Since we all agree that the needledrop is shit, is there a decent music youtuber worth a subscription?

Since we all agree that the needledrop is shit, is there a decent music youtuber worth a subscription?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/686054400482148352
socialblade.com/youtube/user/theneedledrop
youtube.com/channel/UCgy1dXxO-JBiCGqxJvQpWtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sJpY5RgUOas
youtu.be/hyAn0YGtQlo
youtube.com/watch?v=a5of5OIb1s4
youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI
youtube.com/watch?v=7UYC615HGr4
mixcloud.com/musfra/66mix/
scaruffi.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not really no

Myke C Town

this

>Since we all agree
>implying we are a hivemind
>implying the average Sup Forumstant is any better

What makes him shit?

he disagrees with me

lol

lmaoooo

i swear if he gives franks album anything below a 7 he's officially garbage, why does he shit all over every album this year, i dont care what he thinks but he spawns his cancer fanbase who are just drones to him

/thread

He's a dickhead who reviews poptimist drivel to get a fat paycheck. He voices the popular opinion and occasionally a contrarian one so he can stand as a seemingly individual voice.

twitter.com/theneedledrop/status/686054400482148352

>BUT Y'ALL KNOW THIS IS JUST MY OPINION RIGHT.
>JUST MY OPINION
This is why I respect Fantano as a reviewer because it shows he doesn't take himself too seriously like most music reviwers do.

Wankjavcee

So he disagrees with you

>Since we all agree that some guy who reviews music albums is shit
>tell me who else i should gather all of my opinions from

seriously?

What was going on?

socialblade.com/youtube/user/theneedledrop

are u mad Sup Forums?

>needing validation and meme buzzwords

Can't you think for yourself

haha wew
I want video journals about music history DESU, not reviews. Like an every frame a painting for music.

relies on buzzwords to "describe" what he likes/dislikes about an album

uses a number system but apparently the number system is only applicable in the context of the particular artist he's reviewing at the time

uses a number system

is an edgy-alt-right-memelord and thinks this gives him internet-cred

got famous solely by reviewing Sup Forums darlings and being in the right place at the right time

his fanbase utterly ruins musician fanbases (see: Death Grips, not that everyone who likes Death Grips would've been thoughtful in the first place, but he's become inseparable from the band which is fucking idiotic)

is a compulsive liar (that "time he met Stefan from Death Grips" story he told is so fake it hurts)

tries to supplement his "serious" music reviews with "comedy" that's like if you took the worst parts of Tim & Eric and Adam Sandler and smashed them together in one pretentious asshole

acts like he's really knowledgeable but regularly fucks up facts about the bands/albums he discusses

has mostly entry-level tastes but claims to be the "internet's busiest music nerd"

stole his style, format, personality, etc. from a music reviewer he was "friends" with

oh, and his hair/facial hair decisions (when not totally shaven) are easily the worst of all time OF ALL TIME

that said, I almost like him for giving MBDTF a 6

>He voices the popular opinion and occasionally a contrarian one so he can stand as a seemingly individual voice.
>Sometimes he agrees with the majority of people, and sometimes he doesn't. I hate it!

no

>I want video journals about music history DESU
That's not what his channel is or what it's even intended to be.
I would be interested in a channel like this though.

>Reviewer

Strange how purposely misinterpreting an argument has become one.

i know its not what hes intended to be, but thats not why i dislike him

>relies on buzzwords to "describe" what he likes/dislikes about an album
???
his fanbase utterly ruins musician fanbases (see: Death Grips, not that everyone who likes Death Grips would've been thoughtful in the first place, but he's become inseparable from the band which is fucking idiotic)
you can say this about literally any internet personality, but maybe you're just a faggot for caring about a band's fanbase as opposed to the actual musical content

Couldn't care less about all the things you've jusy mentioned since they aren't really that relevant. I still find some of his review(especially older ones) entertaining to watch and even well made. However, he's admitedly a bad comedian and everything he has uploaded so far on thatistheplan is cancerous filthy frank tier comedy.

