what did you think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BCFo0a8V-Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=cV4GAlI4C_Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

incredible

This band sucks

fuck you buddy

I was one of the handful Americans that watched it. It was great and I am so fucking proud to have French-Canadian blood in me. I didn't know anything about this band and tonight was actually the first time I heard anything from them but it was still dope. Long live Canada. Long live Gord.

F

The feels when...

When he dies does Canada even have a culture anymore?

Lots of Americans love the Hip. I live in Michigan, and they always sold out when in Detroit.

Come home white man.

They still have The Goofball and Trudeau. And Nardwuar. And Gretzky. And Drake.

Yes you faggot. You Americans are pathetic.

Michigan is basically Canada anyways

tired joke, mate

I'm Canadian, kek.

>Drake

Jesus christ, I'm moving to Switzerland.

Not a joke. I'm serious. The Hip are part of the national identity, who will step in to fill that void? Fucking Nickelback? Drake? Kill me now.

decent performance, Gord looked fucking tired though

The Weakerthans
The Constantines
Rheostatics
Sarah Harmer
Leonard Cohen
Barenaked Ladies
Bruce Cockburn
Blue Rodeo
Cowboy Junkies
Sloan
Joel Plaskett
Attack in Black
Death From Above 1979

...to name a few.

Fuck off m8

Also yes I watched the show and it was so insanely good. Sad at first, but by the end I was just so happy to see these guys, and was feeling thankful for their contribution to music.

youtube.com/watch?v=BCFo0a8V-Ag

Don't forget Grimes

lol true i guess >:)

Literally no

You're listing Canadian musicians, but we all know that the closest person on that list to what the Hip are in Canada is Leonard Cohen, and most of the population doesn't know or listen to him anyway.

It was amazing, I cried, and I love everyone who was in the threads posting. Thanks bros.

That might be true, but everyone that I listed deserved the respect and love that the Hip get/got.

so where do I begin album-wise if want to get into The Hip? I'm guessing dual Canadian citizenship happens after that

I'd say Day for Night, personally.

Start from the beginning. There aren't that many, and they all have some great tracks.

Hard to go wrong with Fully Completely, either.

Up to Here, Day for Night, Fully Completely, and Phantom Power are all great. Anyone of those are a good place to start

they have like 13 albums

>Weedman is our culture now

yeah but like....compared to rush. you know?

Sloan does have that status, I think, not to as great of a degree. And maybe if Bruce Cockburn got brain cancer he'd also get a show like this.

Yeah, it was impossible to groiw up here without knowing them. whether you loved them or not (most did), they were inescapable.

You missed road apples.

Start with Fully Completely and then work your way out in either direction (forward and backward) in their discography.

Protip: Listen to them on road trips, and with Canadians if at all possible

my faves hung it up in 14

o yeah my bro. get in here. you and i have some bonding to do.

talk shit about gretzky?
>really?

I'll give it a pass since it's not music but you forgot Trailer Park Boys. Also baka at leaving off Rush.

definitely

>talk shit about gretzky?

Hey unless you're from Edmonton you have every reason to hate Gretzky.

He was breddy gud do.

postin my favourite hip song:youtube.com/watch?v=cV4GAlI4C_Q

I don't hate Gretzky and I'm a hockey fan, but what has he actually done since 2001?

If you're from Winnipeg or Vancouver or Calgary you have every reason to hate Gretzky for killing your stanley cup dreams. Also that time Gretzky tried to steal the final puck from the last Winnipeg Jets (1.0) game.

I just realized that it's the way he does vibrato why I like his singing. A A A A A A A A A a a a a a a a aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Why can't we just throw Gord into the Weapon X program to cure his cancer ;_;

>band plays "last show"
>not really last show

You faggots are retarded

>On May 24, 2016, the band announced that Gord Downie had been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.[11] The band also announced that, despite Downie's condition, they would tour that summer.[12] The tour faced controversy, as most presale tickets were almost immediately scooped up by scalpers and immediately listed for resale on StubHub at up to 2,000 per cent markup over face value.[13]

Calgary won a Stanley cup...

And Grimes!

saw the livestream and instantly started crying when he was screaming and crying during grace too

literally who