This is the best punk album of all time

This is the best punk album of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tfdkLenbSdI
youtube.com/watch?v=OiemfQDC1pE
youtube.com/watch?v=1MVtVneHpvE
youtube.com/watch?v=oEJSe8vutnM
youtube.com/watch?v=CEToKGfjlmM
youtube.com/watch?v=6nE8DFaxd94
youtube.com/watch?v=4bbD22M-xWc
youtube.com/watch?v=fwJCUn0ndwA
youtube.com/watch?v=QbZdfTp3JM8
youtube.com/watch?v=4AMDU-qVDfE
youtube.com/watch?v=1VzIvIacMSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

>there's a post on the cover
>it's actually post punk

THINK OF UH NUM BUH

it's actually mission of burma's vs but you almost got it

>a band has to be one genre
>post punk is not punk

here it is again

and it's called

1 2 X U!

Nah not even close. Too many tracks just waste time with very few developments, particularly can be seen in the drums.

Minutemen perfected these flaws in Double Nickels On A Dime by making sure everyone's top tier musician before making the damn album.

>le music is all about technical ability meme

I like Minutemen too, but really? this is punk for fuck's sake

SAW YOU IN A MAG
SMOKIN A FAG

That doesn't make parts that meander (you know, the OPPOSITE of what punk should do?) excusable.

If we're talking about like during their time, then yeah

Literally what? I'm not commenting on DNOAD aside from saying that I don't like it, but Pink Flag is all about getting the songs built with minimal input. You could even say that its about the efficiency of the hook.
Agreed. DamnedDamnedDamned is close.

HOW MANY DEAD OR ALIVE

LOOTING, BURNING, RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPEEE

This album is great. Songs kinda short though.

I love the guitars on this album, sounds so ahead of their time for some reason

It's good, but chairs missing is better imo

Lion tamer is masterpiece

154 is my most listened to Wire album.

I like you

Not even the best Wire record.

It's not post-punk.

What is the best then.
I agree that pink flag isn't their best, but it is definitely close

What is it then`?

Punk, it was made during the original wave, and with that mindset.

Their original run of three is entirely unfuckwithable.

not who you were replying to, but i agree it was punk but from what i've heard it doesn't seem like it was made with the same mindset as the typical punk musicians of the time

154 > Chairs Missing > Dome 1 > Document and Eyewitness > P'o > The Ideal Copy > Dome 2 > Yclept > Snakedrill > Dome 3 > Pink Flag > A Bell is a Cup > Duet Emmo > Will You Speak This Word > It's Beginning to and Back Again > Cupol > The rest

Reuters is the only good track.

>waste time
>most tracks are under two minutes

>Too many tracks just waste time with very few developments, particularly can be seen in the drums.

It is literally punk music. Berating it for having simple drums is like complaining the Ramones use too few chords

The guitar sound on the title track is godly desu

I found this boring compared to 154.
Going to listen to Chairs Missing soon.

Pink Flag
>woahhh punk rawk is awsom
Chairs Missing
>le quirky spork
>i habe 2 personality, nicest guy and twisted fucking psychopath

>154
How does it feel to have great taste?
Map Ref is one of my favourite songs.

Feels great, I feel it in my fingers, my toes, my breakfast, even in my clothes.
I feel it in my sofa, my chair, my toothbrush and sometimes in my hair.

>wire thread on Sup Forums with more than two replies
guys

I hope you don't think that Wire are an obscure band only a few people know about

>154
>i habe 2 personality, nicest guy and twisted fucking psychopath
lel, accurate

They're not, but Sup Forums fucking never talks about them.

Read about the album more, the bad says that fancy drums weren't what they wanted, but that was all about precision

The guitar sound on this album is up there with the best.

Do you even like punk? Minutemen are great but lmao

I've listened to a bunch of punk but in the end I only really like Wipers.

Hey, looks like you slipped on the keyboard and wrote Wipers instead of Wire.

Actually THIS is THE BEST punk album of all time but you have good taste in music. Pink Flag is in the top ten. I'd even go so far as to suggest that it's a very close second.

Pink Flag is punk for dipshit indie kids who don't know anything about punk.
Try venturing outside of Pitchfork lists and RYM ratings for once.

Teach us oh great punk patrician.

Crossing the Red sea with the Adverts

no, THIS is the absolute epitome of punk additude and style

that album is not punk but post punk

punk threads on Sup Forums are always so embarrassing

PINK FLAG IS NOT FUCKING POST PUNK YOU FUCKING POSER LOSER
what do you mean?

It's one of the first post-punk records just as "unknown pleasures"

you're emberrassing yourself. That's like saying London Calling is post punk just because it popped up at the time post punk was being created. It's a phenominal punk record but it has nothing to do with post punk, at all.

They're always teenage shut-ins circlejerking over the same 10 albums from the 70's and 80's, it gets old real fast.

That or it's a bunch of hipsters who only listen to whatever Pitchfork/Noisey spoonfeeds them and refuses to regard anything else as "punk".

Then place some recs like instead of just watching the circle jerk if Pink Flag is punk or post-punk.

You amerifats are funny. 90% of "the best punk bands" on Sup Forums are american whats just absurd. Do you actually know any punk bands besides black flag, minor threat, no trend or dead kennedys? "Best punk bands" are not only from the united states.

