Simple thread. Post the Band/Artist that really got you into music. They'll always have that special place in my heart

Simple thread. Post the Band/Artist that really got you into music. They'll always have that special place in my heart

I'm sorry my dudes. They're still my favorite, too.

I will always love these guys, and I know a lot of other anons will feel the same.

Move Along was on my big sister's iPod.

still listen to him

led zeppelin

not memeing

i think there are two

the beatles were the first band where i started obsessively reading their history, thinking comparatively about different albums, etc

but the first band i ever loved was beck. i listened to odelay in particular countless times as a kid. i didn't really understand any of it but i still loved it. that along with chumbawamba - tubthumper and a couple rage against the machine CDs are the first CDs i remember owning.

My dad really liked Talk Talk so I listened to them a lot in highschool. I found their evolution from The Party's Over to Laughing Stock to be just incredible so I became fascinated by music.

My dad also got me into Sparks. He's had some pretty good reccs over the years.

not an edgy school shooter

started me onto ebm, microhouse and krautrock

bump

i'll love their music forever

I don't like them as much now, and their recent stuff is pretty terrible, but I still listen to Origin of Symmetry and Absolution every now and then

Daft Punk or Broken Bells

that looks like a chinese bootleg of thom yorke

Still my favorite after nearly 10 years

this

>not memeing
don't be ashamed user. we all were prepubescent edgelords at some point in our lives.

DSotM was the first album I listened to.

Watain

Le 90s beatles, morning glory was my first album I listened the whole way through

A medley of these three. I still like all of them. Green Day a little less than the other two but Dookie still holds up desu senpai.

Nirvana and Metallica for me

dimebag's playing. also the rest of the band is insanely good

I remember in 6th grade my friend casey burned me a cd of the ramones, the misfits and the sex pistols.. I never looked at music the same way again.

Together with Iron Maiden and Blind Guardian.

Nothing wrong about liking Green Day to be honest.

green day is for 12 year old skater kids and faggots in general. mcfucking kill yourself.

I miss being younger

I started listening music with Green Day too, but i didn't get really into it until i started with Pink Floyd

Honestly, your comment makes you come off as a 12 year old kid.

fucking this. at 11 they were the first band I loved unabashedly. I looked up to them so much

not my favorite band anymore, but I still adore them. the run of albums from Caress of Steel to Power Windows is incredible in its consistency of quality

misfits with glenn danzig was damn awsome

I heard Green Day one late night in my old room in my old apartment. They were on MTV and it was the first time I heard alternative music and I loved it.

I was in elementary, 7th grade I think and before that I only knew about pop and never heard anything different. I thought all songs are about love and it made no sense to me.

I remember that night really well, it was late and I heard a real band.

I listened to them for a few months, used Bear Share and Limewire to find and download music.

After them, I heard Iron Maiden, Blind Guardian, Black Sabbath and stopped listening to Green Day and became a metalhead basically until the end of highschool or so when I started expanding my taste to other genres.

Sorry for the blogpost, but the thread made me nostalgic.

from age 15 to 17 i think i nearly exclusively listened to these guys

these plus pic related

woop!

Nirvana.

Growing up I loved what my parents listened to (my mom is obsessed with Elvis so mostly that) but one night I saw the video for Smells Like Teen Spirit on MTV and I was hooked. I'm from Washington State, and the fact they were too really struck a chord with me.

My school had a friend trip to the Seattle Experience Music Museum, and I got to see the Nirvana exhibit and that sealed the deal. Bought their self titled greatest hits which had just come out that week. The first album I bought on my own, of a band that was "mine" and not one that I listened to because my parents listened to.

Still my favorite band. I got my wife into them (she went from "I hate them" to coming home her telling me that she spent all day listening to their discography and now they are her favorites too). Visited Aberdeen on a road trip to see Kurt's memorial at the Wishkah River.

Best concert i ever saw was taking my wife to see Paul McCartney, her #1 favorite artist. We just found out she was pregnant with our first child. Paul was playing Safeco Field in Seattle, and he brought out the surviving members of Nirvana to play "Get Back" and "Helter Skelter" with him. Best night of my life.