ITT: Guest appearances you didn't realise were on songs

Literally only found out today that Iggy Pop is the person who sings MANUSCRIPT REPLICA on Rolodex Propaganda by At The Drive-In.

Anyone else got any guest appearances you didn't realise were guest appearances?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1mVNOB5tg
youtube.com/watch?v=-lWAhwGPilU
dailymotion.com/video/xpbiuo_death-in-vegas-aisha_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 Robert pattinson

MC Ride doing guest vocals in the new Gorillaz album

>IT'S
>MCCARTNEY
>CHOMPING
>THE
>CELERY

Bowies backing vocals in Satellite of Love

I didn't know MF DOOM was on November Has Come for a long time.

Gorillaz have a few that I didn't realise at first, like Tina Weymouth doing Noodle's vocals on 19-2000

James Taylor and Linda Ronstadt on those Neil Young songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1mVNOB5tg
>
youtube.com/watch?v=-lWAhwGPilU

For the longest time, I didn't realize that Maynard James Keenan was on Know Your Enemy by Rage Against the Machine. Pretty cool too because both bands (Tool and Rage) weren't even that big at all when the first RAT album came out.

how could you hear it and not know

I love Gorillaz music and all but 19-2000 just sucks. The Soulchild Remix doesn't really help either

I've learned pretty late that Michael and Jermaine Jackson featured on Rockwell's "Somebody's Watching Me". Idk why tho, when you hear the chorus it's obviously MJ's voice. Just didn't click.

Well, I wasn't always into DOOM, but I've been a Gorillaz fan for a long time. So after I got into him, I instantly recognized the vocals on that song. Like, I've listened to that song so many times but never really cared who the other guy was doing vocals. It's pretty cool how that happened.

Didn't know Fripp did the guitars on I Zimbra

Jeff Tweedy did guitar on a couple of tracks on Parquet Courts' last album

On a related note to this, for the longest time I thought that the Gene Wilder that did percussion on I Zimbra and Life During Wartime was the Willy Wonka one. I was disappointed to find that it wasn't.

Justin Bieber playimg rhythm guitar and doing singing backup vocals on High On Fire's "Rumours of War"

The MGMT collaboration on whatever Embryonic track it was on. Too bad Flaming Lips collaborations mean absolutely nothing and only serve to fuel Wayne Coyne's ego because everything he does now is completely superficial so fuck him.

Embryonic is still a great album though.

I admit, Gorillaz got me into hip hop when I was a tween.

Iggy pop did vocals on death in Vegas - Aisha

dailymotion.com/video/xpbiuo_death-in-vegas-aisha_music

Paul McCartney is one of the guys yelling in the background at the end of Mellow Yellow.

Ha! Justin Bieber wouldn't be a metal song, he's a pop singer! Epic troll my friend!

Maynard James Keenan sings the "chinny chin chin" in the chorus of Three Little Pigs by Green Jello

Donovan singing alongside Alice Cooper on Billion Dollar Babies

The piano progression from ABBA's Dancing Queen is sampled at the end of MGMT's Time to Pretend. Not a guest appearance, but a sample. Still, though.

Speaking of Bowie I never realized John Lennon did the backing vocals on Fame. I knew he wrote it with him but it wasn't until hearing the isolated vocals somewhere I could pick his voice out easier.

If there's a psychedelic freakout guitar solo in a song from an 80s band that usually doesn't have guitar solos, chances are Fripp did it.

Bowie refused to license his songs out for Velvet Goldmine so they got Satellite of Love for the soundtrack. It has nothing to do with the movie really, but Bowie did guest vocals for the track, so he's technically in the movie as a fuck-you.