yeah, i don't let the fans of a band get in my way of my listening habits, but I actually do like death grips and it's hard to have a serious discussion about them because of fucking fantano getting meme'd into oblivion any time they're brought up. am faggot though, so keen observation there

youtube.com/channel/UCgy1dXxO-JBiCGqxJvQpWtQ

He's the only reviewer Sup Forums needs

what is the fucking point of a music reviewer in this day and age? Like music is essentially free and if you wanna support the artist after, you can buy the album/whatever but you can just listen for yourself and decide on your opinion. Music reviewers exist only to justify people's expectations or to be a punching bag when they disagree with the consensus. They don't even consider their fans opinions or engage with them because they're too big or disinterested so even on that level, any analysis or discussion of the music is with other anons. Their recommendations of new music could be better served by a Google search or randomized algorithm on Pandora or Apple Music tbqh.

> what is the fucking point of a music reviewer in this day and age?

we can't think for ourselves and we can't like something unless we get validation from another human and we don't interact with humans in real life so this pretentious loser with a youtube channel will have to do.

>is an edgy-alt-right-memelord and thinks this gives him internet-cred
better than being a liberal desu

deep_cuts

why are you so deeply anally disturbed?

nothing worse than music reviewers using their platform to push political and social agendas

dude asked why fantano sucked, i listed reasons. that's the problem with his fanbase, the moment you criticize him they're like "listen to the reviews not just the scores" and then when you try to explain why exactly he sucks they just do this dumb shit lol. why am i anally disturbed for giving an answer that none of you assholes can actually dispute?

ayy lmao

>implying mu is not a hivemind
of all places to post this opinion you post in a fantano thread defending him Lel

In what review does he push his agenda? He's done like one podcast with Sargon so everyone acts like he's some Sup Forums-tier nazi. He's pretty moderate and as far as I've seen only talks about politics on his personal channel.

i'm not talking about in reviews, i'm talking about all his supplemental videos and shit. and his podcasts. and his interactions on social media. like i said, using his platform. plus, it wasn't just Sargon, he brought on fucking Milo Yannopolis for another podcast. guy believes some wacky shit.

that isn't the reason I think he's a shitty music reviewer, I could still enjoy him if he did believe wacky shit. but he's a shitty music reviewer on top of that.

don't forget he has done multiple videos with the banana man

bald boy fills cucks' lives with meaning. sad but true I suppose

wait who's "the banana man"?

What do music critics and food critics have in common?

They have no place on YouTube

Should I make a youtube channel? I'd rate music and talk about music.
Thoughts? Would anyone watch?

youtube.com/watch?v=sJpY5RgUOas

i would definitely subscribe

oh good lord i regret asking. this is... wow. yikes. yeah, this supplements my argument, guys. Fantano obviously isn't this guy but ya know, the company you keep...

he kind of reminds me of this character youtu.be/hyAn0YGtQlo

It depends, would you focus on big releases or try and find new stuff to recommend?

He's giving higher ratings then ever tho

daym/antnee collab when?

except reviewbrah, praise be unto him

this man has nearly a million subscribers

I'd be reviewing older albums, lesser known releases of this year, and I would recommend music.

It won't be perfect editing either. Just a webcam

>Since we all agree
This ain't Reddit son.

Yeah, he's a gentleman. He gets a pass.

The World Is A Terrible Place And I Will No Longer Feel Remorse For Those Who Die

>Daym Drops
It fits perfectly.

youtube.com/watch?v=a5of5OIb1s4
this dude is surprisingly okay

the only thing reddit collectively agrees upon is that they're better than Sup Forums. yet they have a massively popular "Sup Forums" subreddit, and the music subs are basically Baby's First Sup Forums Essentials Chart

based chris ott
youtube.com/watch?v=KGE7q0oDlEI

you have no argument, it's more like misplaced paranoia and comfy false intuition, no doubt rooted in brutal insecurity.

Pretty much this.
Fantano may be a memester but he's more well listened than the average Sup Forumstant and he's passionate about music, and recognizes how subjective it can be. He knows not everyone will agree with him, and that's okay.

So I like him, even though I distinctly disagree with him on a lot of his reviews, and think the tantrum he had when some autists didn't like that he didn't give TPTB a 10 like TPAB last year was pretty childlike.