>inb4 wire (its post-punk btw) and sex pistols

Best Wire song not on their first 3 albums?

youtube.com/watch?v=tfdkLenbSdI

I have a question, are there anymore piano-based punk albums/songs out there like pic related?

Can do.

Anyone listen to this? One of my fave releases from last year.

Record three chords on the piano and start shouting some "fuck everything" lyrics and youve got some piano hardcore punk

Country Teasers is the best punk act out there right now, I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=OiemfQDC1pE

youtube.com/watch?v=1MVtVneHpvE

Pink Flag
>punk
Chairs Missing
>transforming into post-punk
>post-punk

This is punk:
youtube.com/watch?v=oEJSe8vutnM

This is post-punk:
youtube.com/watch?v=CEToKGfjlmM

>double nickels is better than pink flag

Back then punks couldn't afford pianos and they're to big to steal.

This is punk:
youtube.com/watch?v=6nE8DFaxd94

This is post-punk:
youtube.com/watch?v=4bbD22M-xWc

DO YOU SEE NOW? DO YOU SEE NOW MISTER LOUNDS?

THIS IS PUNK:
youtube.com/watch?v=fwJCUn0ndwA

THIS IS POST-PUNK:

youtube.com/watch?v=QbZdfTp3JM8

DO YOU SEE NOW MISTER LOUNDS!!!!!!! DO YOU SEE NOWW???!?!??

kek

No either this or the first two New York Dolls albums are

The U.S. version is goat

lost

i fucking loved it
have you listed to Trapped Under Ice? some of the same guys

hey osvald har du set den her thread ? hahha

The album is full of short tracks, but even for the time per track there aren't enough changes happening. Like shit even like say...Nervous Breakdown's title track has like an extra change outside the main riff in it and it's a minute long track. Pink Flag's short tracks repeat one riff ad Nauseam. Also

>it's punk so it has to be stupid simple
Yeah, cuz bands that were initially called punk like Stooges, Suicide, and Television were totally that one dimensional. Like shit Pink Flag would maybe work in being this stupidly simple if it was s more visceral punk album, but it isn't even that visceral. They are no Black Flag or Minor Threat in that regard.

Yeah dude, I love it. All that Baltimore hardcore stuff is top-tier.

You heard Angel Du$t? It's got half the lineup of TUI and Turnstile in it, but they're more regular punk instead of hxc, good shit though.

So for punk to be good to you it has to be progressive (rofling) or really angry?

It has to have something, anything that makes it interesting. If there's nothing at all outside a muh micro song gimmick, nah it's not gonna be that interesting. I said visceral, not angry btw. Punk often work best either when someone's messing around with its format to create post-punk or emo or noise rock or w/e or when it's intense. Pink Flag has neither going for it.

damn...

i'm proud to be an indie kid.

Alla norskar, ut.

I don't think you get the point of punk
So you're the type of faggot who listens to pop music and expects to be wowed by harmonic complexity and instrumental virtuosity?
You're like one of those fags who think that the Beatles are good because muh chord progressions. If you want to analyze music, listen to classical. If you want to listen and enjoy it, listen to pop.
wew lad

>Le punk is supposed to be simple meme
I have already shown in this topic what I am talking about. The album's simplicity is not justified by its lack of visceral intensity like other great punk albums that take the simple route.

>The album's simplicity is not justified by its lack of visceral intensity like other great punk albums that take the simple route.
It actually is. All the songs are well constructed and fun to listen to and there are multiple great pop songs on the album (12XU, Ex Lion Tamer). If you get no visceral reaction from that you've probably been retarded by prog and sad folk

But they aren't well constructed though! I have been proving that the entire topic. They are too simple with too little happening to engage the listener fully.

And no I like actually visceral punk when I want something simple like Black Flag or Bad Brains (Ceremony for something more modern.) Funny you think I am some prog fag when I think you're far closer to being one for thinking this punk album for indie bitch boys is any good.

Question to all Pink Flag fags, what is your opinion about pic related? What do you think about the way they treated 12XU?

I fucking love this record, anything else like it?

Saying Pink Flag isn't well constructed is just objectively wrong though, you might not like it but the half the appeal is the fact that it's meticulously constructed while still being punk.

>objectively wrong
>meticulously constructed
Punk isn't the genre for you. Go check out some Dream Theater instead.

I'm not the one saying Pink Flag is too basic to be good.

You are liquid retardation

No,
That would be double nickels on the dime. Fire for love, or zen arcade

>best punk album
>no buzzcocks
>no the damned
>no barracudas
>no bad brains
>no x
>no germs
>not even wipers
>wire of all fucking bands

I fucking hate you Sup Forums.

>all this in-depth discussion about the least complicated wire album
What are you doing?

But it is though. It lacks depth to make it interesting in any way at all. Pink Flag is watered down punk for people who wanna punk but are too scared to punk.

>not even their best album
What are you doing?

Nah it's this one

>inb4 It's not punk it's proto-punk

modern lovers>

Since this is pretty much a Wire thread now, please, PLEASE, don't ignore this album. It's definitely on par with their well-known trilogy
youtube.com/watch?v=4AMDU-qVDfE
youtube.com/watch?v=1VzIvIacMSU

cunt nigger, forgot pic