Is falling for the vinyl meme worth it?

Is falling for the vinyl meme worth it?

No, vinyl is a great medium

also good album

no

Not really. My friends collected records so I started my own collection. It's cool to have a physical copy and the larger artwork is cool and all but it's a really expensive hobby. Unless you have a lot of cash burning a hole in your pocket, it's not worth getting into.

there are worse things to spend disposable income on

No, but that's a great album

I have been a CD fag for 15 years

pretty much what i was going to say.

Is the CD meme worth falling for?

>Pros of collecting vinyl
Giant album artwork
Liner Notes

>Cons Of Collecting Vinyl
High Prices
Lower sound quality
Easily damaged

I collect vinyl but I much prefer listening to a CD

fuck montie. I was caming at sleepy hollow a couple weeks back and completely forgot to let you know i'd be in your area so we could get together from pot and fucking. I only remember now that I've see you post.

yeah, you should post your selfie with your favourite albums.

you have a few LPs, don't you young man.

Yes but only if you buy good music (not Porcupine Tree)

It's good if you want to own music physically without investing too much into it
It's easier to set up
Good for listening in a car

>good music
>(not Porcupine Tree)

kys

i think the lower sound quality is an okay trade off for a warmer tone overall

I get that the vinyl crackling can be nice but is it really a warmer sound? If the music wasn't written to sound warm, it never will, and if it did that would be warping the intended sound.

Nope.

I collected vinyls for the past 7 years (about a hundred, I didn't go crazy) and when my turntable broke last week I sold them all and bought new clothes for the fall. I can still listen to every single one of them on Spotify or if I want lossless I'll go to Tidal or Torrents.

Unless you have a very good stereo setup, you won't notice the difference. It's become a bullshit media the past few years as the major labels now monopolize the presses and try to get people to spend $25 on shitty 90's albums because MUH NOSTALGIA.

I am /fa/ like a motherfucker though with all the money I got for my records :D

Also, there were a decent amount of Vinyls I had that sounded awful. Alice in Chains Black gives way to blue was a TERRIBLE pressing. I've also had albums brand new that skipped. It's a fucking pain in the ass. Just buy a shirt from the bands you want to support.

If you have a good record player/speakers it vinyl should give you better sound quality since its less compressed.

In theory yes, but many of the pressings done today are just Redbook 16-bit CD Audio being transferred to Vinyl. There are artists who keep it analogue all the way, but there are so many repressings of older albums that are snake oil. The analogue recordings (if there even were any) are usually long gone. Everything went digital in the late 80's and 90's because CDs were selling like crazy. There is a good chance that the repressing of your favorite albums, if they were made from 1989-2005, are just Cd audio transferred to vinyl.

>vinyls

oh my god you autist

>Listening to anything Porcupine Tree put out after Stupid Dream

i think impractical physical possessions that needlessly complicate the improvements the digital world have brought us are fucking stupid. who even cares about a shitty warped plastic record "preserving" a physical copy of art, that's hoarder talk. people should save their "muh records" money for a good instrument and equipment and learn to write music themselves, or at least invest more of their money into that sort of thing if they already were to begin with. band merch is cool though, but that's more of a social thing and a way to support a band without buying a dweeby collectible object

Sure, throw your money away. I'm sure those guys deserve it anyway! I mean, it's a very sophisticated piece of technology, you won't even notice rotational velocidensity on your vinyls for a good 12 years!

"Vinyl is the "gluten-free" of music."

Vinyl collecting is expensive but fun. The keyword here is "collecting". You aren't really getting anything drastically better than what you could get via streaming or even cd, but the act of collecting is a good hobby. It's a good feeling looking through a collection of albums you love and own.

This

>lower sound quality

>anime

not for porcupine you fucking idiot, that is even a waste of time

>listening to cds

I like 45's, especially punk 45rpm records and EP's.
I wish Black Flag had more EP's desu.
There's a different feeling with a 45 than just putting on a song, and I like that.