I have a really odd feeling that p4k will give this album a 10 for some reason

I have a really odd feeling that p4k will give this album a 10 for some reason

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11049676
web.archive.org/web/20080307031531/http:/www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/23115-pinkerton
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like it ;)

No album has even gotten a 9.5 since Yeezus

>fag
>black

It's a no brainer, this albums a classic!

This will be the one that gets higher than 9.5. I can feel it

strawpoll.me/11049676
strawpoll.me/11049676
strawpoll.me/11049676

Last 10 was a looooooooong time ago.

They used to give them out way more often during the 2000's. What happened?

Pretty believable, its being raved about pretty much everywhere other than Sup Forums. But thats pretty much the usual

Why? It's terrible, it's not even the terrible that p4k likes.

music got worse

PCness happened

music has been getting worse and worse

who made this album

Justified. It's a masterpiece.

when they finally give another album a 10 it will generate attention and hype like no other
they workin for the build-up

????? explain

only 13 albums have ever gotten a 10/10 on release

>Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
>Kanye - MBDTF
>12 Rods - Gay?
>Amon Tobin - Bricolage
>Walt Mink - El Producto
>Radiohead - OK Computer
>Radiohead - Kid A
>...And You Will Know Us - Source Tags and Codes
>Robert Pollard - Relaxation of the Asshole (meme review)
>Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness
>The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
>Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol 4: Live At Royal Albert Hall

He is gay and black. It will get a 10 for those reasons

The instrumentation is bland, dull, and basically bad ambient from music. The lyrics are pretty weak compared to Channel Orange, and feel likes another example of an artist trying to replicate TPAB's success especially with the last track.

this album is SOOO ofwgtka!! XD

Kill Them All

>>The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
i legitimately hate this album

>bad ambient music

because it has a couple skits its trying to replicate tpab? theres not one track that sounds anything like tpab. No to mention its not even a hip hop album.

>trying to replicate TPAB's success
explain

TPAB? How does it sound like TPAB whatsoever?

shut the fuck up

it's starting to seem there's a really easy, cynical way to pander to clickbait era, 'socially'-minded critics.

see

if p4k gives this a 10 I'll write no love deep web on my dick and post it on Sup Forums

this is a pretty good list besides kanye and flaming lips tbqh

Yup, you can't deny that

I didn't mean that it sounds like it, it one of those pretentious albums about "muh black struggle." I didn't mean to put so much emphasis on TPAB it just felt like it was sort of in that wave of TPAB-inspired albums like Lemonade, TLOP, etc.

Go back there anyway, you're clearly 15-18

nah, it's a bad board
but seriously, there's no way it gets a 10

c a p

t h i s

or

i got twooooooo versions

can you provide us with some examples of how Blonde is about "muh black struggle"

Doubt he even listened to it desu

you have no clue what you're talking about
stop posting thank you!

I listened to it, how else would I know about the shitty instrumentation? Luck guess? Anyway all of the conversations and interviews have a very similar vibe to GKMC and TPAB, I guess you're right not actually about muh black struggle now that I think about it, just about nothing.

Hype aside, I like this album a lot. Probably more than Channel Orange. I'm not even that much of a Frank Ocean fan, but this is solid as fuck

tpab wasnt the first successful album about black peoples struggle you fucking degenerate

>...And You Will Know Us - Source Tags and Codes
I like this album but I still don't know how it got a 10/10 upon release.

unggggg i don't understand it and my parents taught me to be racist because they hate black people when they see them at 7/11. SHUTUP

They became more mainstream? When you're a small independent news source, you think a lot less about scores. When you're the #1 "alternative" music news source, your scores carry a lot more weight

Like every highly anticipated album on mu, any actual discussion gets ruined by the plebs who wanna shit on it just to spite the hype. This album is fantastic

stick to kanye pleb

No shit Sherlock, I don't recall ever saying that. But it was the first one to make it trendy.

Was that supposed to be an insult, cause I love TPAB and must other "black struggle" albums

it was the "muh" that implies dismissing something at face value because it has a certain scene or whatever. just still, fuck boiling it down to a "black struggle" album

Easy way to sum it up so people understand what I mean.

I loved channel orange but this was a terrible follow-up.

this desu.

doesn't anyone from the olden days of Sup Forums remember the pitchfork reporter interview?

This is also why they rarely give anything below a 3-4 anymore. One really low score can tank someone's reputation.

