Wow, i guess after all these years we're finally back to the Metallica of old...

Wow, i guess after all these years we're finally back to the Metallica of old. I swear there's even hints of Mustaine shining through in places.
Hetfield's lyrics are elegant poetry, Lar's drumming is tight with lashings of double kick while Hammets lead work is inspired but effortless.
Album cover's a bit weird though.

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Xys_LVaf8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FSXEfSlxJjY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>no comments on the bass

Yeah, sorry, just like the days of old, you can't hear the bass.

>hints of Mustaine
>actually is Mustaine

What the?!?

JUST

Metallica 1983-1988
>variety of riffs from decent to excellent
>trying to be 'progressive' and 'shocking' from time to time
>have no idea how to edit songs, some end up way too long or have random breaks

Metallica 1990-1997
>songs that are too much too the point
>start writing the same sort of riffs over and over
>decide to make two Alice in Chains B-side albums

St.Anger
>decent riffs
>shit everything else

Metallica now
>stale riffs
>stale lyrics
>still no idea how to compose a fucking song

How in the shit do you release a demo of Lords of Summer that is 12 fucking minutes long and doesn't go anywhere, THEN release a 3 minute song that is one riff and variations thereof?

the worst part is that people are eating that shit up just because they're playing something remotely resembling thrash metal

it's absolutely garbage
horrible song and not really thrash

come over for real thrash from the best dudes
youtube.com/watch?v=FSXEfSlxJjY

Metallica died to me when they hired Bob Rock and started making radio-friendly hymns. They already earned a shit ton of money to that point and James and Kirk just didn't want to bother with complex riffs and melodies, no, they took the easy road. I do realize they were getting older and growing out of rebellious phase, some call it evolution, but then here they are, well in their 50s, hundreds of millions dollars on their bank accounts, and suddenly they want to revive the 80s? FUCK! YOU! Hypocrites, all of them, fuck geriatric "metal".

>It's another Metallica thread
Let go

>literally this
If you take 'Justice', the pinnacle of their technical songwriting imo, and compared it to what they've written since, you'd think it was two completely different bands.
The music just became a lazy, ego driven cash grab. A bit like Foo Fighters when you think about it.

I still think Metallica is overrated though. Once listened to Master Of Puppets from beginning to end and I never really got into it. Not bad, but still. It's not like I don't like 80's metal. In fact, I love 80's metal. Especially Def Leppard, Van Halen, and Motley Crue. I even like a few songs from Slayer and Megadeth. But I never got into Metallica.

>It's another Metallica thread
>It's another anco
>It's another soundcloud thread
>It's another Deathgrips thread
>It's another Kanye thread
>It's another Radiohead thread

I could do this all day but I think you get the picture.

80's metal

>Def Leppard
>Van Halen
>Motley Crue
>implying they were ever good

is this bait?

>van halen
UGGGH

>I know absolutely nothing about 80's metal

>Implying anything else other than Manowar matters for the 80s

Homo

Hetshit will never be trve

>plunderphonics Metallica+Megadeth

STOP IT

STOP IT

STOP

IT

Agreed. Metallica is a shell of their former shelf. That's why I only like the song St. Angers. Because it's cook to dance to.

As long as people don't say that it sounds like anything on the first 4 albums, I'm gonna ignore it.

It actually sounds uncannily like like 'Peace Sells' tbqhfam
I guess James finally realized Dave was the better man.

>It actually sounds uncannily like like 'Peace Sells' tbqhfam
no it doesn't
in any way
what the fuck is wrong with you

Dave>James

Dude, are you listing to the same song?

>chorus literally says 'peace sells', but whose buying'
It must be hard trying to discuss music when you're clinically deaf.

are you seriously implying most of 80's glam metal was good?

Are you seriously implying glam metal was the only subgenre of metal in the 80's?

what? it is pretty obvious I was just mocking the guy who was claiming that Van Halen, Def Leppard and Motley Crue were good compared to Metallica. Not saying that 80's metal was bad or anything.

And as a response to your question,, 80's thrash, speed and 1st wave black metal are my favourite.

are metalheads super competitive about which subgenres they like the best because they listen to too much hyper-aggro-alpha-male cringecore, or do they listen to hyper-aggro-alpha-male cringecore because they want to be competitive about something that doesn't require being actually strong or tough?

Hey man, say what you want about Motley Crue and Van Halen, but Pyromania is one of the best metal albums of all time.

there was plenty of good glam

def leppard's Hysteria is a goddamn masterpiece

what the fuck are you talking about

:^)

>Alice in Chains B-side albums
This is pretty accurate. It's why I love those albums though. I'm going to start using that description to explain it to people.