>Anthony Fantano is alt-right

WEW

So is everyone who finds PC SJW culture distasteful alt-right now? Genuine question, not bait.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UYC615HGr4

The only reviewer that matters

on a serious note, I've been thinking of making music review-type thing for a while. I'd try to review lesser-known things. I guess for the most part I'd try to stick with bandcamp stuff. Thoughts?

mixcloud.com/musfra/66mix/
50 year anniversary music ..

no, people who bring on Sargon and Milo for serious podcasts, and post childish screaming rants satirizing "SJW" cucks thinking they're both funny and intelligent are alt-right.

also, people who unironically use the term SJW and those who see "political correctness" and immediately think their freedoms are being infringed upon. grow the fuck up and learn to show some basic human respect and decency to each other. This huge "movement" is because dumbasses think it's okay to just spout casual racism and expect to be defended because "muh freedom." even funnier when they need their own lil safe-spaces to do it in, like the donald subreddit, or fucking Sup Forums

>guy believes some wacky shit
is tumblr invading and taking advantage of Sup Forums's whole "in order to be cool i have to hate whatevers popular, goddamn anti-sjws! >:^(" or is he actually like sexist, racist, homophobic or something

fuck off montie

i didn't call him any of those things, but judging by his insanely childish, reactionary "anti-SJW" videos, it isn't exactly hard to place his current political leanings, especially when paired with the kind of people he collaborates with or brings on for podcasts.

i think it's kind of worse that he only ever really approaches these topics either through (extremely poorly executed and childish) satire videos, or he brings on alt-righters to do the work for him basically.

>deliberately ignoring the people who aren't alt right that he associates with, which far outnumber the exactly 2 alt-right people he talks with

Okay, champ. I forgot John Cleese is alt-right, too.

did you listen to those podcasts though? seriously, did you?

Yes, he agrees with them on a couple of points and disagrees on others. What a Nazi. Literally Hitler.

Fuck youtubers, what are good places to read informed, insightful music reviews?

I want reviewbrah to start reviewing music

Here you go: scaruffi.com/

literally never said or implied that. i was just trying to point out that the dude is what a lot of people consider "alt-right" and actively shows that through his social media presence, his satirical SJW videos, and some of his podcasts. I've even said I wouldn't care about his views, except that it seeps into everything, and I hate his reviewing "style" in the first place. No one has actually argued with my long original post () and disputed why the points (outside of the alt-right criticisms) I made are wrong. It's just reinforcing the idea that he actually is an alt-right idol on this board and elsewhere, and you're so insecure about it that you feel the need to defend the dude when I was just honestly answering another dude's question. For hating those sensitive SJWs so much, you guys are seriously the most sensitive children round these parts.

I mean, if your reviews are interesting I'd watch them. give it a try, see if people like it

welcome to Sup Forums

oh hell yeah dude. i'd want him to describe albums like he describes food though, like literally none of his typical descriptors change, they're just applied to noises.

Laughing at a retarded claim isn't being sensitive. I don't know why you think otherwise. Just because some people are so emotionally fragile they have a meltdown when presented with anything unpalatable or stupid, doesn't mean everyone pointing out something unpalatable or stupid is a 3-year old in an adult's body.

Yes that would be so amazing
>The tangy bassline
>The spicy drum beats
>The juicy vocals

I would watch the shit out of something like this, even if it was a one-off joke vid

fair enough

could you like rephrase this or something, i have no clue what the fuck you're getting at

i'd also want him to clean out his ears with qtips between each song for what feels like an eternity and then just kind of thoughtfully nod occasionally during a song. "alright i'm gonna go ahead and finish off this song *listening while staring off into space*" well, my initial impressions are, it's pretty good, i mean it's nothing to write home about, but it does have drums, it does have guitars, it does have bass, and it does have vocals with lyrics. So, all the components that were advertised were in the music, so they did a good job there. The bass sounded a little stale, but the guitars added a nice crunch almost as a contrast to that, so it worked out in the end."

I also have to assume this would just be shot on the dining room table but with a record player on the table, and we get to watch every excruciating moment of set up and record-flipping....

reviewbrah, you have a demand for this content. please, you're our only hope.

bud, i think youre a lil too butt mad about an internet meme-man

Holy shit this is perfect

>is there a decent music youtuber worth a subscription?