Some people consider Pinkerton to be a P4K 10 aswell because they never originally reviewed it until the deluxe edition came out, idk though

They did though. Gave it a 7.5
web.archive.org/web/20080307031531/http:/www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/23115-pinkerton

>Confirmed listened to one song and is forming entire opinion of the album based around 1/17 of it

>singling out soft bulletin as the bad thing on the list

What the everloving hell does any Frank Ocean record ever have to do with "ambient?" Do you know what ambient is?

I wouldn't say the instrumentation is shitty necessarily, it's just much more subtle than CO, in a good way, I think. It's an extremely vibey album, if that makes sense.

>first one to make it trendy
what about straight outta compton?

do you even know what the fuck you're saying?

Shut the fuck up and never post again. You literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about and should stop listening to music.

I agree. It's not as straightforward and accessible as Channel Orange (which was obviously extremely accessible, not trying to say Frank Ocean is avant garde or anything). But i feel it's actually more interesting than anything he's done before musically.

You mean the same kind of conversations and skits that were had on Channel Orange and Nostalgia Ultra?

It 100 percent wasn't and you thinking it was says a lot.

>Bonnie Prince Billy - I See A Darkness
wtf i love Pitchfork now

its 100 percent not gonna get a ten. if TPAB didnt get a ten this is not gonna get a ten.

The poster youre replying to has no idea what the fuck he's talking about, but Endless clearly has some ambient bits mixed in there desu

I can't stop listening to this album

they gave Riot Boi a 7.5

Well I've yet to listen to Endless so that's on me, but I'll bet it's about as much of an "ambient" record as Animal Colletive is a harsh noise band

Blonde suffers from the same problem that James Blake's The Colour in Anything had imo in that it overstayed its welcome. Some songs just didn't belong on the album plain and simple. The first few tracks were really great actually but it just dulled in the middle with boring instrumentation/lyricism. White Ferrari's probably one of my few favorites on the album, but does it really compare to Pyramids or Forrest Gump or even Rushes on Endless?

Idk Sup Forums, maybe it's just the fact that anything he put out would disappoint a lot of people due to the hype/length of time between albums, but it's just a muddled album altogether imo

Why do white people have such a problem with BLACK artists making music about the BLACK struggle?
You don't see us complaining
about the millions of albums about getting C U C K E D
if thats yall struggle then you should be more then free to incorporate it into your art

who made it?

Are there any songs/albums out now that sound the way Nights does post beat change?

>DROP MY BABY OFF AT HOME BEFORE MY NIGHT SHIFT

>odd feeling
>artist is black
>artist is 'differen't (barely scrapes the experimental barrel)
>artist is 'cool'
>album has been long hyped
>artist is gay

yeah it'll get a 10 alright

shut the up

to be fair, anyone can be cucked- not everyone can be black/white

Is he even gay? I thought he was bi.
doesn't matter tho, the album is good

Yeah I'm just saying there is alot of albums about being cheated on by white folks, it doesn't really come up that much in black music, especially hip hop. But yeah I know.

its that steady jerk bruh, let your body relax cuz when you cum its gonna be a big fucking load

I keep thinking this too. It has everything p4k looks for.

>black artists aren't allowed to make art
> black artists should stick to rapping about murder and being gangsters where they belong

I haven't listened to it yet, but the name and album cover is terrible

Anyone got a working link to Endless? Fuck Apple Music.

9.3 calling it

Nah, its reactions been too mixed. Plus considering they haven't given Kendricks last 3 projects a 10, I doubt this will get one.

Only if you've been on Sup Forums. Every other major publication is loving it. Rolling Stone even said that Ocean "perfected" avant-garde RNB.

the album made me cry. I'm a fag.

Every album gets mixed reactions on this board you retard

IIIIIIIIIInnnnn comes the morning hunting us with the beaaams. Summers not as long as it used to beeeeeeeee

He's black so probably.

>implying mediocre rnb is art

Give me one example (other than Jazz musicians) of black artists being just experimental and avant-garde as whites

Fair, I've only been looking at ktt, mu and r/frankocean

what do you guys think Bigquint will think. I imagine him being taken-aback at quite a lot on his first listen.

amon tobin is sooooo booooooring

If kendrick was gay, TPAB would've been a 10.

>big quint

When will he make the video

Yes, but I still think that it's absurd that they haven't given albums more 9.6-9.9s

is it cause hes black

It's alright

>Endless

>Blonde