What is the worst genre of music?

What is the worst genre of music, the most unlistenable/overrated garbage, basically something so bad that you can't picture why anyone would want to listen to it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqMhTRC1kqE
youtube.com/watch?v=DhETCQEAB9g&index=1&list=FLylzpYjDZuLTQNSLkv8QpuQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

metalcore

pop country

i understand why people listen to shitty music like this though. it's just frustrating.

Well, considering taste in music is subjective and I don't try to act like a spastic fuckface who thinks his taste in music is the end all be all, I literally don't think that about any music.

Dubstep. I have yet to hear one good song.

vaporwave

I make dubstep and I have to agree

not a genre but Weezer

Trap.
Not all trap, but the mumble trap, where the 'mc' sounds like he is half asleep and talking with a potato in his mouth. Don't know the specific term for it, but god is it awful

metal

why are you even here

burial - untrue

i hate fake high-roading faggots like you

How tf is that dubstep??

Everything that's not electronic. Masterpieces like Autechre's elseq 1-5 have made the rest of music obsolete with how it moves through timbres, pitches, and rhythms in a way literally impossible for the rest of music.

you are too intelligent for being in this board. why are you here?

how is it not

all hip-hop and anything even close to it

Rap

Metal and prog rock

ahahah what you hear on the radio is not dubstep, untrue is real dubstep.

Dubstep used to refer exclusively to things like Burial, Kode9, Spaceape, etc. Then it changed to refer to things like Skrillex. I have no idea why this happened.

To answer OP's question, the worst genre is acoustic covers of hip hop songs youtube.com/watch?v=jqMhTRC1kqE

Idk I always pop my head in Sup Forums to see if there are any threads that interest me. I wouldn't say I'm too intelligent to be here though.

mainstream american hard rock

since when do you hear dubstep on the radio?

>real dubstep

Struggle with indie rock and man-and-guitar stuff. Makes me yawn

Untrue is hardly a good example of "real" dubstep. Try DMZ or Deep Medi singles.

The objective answer is Christian Rock

Rap ''music"

> something so bad that you can't picture why anyone would want to listen to it.
How much of a narrow minded and arrogant douche do you need to be to think that just because you don't like something that nobody else possibly could?

am I on the wrong website again? fuck I must've tumblr/mu/ on accident

Hip hop

It's undeniably the laziest and most repetitive genre of pop music, not to mention how deeply dependent upon plagiarism it is

Half the songs sound like a fucking commercial, the other half sound like a watered-down pop song from the 60s with an obnoxious black man pasted over the melody

I have zero respect for somebody who enjoys listening to hip hop. At least the absolute bottom of other pop genres like rock and country still have people who know how to play instruments and compose a song. Hip hop is such a terrible and unintelligent genre of music that a 16 year-old who has never touched an instrument or written a song in his life can still be considered a musical genius simply because of his "attitude" and popular image

It is the most superficial, consumerist, and uncreative music I've ever heard in my life. Absolute dogshit, and if you like listening to it then you have an IQ below room temperature. I genuinely believe that people who listen to it regularly are becoming dumber

Everyone itt is wrong. The real anwser is crunkcore

This. At least one person knows what he's talking about

Memerap

dubs

Cringe

I can (mostly) get behind this

I know we all want to forget that crunkcore happened, but crunkcore.

what do you think of indie rappers with huge vocabularies like Aesop Rock

Latin Pop

It's otherworldly how horrendous that crap is

Seven Lions- Below Us

Second drop gave me cancer and cured it all at once. I don't even listen to dubstep anymore, not since around 2012, but that song still has magic.

hip hop
Only listened to by kangz and white sub urban kids on Sup Forums

>that
>dubstep
Wew lad

>I've never actually listened to hip hop except on the radio, and think I can have an opinion on an entire genre I know nothing about

Not all metalcore is bad, I think The Ghost Inside, Parkway Drive and Architects have some pretty decent stuff

Post-grunge should be mentioned btw

Shabazz Palaces my dude

>I share a board with 50 year old white men
Jesus Christ, when will you guys learn you've been indoctrinated with the idea of rock music being objectively superior to hip-hop? It's such a meme at this point.

I spent a large portion of my life pretty much exclusively listening to it, outside of the golden age there has not been a single good hip hop release, anyone that enjoys any of it must have some kind of legitimate form of retardation.

Jazz. People act like it's the best shit to ever exist because of its technicality, but it isn't. Music is supposed to be about the soul and overall feeling of the music, not how hard it is to play on guitar.

> """post grunge""""

AKA buttrock

>you're fuckin' a white male

>Bluegrass

>Nu Metal

>Dubstep

I've listened to more hip hop than you have, which is why I know it's shit

>implying all jazz is purely about technical skill

Favela funk.

POP RAGGAE

I think you have jazz and metal confused

Politically correct folk punk

this. Whitewashed pop reggae ruined traditional reggae.

