We can all agree being in a band past high school's a little pathetic, right?

we can all agree being in a band past high school's a little pathetic, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/SABvMNw
youtube.com/watch?v=7fvCAM-eTUg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more awesome pictures at THEMETAPICTURE.COM

Are you implying 24 year olds are mature and know much more than an 18 year old lol

Not if you want to keep banging 18 year olds, which is exactly what I've been doing for a decade.

upvoted

No, it's pathetic to brag about being in a band after high school.

Do you play music just to appear cool?

The interesting thing about this pic is that males love music and bands forever so there is literally no chance that it wasn't made by a woman so it's probably actually true.

I mean, if you're 30 and being a rockstar is the only thing you've ever tried and failed at it might be a little bit off-putting. Nobody gives a shit about the people who just have a band on the side to jam and play a few shows with

I agree only high schoolers should be allowed to be in bands
Nobody past the age of 18 has ever made good music
Just stop trying because you'll never get where you want to be

Is it bad that I instinctively and unironically wanted to upvote your post? Should I kill myself Sup Forums?

Women turn 22 and they become "uh im so MATURE and ABOVE that petty shit why can't you get an office drone job and make money for ME I mean YOUR WOMAN"

I think defining yourself around your band is pathetic. Introducing yourself as part of a band, that sort of shit.

Once you're older being a musician isn't a huge deal, and playing it up just comes off as douchey.

That said, there is a time and place to talk about you're projects. When you've just performed or promoting a gig (handbills, etc), it would be weird NOT to talk about it. Just don't let it define you.

If you're past your early 20's and being in a band is like your whole identity, yeah thats bad

If you're any age at all and continue to play the music you love but don't completely define yourself by it, thats bad ass

theres 3 rules of being a musician

you wont get paid
you wont get fame
you wont get laid

I get not defining yourself by it, but I feel like this type of shit is perpetrated by jealous people who know that they don't have to willpower to create music so they try to bring down the ones who do and get them to do more "normal" things.
Where would any of the legendary musicians we talk about every day here be be if they didn't preoccupy themselves with music and work hard at doing what they love? People shouldn't half-ass their hobbies to seem cool.

The shitty ones, sure.

And I'm not saying there are no lack of shitty ones out there either.

But most girls who are worth a damn wouldn't care at worst or would at least take some kind of interest in what you play better case scenario, if they're worth your time at all.

Yea women who are the literal textbook of definition of mature always think they're so mature MIRITE fellas?

r u retarded my man

there isn't a reason to date women past 22

I always just say "its a great way to rent a bar for you and your friends for a night, since its guaranteed no one will show up" which usually gets a good laff or 2

The crab mentality. People want you, at least subconsciously, to get down to their level and place and life, which is usually shit. They get angry if you're working hard doing something that you're passionate about. But people like Lou Reed and Captain Beefheart wouldn't be anywhere if they did music "on the side" rather than fully immersing themselves in it because some bitch tried to tell them that their music is worthless because they're not superstars.

As a twenty year-old vocalist who still goes to school full-time, I can confirm that no one I know sees me as immature or strange for being in a band.

who wants a 24 year old white woman

This desu famalam. A hobby is a hobby, and I hope I'll still be playing music in two or three decades

but what if the band is both good and incredibly famous?

>People shouldn't half-ass their hobbies to seem cool.

agreed, half assing something to impress others is as bad or worse.

And it is kinda cool if you want to be 'that old death metal guy' or whatever but you better have something else going for you as well (like just being a fun friendly dude) if you don't want to be completely marginalized

Then you won't be the one telling people you're in a band.

In that case, you'd have no need to brag in the first place.

not really since manchilding around is hottest trend of 2016 ever since youtube happened.
You watch anime, do music, play games? Tell a story about that. You´ll get rich and receive friends and nothing negative happens except with assholes but who gives a fuck about what assholes think
>yfw

>implying that women spend the time to edit pictures together to make funny and original jokes

This is a real thing though, if we're being real

I'm still coming to terms with it

Nah, it's good, mane

No, you should always kill yourself

unless it's bait, which it is

I don't visit Sup Forums much. Every once in a while, I get bored and wonder "I like music, why don't I visit Sup Forums more?" and then I come back and see posts like this in the first five minutes.

>it's another episode of mu tries to understand women and fails miserably

imgur.com/SABvMNw

>imgur link
>facebook-tier meme
Go back to plebbit

To be honest I can tell by your post, you probably are in the final year of college or already have a job. In which case, you should just leave because you probably don't understand anything on this board, or music made after 2010.

Sup Forums is shit and you're retarded for doing anything other than shitpost here

Not like reddit, with their hivemind and bland pretentious middlebrow NPR audience who love to talk about of their ass and pretend it's the truth is any better

speaking the truth right here. And if you're in it for either of those things you will suck

You sound jealous that you can't play an instrument fampai.

for real, you shouldnt even be considered an adult til like 27.

literally every old married guy would love a young women in there life

>implying a 22-23 yr old wouldnt know about music made after 2010???

>Nobody past the ages of 18 has ever made good music

Why?

lmao, project much? I forgot alllll the classic albums were made by 18 yr olds

Who the fuck even want to fuck a woman over the age 18????

