were from. lil b turned that on its head. for lil b, his geographic region is basically "the internet"

because of the pleasant sound spectrum and random cool lyrical moments, obviously

todays rap is to solid though, it need more liquification
The developement of trap sound was a good progress though

what would you fucking use your voice as in music besides an instrument

That reminds me, will there be another Black Portland mixtape and whatever happened to Bloody Jay?

>tfw rappers from new york dont sound like they're from new york anymore

>The developement of trap sound was a good progress though

It really wasn't. All it did was just spawn more generic rappers who just rap about the same shit all the time with the occasional nice beat and production that's utterly wasted.

>A$AP Yams - I don't think I need to expand on this
please do

>generic rappers who just rap about the same shit all the time with the occasional nice beat and production that's utterly wasted.

this sentence could be used to describe the vast majority of hip hop at literally any time throughout its existence

Are you fucking retarded? The entirety of the southern United States says y'all.
Clearly you're irreparably insecure about your taste in music.

Reminder that T.I. is the only good trap rapper