International chess thread

Play with people from all over the world!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/AncientChess/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=vS_yagozyy4
youtube.com/watch?v=GFUfscMAZ7w
youtube.com/watch?v=wUZAyFpMQxw
chess.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody will know or care that I procrastinate just a little by wrecking this noob.

It'll only take five minutes.

Take the bait?

what?

bump

I collect chess sets.

Post a picture of your favorite one.

I like these sets I get from a guy in Hungary. They are called the Coffee House style.

I'm not a huge fan, seems kind of hard to differentiate pieces.

Do you have any neat marble/glass ones?

World championship first match today.

I don't collect that sort of set. But you may find this channel interesting:
youtube.com/user/AncientChess/videos

>being a cuck who watches others

>implying i'll watch two men sitting
LMAO

>blacks
>having a king piece
WE

I need help with the sicilian and london system pls

Anyone not a noob here who can help?

REEE

awww thanks m8

bump

10 years ago bought this in brit

looks p cool

I don't hate koreans now

God damn that's sexy.

SHOULD I PLAY THE CARO KHAN OR THE FRENCH DEFENSE IN RESPOND TO E4????

HELLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Caro-Kahn Defence
(e4 c6, with 2 d4 d5 to follow)

A very solid defence, with plenty of sharp variations for those looking for them. Compared with the French, Black does not block in his queen's bishop, but the drawback is that, apart from supporting the pawn moving to d5, the move ...c7-c6 is not terribly useful. The sharpest response is the Advance Variation (3 e5 Bf5) with 4 Knc3, preparing 5 g4 and a pawn cxd5 4 c4 has many adherents amongst classically-inclined players. The main line of the Caro-Kann runs 3 Knc3 dxe4 4 knxe4, when Black has a number of methods of nullifying White's spatial plus: 4...Knf6, which counterattacks at the cost of structure; 4...Knd7 intending 5...Kng6 and methodical exchanges; and 4...Bf5 5 Kng3 Bg6, which aims for "full-employment" of the black pieces.

The Caro-Kann has been a favourite of a number of world champions, most notably Karpov in recent years, though Kasparov played it occasionally as a junior.

TRAP: Caro-Kann with 5...exf6 (...Qe7+, ...Qb4+)

1 e4 c6
2 d4 d5
3 Knc3 dxe4
4 Knxe4 Knf6
5 Knxf6+ exf6
6 c4 Qe7+!

This is a good equalizing idea.

7 Be3??

7 Qe2 Be6 8 Bxe6 Qxe6 9 Qxe6+ fxe6 leads to an extremely boring endgame where Black has nothing to fear, while 7 Be2 is obviously a concession. Thus White, having played the apparently aggressive move 6 Bc4, may be tempted into a fatal mistake. Of course, 7 Kne2?? Qb4+ is just as bad.

7 ... Qb4+

Black wins a piece for nothing.

I am aware of one grandmaster coming very close to losing a piece in this fashion (the same theme, but in a slightly different setting). It is not so easy to see the idea, since "normally" in the opening there would be some way to parry the check while defending the bishop, but with White's queen's knight no longer extant, there is no way to save the bishop.

Where did he find this?

Why do some people play the French then? If this is so much better?

I transcribed it onto my computer from my chess manual.

People play the French defense because they are uncertain if the opponent knows the counter-moves to the Caro-Kahn.

The opening strategy is just one part of the game. There is still the middle and end game. So, who knows?

I need to learn every opening

I'm bad at them

Why do people play the Scandinavian btw? Seems like worst opening, no wonder Swedes are cucks who suck bbc bulls

>why do some people play the French then?
French are easy to beat and surrender quickly.

It's like taking candy from a baby.

TRAP: Scandinavian, Caro-Kann theme de Firmian - Owen
Las Vegas 1995

1 e4 d5
2 exd5 Qxd5
3 Knc3 Qa5
4 d4 Knf6
5 Knf3 Bf5
6 Bd2 c6
7 Kne4 Qc7
8 Knxf6+ gxf6
9 g3 e6
10 Bg2 Knd7
11 0-0 Be4
12 Re1 f5

Black decides to maintain his bishop on e4, but there is a tactical flaw. The idea seen in this game is also relevant to the 3 Knc3 dxe4 4 Knxe4 Knf6 5 Knxf6+ gxf6 line of the Caro-Kann.

13 Kng5! Bxg2?
14 Rxe6+! Be7

14 ... fxe6 15 Qh5+ Kd8 16 Knxe6+ wins the queen.

15 Qh5 Rf8 16 Kxg2

16 Rae1 is also very strong.

16 ... Knf6 17 Rxf6 Bxf6 18 Knxh7 0-0-0 19 Knxf8 1-0

19 Knxf8 Rxf8 20 Qxf5+ picks up the bishop.

he's an aspie

So is the defense bad then?

Or does it make the opponent into a Frenchman who will surrender?

the latter one

Su-weet

I watched a lesson by a german muslim refugee on how to play the frenxh defense well against responses to it

But I wasn't sure if it's a troll or not

Caro Kann.

So is the french good or for fags

I need to know, I'm preparing to battle a nigger and if I win ill kick his teeth in not figuratively but literally.

WHY?

The french seems good too!

>WHY?
Make some research on it faggot, don't ask to be spoonfed. Just typing Caro Kann to youtube gives you dozens of videos explaining it. You can't improve your opening strategy without a lot of studying and lots of training. Here are some people,

GM Ben Finegold the fat meme man
>youtube.com/watch?v=vS_yagozyy4

Dereque Kelley the faggy nigger
>youtube.com/watch?v=GFUfscMAZ7w

Some other dude
>youtube.com/watch?v=wUZAyFpMQxw

And more importantly, get a book to study.

What book?

I downloaded "think like a grandmaster" but it's written in Chinese or something. I cant understand what the FUCK he is saying

I used to play the fago kann a little but I wanted to learn new ones and french seemed better than some muslim terrorist opening

Bump I. Need hslp

Choose me a good defense as black

I don't want the sicilian anymore idk how to play

>choose me a good defense as black
just muh dick the other player if you start losing.

if your opponent actually has a small dick then his insecurity should throw him off guard and allow you to take momentary advantage of the situation to adjust your pieces for a final attack

if your opponent is psychologically stable throughout the entire match and actually has a big dick, then you are fucked.

Where do you guys play online chess? I play at chess.com

lichess