Wtf is this shit?

They've had the nerve to call this this quintessential alt/indie rock album?

I just listened to this for the first time and It did not appeal to me, I will continue to listen to it but I'm not impressed this shit is fucking dreadful.

What the fuck is this?, is this what these alt teens praise? I am dumbfounded at this shit, Slanted and Enchanted is a bag of SHIT.

Please open my eyes and tell me what I should be listening for, is their some kind of underlying theme?, I don't get this shit

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=68qOuQ7kzu8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree.

I agree as well. This record really sounds outdated today.

Good songwriting

Cool guitar sounds

The only song that caught my attention was Conduit for Sale, the songwriting there is good, other than that, I cant think of any others

Here is my favourite track

Have you listened to Silver Jews? Another one of Malkmus' bands

I haven't heard of them before user, I'll listen to one of their albums today. Do you have any recs?

I've only heard American Water but I really like its sound - youtube.com/watch?v=68qOuQ7kzu8

Thanks, I'll give it a listen. I'll make a thread about it some time too, when you see it, Just know that i was thinking of you whilst making it user

I will bb

I tried listening to it as well, nothing in it appealed to me

Maybe try Brighten the Corners, I like it more.

here stole the guitar riff from a song on squeeze
they just slowed it down

I didn't get into pavement until terror twilight, I believe it is their most acessible. Of course you could like any song if you just accepted it could be good, but Sup Forums thinks opinion holds any real power of art.

the whole album sounds like someone crunching paper together

Pavement is the most boring music of all time. It's amazingly bad.

Took me like 10 listens to get it

Slanted & Enchanted is their worst album desu

>Unanimous critical acclaim, p4k 10, other ridiculous claims.

Looks like lots of internet fags believe its their best

>people on the internet think its their best so it must be

> Give it a rest user

End yourself faggot

Summer Babe, Trigger Cut, and Here are GOAT-level. I mostly agree with your assessment of the rest of the album. Crooked Rain is a lot better.

S&E is a great noise rock album. It's ok it you didn't like it in the first listen.
Listen to Crooked Rain. It's less noisy. If you like it check out WZ or Brighten the Corner. If you don't like both, well, maybe Pavement isnt for you.

The point is: S&E is the last Pavement album you should listen if you want to get into them properly. It's still noise pop but their most abrassive.

It's pretty boring and falls squarely into that whole noise rock/pop trend

Noise rock bands tend to love to cover up their shitty songwriting skills and lacks of original ideas with guitar noise because indie kids will eat it up because noise is so le arty

Thanks for the advice user

Stephen Malkmus is a great songwriter you nignog

Try Crooked Rain or Wowee Zowee.

I felt the same the first time too OP. Crooked Rain has stronger songwriting so maybe listening to that will help you appreciate their style

>noise rock
>took 10 listens
>boring

wew lads, it appears I'm being memed.

Bunch of damn plebs in this bitch

Agreed. I was listening to two states. It just goes like,"duh-duh, duh-duh, de-de, duh-duh, duh-duh, de-de!" What horrible trash. Pavement sucks a load of dicks.

Wow I didn't realize Pavement were such a pleb filter

this album is barely noisy at all though?

They've had the nerve to call this this quintessential alt/indie rock album?

I just listened to this for the first time and It did not appeal to me, I will continue to listen to it but I'm not impressed this shit is fucking dreadful.

What the fuck is this?, is this what these alt teens praise? I am dumbfounded at this shit, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea is a bag of SHIT.

Please open my eyes and tell me what I should be listening for, is their some kind of underlying theme?, I don't get this shit

> most popular album on this board desu

just for context, what are your top five favorite bands?

Pavement is one of my favorite bands. And S&E is my favorite Pavement album. But all their other albums are less noisy and energetic. You might like them more.

fuck off Mark

radiohead, tame impala, vampire weekend, animal collective, rhcp

and you think you can talk shit about Pavement?

This guy could be anybody

>talking shit about a band that is far better than anything you like

lmao

This Fucking kid

I thought more or less the same thing when I heard it, OP.

pleb

you must be the Plebiest of the Plebs

>tfw this album is better than S&E

It's funny for a long time I thought this album was extremely overrated, and then after a few more listens suddenly I was singing along to every song. So I get some of the gripes but I still think this is some of the catchiest, introspective Indie Rock ever.

>another one of Malkmus' bands

Why do I even come on this board anymore..

lol yeah. poor David Berman. Made some amazing albums but Malkmus gets credit for it.

Check out crooked rain

They've had the nerve to call this this quintessential jangle pop/alt rock album?

What the fuck is this?, is this what these alt teens praise? I am dumbfounded at this shit, Automatic for the People is a bag of SHIT.

holy shit dude

it's really not
they weren't jangle pop anymore at that period

that's the joke