Bowie, trying to be cordial, motioned to Zappa and said, "Quite a guitar player you have here, Frank." And Zappa said...

>Bowie, trying to be cordial, motioned to Zappa and said, "Quite a guitar player you have here, Frank." And Zappa said, "Fuck you, Captain Tom." Bowie persisted, "Oh come on now Frank, surely we can be gentleman about this?," but was met once more with the same reply from Zappa: "Fuck you, Captain Tom." David said, "So, you really have nothing to say?" Zappa said, "Fuck you, Captain Tom." After that, Bowie, Belew and Bowie’s assistant simply got up and left.

What was his fucking problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

mixcloud.com/musfra/66mix/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bowie was trying to steal Belew in the middle of Zappa's tour. As far as I know that's kinda not cool in musician etiquette or whatever but Zappa also probably didn't like his music that much to begin with so looked down on him, who knows.

It's pretty funny though

>Zappa demoted Bowie

pretty based tho

I wonder how Captain Beefheart would have been towards Bowie...

lolsorandom XDDDDDD

based frank

I hope Zappa was like mad about something legit, because otherwise this doesn't even sound cool Zappa just sounds like an asocial idiot.

Because Zappa is insecure in the presence of true talent

idk Zappa was just a bit of a curmudgeon

Zappa is an autist

>is
user...

Zappa's asociality is probably what saved him from going the way of Buckley/Joplin/Hendrix/Morrison and others around him

Zappa isn't as great, influential or patrician as the other artists you posted

This desu. Zappa was great as a performance artist and professional freak, but I don't understand why anyone would actually listen to him as music.

See this Also neither Bowie nor Zappa ever mentioned or addressed this incident so it's possible that Adrian Belew was embellishing or exaggerating it, or maybe even just made it up completely.
Kek

typical alt-right retard

How can you get things so wrong? Zappa did all of the things those artists tried to do, sarcastically, and way before...

Yeah, because doing lazy rehashes of avant-garde for the pseudos is something every artist wants to do.

Bowie a piece of shit. Zappa was right to fuck the piece of selloutdemonshit up. The end.

>libertarian
>alt-right
When will this meme die?

Bowie's music is godawfull. The mongolloid fuck just thought haiku's were classical pieces. At times it's so overboard, things can be got from it. . At -brian the actual hard worker eno literally wrote this shit- times.

apart from hendrix, you couldn't be more wrong

this is impressive

Well I guess we found out which one was cancer.

though they are not the same thing I'm willing to bet Zappa is very popular among alt-right dudes

*more cancerous

You can change zappa for bowie in that sentence and it would be the same

>Quite a guitar player you have here, Frank.
Why do the British have such a bizarre way of expressing things? And it always seems like there's this weird hint of intended humor in everything they do, which is annoying.

>he did it ironically so that must mean he was above it

have you ever heard of insecurity, user?

Zappa introduced Hendrix to the wah-wah peddle, for that alone he's influential.

Thats not actually true though

>"Oh come on now Frank, surely we can be gentleman about this?"
About what, me 'hav[ing] quite [the] guitar player?'

I'd have responded the same way, Bowie projects such an attitude of condescension here.

it was literally the creator of the wah wah peddle who said it

Doesn't really seem like it, but if he was, I'm sure not having the diagnosis helped a lot, as having an autism diagnosis basically shuts down your entire life.

Artists literally just express thought through a medium. The fact that Sup Forums still believes opinion on the matter, matter, is why this board will always be for losers.

you mean this website will always be for losers

50 year anniversary music

Is this a joke?
Bowie was a performance artist, Zappa was a genuine musician

>Bowie
>I don't understand why anyone would actually listen to him as music.

Not really

I don't get what's so bizarre about that sentence?

Nor have I ever thought about British people that way? (Bowie was someone who was always trying to be funny, but that's about extrovert people in general and not about British people alone?)
I'm not British BTW

>peddle

50 year anniversary music

this, its like Sup Forums only listened to apostrophe and ruben and the jets and everyone thinks he's only le wacky biscut music and doo wop parody

those are both great albums desu

pretty much most of it is
>le jazz fusion poo pee

>Bowie a piece of shit. Zappa was right to fuck the piece of selloutdemonshit up. The end.
this

they're smug fucks

They just always act like they think they're so fucking funny and end up looking like buffoons. British interviewers are the worst. My god they're annoying.