Good jazz is really soulful
The issue is a lot of wanky bad jazz is praised heavily by pretentious "jazz fans"
For entry-level shit listen to John Coltrane, Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, and Miles Davis. All are great and extremely soulful and emotional. At it's best the improvisatory and complex nature of jazz makes it the most emotional form. Avoid jazz fusion and the wankier side of avant-garde jazz.

Oh to add on this, great albums to start with jazz are Africa/Brass and Kind of Blue.
Some of the best jazz are from before albums became popular, so don't be afraid to check out swing/big band compilations

You have not, kid. I grew up around it. Lived in North Philly my entire life, that's all anyone listened to. Hip-hop and jazz. Hip-hop is about the culture, man. If you don't understand it, you just don't. And I'm not trying to be all high-brow "ooh it's too complex for you to understand", I'm honestly just saying I can see why someone wouldn't really get it. It's easy to just point at hip-hop and say "that's a bunch of niggers going ooga boogy over a high pitched Jame Brown sample and some basic drums", but once you really understand it, you just do.

>Nu Metal
Still a lot more interesting than Pop Country and post grunge

A lot of people Ive talked to and played with pretty much praise it for that.

>MUH FUKIN CHORD COMPING.
>BIG STEPS IS THE BEST SONG EVER
Jazz is just a mesh of pushovers trying to show off how many 7th chords and scales the know without showing any feeling of actual connection to the music

I'm a pretty logical and intelligent person and I listen to it. You know most of the sales for Straight Outta Compton were from suburban white kids, right? Hip-hop's popularity is mostly from suburban white kids and their interest and appropriation of black culture. It's pretty ignorant to call anyone who listens to hip-hop retarded. Have you ever like, you know, gone outside dude?

Well then the people you talked to are dumbasses with zero appreciation for the genre.

People who think that hip hop is shit because "hurr muh repetitive music" while listening to rock music are retards
Hip-hop is also about lyrics, flow, wordplay, etc. The MC tends to use his voice as an instrument.

Those people are poseurs and don't truly get jazz

I never spoken to a hip hop fan that wasn't cringe worthy and brain dead. You included.

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=DhETCQEAB9g&index=1&list=FLylzpYjDZuLTQNSLkv8QpuQ

Don't really give a shit about your horrible life being forced to listen to terrible music in philly, it has no relevance to how I understand hip hop better than you do. Actually it does, it makes you more biased toward ignoring its many flaws, which is why I am able to perceive its inferiority and you aren't. If you were able to look at the genre outside your emotional lens you would immediately recognize that "going ooga boogy over a high pitched Jame Brown sample and some basic drums" just about sums up the entire artform

Aggrotech / dark electro

this

Holy fuck. This is so obviously terrible, but all the band members take it so seriously. Very meme-able. Nickelback is nowhere near the terrible ness of this

That buildup around halfway was not bad tho

kpop

I guess you're right, there's definitely some bias there, but I try to look at most things from an objective standpoint. Like I already said, I can definitely see why someone would generalize all hip-hop as yelling monkeys, but that's all that is: a generalization. Hip-hop encompasses Young Thug to cLOUDDEAD, Shabazz Palaces to Boot Camp Clik, Schoplboy Q to Kool Keith, Nujabes to Saturday Morning Soundtrack, Future to MC Paul Barman, and so on.

To generalize the entire genre as vapid or repetitive or simple or ignorant based on the bling era and top 40 hip-hop is imbecilic.

trap , dubstepp , pop country

Then you're actually socially retarded. You know most people with taste like hip-hop, right? I don't only listen to hip-hop because I'm not a mongoloid and I actually care about music from and artistic standpoints.

I bet you're a blast at parties my dude

>You know most people with taste like hip-hop
Wrong, there has never been an artistically significant hip hop album that will be remembered in a hundred years time.

> this has anything to do with taste
le classic rockist dodging an argument

People with taste like good things, good things tend to get remembered. Don't worry kid, you'll grow out of your hip hop phase eventually.

brostep

Your revisionism is pathetic.
I bet rym is your favorite site.

Yeah that's why nobody remembers Illmatic and Ready to Die

The fact that geezers like you get shocked and confused by hip hop proves it's artistic validity. If you were on Sup Forums in the 60s you'd be saying that rock and roll isn't REAL music and that rock musicians are just retards who play stupid simple three chord music and that Frank Sinatra is objectively superior

Will anyone care about these albums in a few decades time? Probably not. Both are shit anyway, time has aged both like milk.
>HUH I'D SUCK ON YO DADDY'S DICK

Those albums were both released 20 years ago, are classics, and are the first albums people are introduced to hip hop with. Have you listened to them? They both haven't aged a bit.

>not a genre
Then why do you reply to a thread that is specifically about genres?

>Have you listened to them?
yes obviously, I just quoted one.

Techno.
The growling shit metal is a close second.

>that growling shit metal
today on "things plebs say"

All of screamo, or whatever its known as. Escape the fate, of mice and men, alesena, pierce the veil, all that shit. I listen to some shit music, but got damn, screamo is awful.

progressive rock, is the most pretentious shit that ever existed and all the people that listen to it are masturbatory faggots that want to be special

Too artsy, too intellectual.