DUDE A SKULL IN THAT GUYS EYE ART LMAO

this album is both mucore and p4kcore

maybe pitchfork, but who gives a fuck it's good. it's not mucore tho

I got recommended this album by Sup Forums while tripping

On the old essentials chart
On the new essentials chart

severely overrated

Is this/mu/core?

I must have incredibly high standards because all of these "god tier" albums just barely scrape being okay to me.

ok mr. I'm better than everyone else

name your favorite music

That mediocre p.o.s. was very popular here back when it came out.

Silver Mt. Zion Horses in the Sky

I don't care if it's Sup Forumscore. Nothing else comforts me as much in a way when I'm sad.

MHTRTC, Ballroom Stories by Waldeck, Death Magic by HEALTH, Past is Prologue by Tycho, generally Kanye West

I enjoy all of those but I acknowledge they aren't always "god tier" as far as quality goes.

>aren't always "god tier"
May Yeezus have mercy on your soul

What did he mean by this?

Wtf it took me until now

These two used to be Sup Forumscore right?

That album still is!

you probably just have different taste.
for me, most of those are below average

Is DeerHunter the most overrated band?
It's the most stereotypical indie shit ever, none of their songs are memorable
>Lol yeah we're inspired by shoegaze, krautrock, and alternative rock of decades past
>And I'm gay, and I'm dying of a disease too

Literally no one will discover this band in 15+ years and be inspired or wowed by them

Are The Monkees Sup Forumscore? I don't think so.

Agreed. The only remotely interesting thing about this band is Bradford Cox's appearance. To me they're only a tiny step above any given pitchfork's generic flavor of the month. The music is just so unremarkable.

YHF was/is third-tier Sup Forumscore (To put in into perspective, ITAOTS and TMS are first-tier while something like Have One On Me is second tier.) while ICHTHBAO and Microcastles were/are just reasonably well liked/p4kcore.

Really though I fucking hate everyone trying to push in Sup Forumscore like it's something that you want or don't want. The vast majority of the albums on the old or new list are on their because of memes and not necessarily the quality of the music by itself. Fuck, something like is going to end up on some arbitrary list in a year's time since it's constantly posted non-stop while nobody gave a fuck about it for years. Midori's probably going down a similar route since "loltheresanimeboobiesandjazzpunklolgoto'scrazy". Nobody on here cared about DG until Fantano reviewed them, and now you can't have a sensible thread without some fucking retard posting stupid inane shit like usual.

>Post god-tier non-Sup Forumscore albums
>Posts Sup Forums-core albums

Nah they are good. Think of ever other indie rock/pop p4k act with clean and overdriven guitars. They aren't as interesting as Deerhunter. They may not be groundbreaking in anyway but they do make good music and have great production.

Nah they're great, the earlier stuff more so though. Cox can write a hit and has done so on several occasions. His best stuff is when he's trying to write something that sounds timeless, it seems like. Just off the top of my head, I can see a song like Criminals (Atlas Sound) or Game of Diamonds getting rediscovery praise and cover versions come next generation.

That's retarded and you are too.

They're a generic easy to digest boy band. They aren't good because they're old.

fuck off mate

came here to get some cool music to listen to

god fucking dammit guys

On what?

i will shill this album until i die

>literally no 10/10s itt
WEW
E
W

post 'em boyo

Here you go

Actually great album coming through

this

Highly praised here, but not quite Sup Forumscore

literally nobody that isn't a nip knows about Fishmans outside of Sup Forums and RYM

nice thread no really I mean it

Except it is Sup Forumscore, and thus shouldn't be on this list

A 10/10

>On the new essentials chart
Can someone pot this? I am quire aware that I can search it on the archive, and you are quite aware that if you have it you are being more convenient to me. Don't you want to help? I'm sure you do. One of these days you will think back and realize that you have triggered some chain reaction when you allowed me to discover what the collective Sup Forums, yet again, considered to be essential listening. You see, I like the collective Sup Forums's tastes.

:^)

reread my post and reconsider my implications

Yes actually. Cut off "I Love You" and you've got a 10/10 album.

i love you

Chart for reference