If you are playing music for those reasons, you are a fucking cliche, end of. If music is your passion, and you do it simply for the love of your art, and it is the thing that helps you escape the dogshit 9 to 5 world for a little bit, then you are a true artist.

Agreed. Anyone who made music that has stood the test of time has lived and died by this ideal.

Good thing 18 years look at least twice as good as 24 year olds

theres not really a visible difference between the two if they keep in good shape honestly. some 24 yr olds are much hotter than 18 yr olds

"Black bird singing in the dead of niiiiight....
what do you think john?"
"That's for sure gonna get our dicks sucked, paul"

>What is sarcasm

do you not understand sarcasm or are you just 12

But who wants to impress 24yo woman

Is everyone ironically ignoring this Is ironic or am I on the wrong layer here?

>they can't even understand music let alone women
Hey guys how is that new death grips album? We really are in the golden age of music.

>brag about being in a band
People do this? It's not like being in a band is innately hard or anything. I'm in a band and don't consider it bragging rights at all

only if you're a woman who is with a man purely for the sake of access to his bank account

musicians rarely make money and women are golddiggers. go figure

Implying dudes in bands don't get laid?

A chick I know just told me a story about putting out for some dude from Amebix even though he was like 20 or 30 years older and "gross as fuck"

>A chick I know just told me a story about putting out for some dude from Amebix even though he was like 20 or 30 years older and "gross as fuck"
why would she do that

>we can all agree being in a band past high school's a little pathetic, right?
If you don't have a job, yes it's pathetic.

If you have a job and are in a band in your spare tiem, all power to you!

What if your band is your job

Playing an instrument is already embarassing

Yeah goyim, after turning 18 everybody should forget their dreams, just get a 9-5 job, find a woman to marry, have 2.5 kids get a mortgage and live happy till retirement at 65 when all the employees at the company will make you a party and the CEO will gift you a gold watch.

Because she was young and drunk and Amebix is a great band that just put on a great show

>18
Spontanous, fun, optimal age for reproduction, hasn't been fucked by 10000 million negros
>24
Approaching wall faster than the speed of sound, 99.9% chance of having been blacked, your kids will probaly end up retarded

To get laid doing music you have to do whiny indie folk, some type of pleb pop rock, or edgy metal/goth

If you do anything experimental or truly challenging/edgy you can kiss your sex life goodbye because every normie girl will think you're an idiot

What is something experimental or truly challenging/edgy? You mean that crap that is always being spammed here by autistic Sup Forumstants?

Get some taste lad.

youtube.com/watch?v=7fvCAM-eTUg

At what age should you stop saying, "I'm in a band," and start saying, "I'm a musician?"

Nah thanks, I rather keep enjoying good music, I'm not interested in listening some pretentious crap just to feel that I'm some spechul snowflake.

I'm 27 and I'm not a musician, but I know musicians. There are two types: those who play bars with some friends, and usually play hard rock. These guys are basically white trash that peaked in high school. Their gfs are usually white trash as well. People see them as losers.
Then there's hipster types that usually play bland indie music. These guys tend to open for major acts, and have geek chic style. These guys are still drowning in pussy in ways that defy logic.

he just trolled u bro!!

Anco isn't good music lol

Neither is what you posted. How sad can be a human listening that for 16 minutes making an effort to enjoy it.

Being in a band sucks. Did it; hated it. Never again. Got me a real job after and never looked back.

only if yer attractive taht is or area normie chicken fucka

That's because hard rock is out of fashion and bland feminized indie is in
Choosing your style to optimize the amount of pussy you get is a pathetic thing to do. But then most musicians don't give two shits about the art and really have nothing to say, but they know that strumming chords in front of an audience will get them teenage pussy.

0 effort needed buddy. that's why it's called having good taste.

Meh, I'm into noise rock, crust punk, emocore, and post-bop/third stream jazz, and I'm not good enough to play jazz, but I know if I play any of those styles of punk I won't get any girls anyway. Just a bunch of sweaty, hairy tattooed guys.

as someone who plays music as a hoppy at 26 i would rather not be either of those fucking lame

yer damed if you play bars yer damned if play indie rock but you get pussy.

most "hard rock" these days it fucking akin to buttrock in 2016 so femmy indie is the next best thing bands are an odd beast in 2016

it is weird to say the least.

i am however going to agree with that fact taht one should play music for the love of it not to get pussy

fuck the people that play to get chicks.

Ex was just like this, can confirm

If they walk circles around you and are in fact mature, or just not very Music oriented, no they won't give a fuck. If it pays, she stays. I'm an audio tech, March was slow and she wanted me to quit and drone. Of course she was pure NEET, and was more pretentious than you Sup Forumstants. Have fun with Music but don't chase a pipe dream, it's not just pussy you're scaring away

But the jews own the record labels and use music to brainwash our youth. They wouldn't want to steer people away from falling into their trap.

yeah musics cool as a hobby and i love it dearly

but you gotta know when to keep it real.

thats pop and mainstream music tho its 2016 stop listening to the shit muisc and the mtv boi.

That music is such shit. It sounds like a middle school band trying to play Tan Dun.

where can i find a qt girl who likes lee hazlewood

Literally any old guy would want a young hot 24 yr old

how old are you?