Don't show that to Germany

It's so ugly

The fuck is that?

>tfw live in a gridded city
>tfw shitty skyline

>Germans move to the midwest because RECTANGLES and SQUARES

>everything is planned

Communist as hell

Serious question. Do amerifats think they're funny spelling europeans with a y? Because it's just annoying and further enforces our opinion that you're all illiterate rednecks.

And I'm not triggered by gridded cities, I just think it's funny. Because NYC's traffic is SO efficient, right?

>zoning and street planning are communis

The first time I flew to chicago I was stunned, a photo really doesn't do the grid (and how far it extends) justice

Cry more

no, that's seriously how we spell it in the US
like how you guys say colour or flavour

It's essentially the equivalent of "murica" for you guys, but I agree it's a forced meme.

>forced meme

Is that ice!?

>live in Chicago
>get ICE'D
CAN'T MAKE THIS SHIT UP

>don't live in Chicago
>don't have a luxurious and expansive grid
lol LMOAing @ ur """life"""

sometimes I say to myself I wouldn't live living in Chicago but then I stop and remember that if I lived in Chicago then I would literally be living in the Midwest and just the thought of being a Midwesterner makes me want to kill myself

>don't live in Chicago
>live in a large forest
lmao CAN YOU EVEN GO OUTSIDE -RIGHT NOW- AND DROP A DEUCE AND NOT GET ARRESTED?
THOUGHT SO NERD

>live
damn phone
*mind

Clearly has never lived in the midwest, because he doesn't understand that Terre Haute =/=Chicago =/= Detroit.

Chicago is nice downtown, but the surrounding wards are shit-tier and the 'burbs are the same as anywhere else in the USA.

t. lived in DuPage County 1999-2008.

>not going to your local forest preserve to drop a deuce

>Americans genuinely believe their towns look good
>they will never know what it's like to live within a city designed for people and not cars

Your grid cities are hideous. Your skyscrapers and high rises are vomit inducing. Also why are there highways running through them? Disgusting!
I pity you.

Just think, that entire area was virtually uninhabited at the beginning of the 19th century.

We often consider ourselves closer to the East Coast than the Midwest, maybe to distract ourselves from the thought.

You could if you called it a ""protest against Trump""

The Far North Side is bretty gud, but the areas immediately around the Loop are too gentrified.

City on the clouds.....

>and not cars
Excuse u Hungarybro, the Grid System here dates nationwide to the late 18th century and in Chicago to the 1820s, the better part of a century before the automobile. I agree with you on the highways, although neighborhoods are pretty good around here.

I've seen better pics of Budapest than this. That one makes Chicago look comfier.

But when taking Metra downtown/back after dark you need to pay attention to which station you are at. The near west side outside the loop is favela-tier.

I would give anything to live in Seattle/Tacoma

Stunning photos of the city of chicago.
Kiitos!

Here was Chicago in 1945. Really makes you think.

>Americans will defend grid cities

Disgusting

>yurop
>looks like broken glass
lmao
DAS RITE

And the same view now (2003).

>being this irrational when delineating your frontier areas

Looks very much nice cozy city with just old architekture, even though chicago is always known for its criminal activities. I must say that I like grid cities too. I think they can look very harmonius.

That looks really comfortable for some reason to me.

>going to a concert in the west loop two weeks ago
>take bus south to L-station in near west side
>road construction means the bus has to circle around and drop off on street couple blocks west of L-station
>didn't hear the stop that was no longer accessible so stayed on the bus for more blocks until realized what happened
>have to walk to el station at night
>everyone else is black
>'no guns' signs everywhere and people hanging out in vacant lots for some reason
>sweating-man.jpg
>get on the train and two stops later everything is nice and the greatest danger is a drunk lanklet hipster

Yeah; perhaps we're just the boomtown that's never really settled down with the crime, and being the transportation hub of the US does attract much drug stuff, although Al Capone and today's Black gangs are a bit different.

You are enlightened. It's nice to know how to get places by just knowing a few streets since everything predictably intersects.

60s Chicago

That's pretty amazing, I didn't know it gets that cold in Chicago. I assumed stuff like that only happened in Alaska

The grid system is unnatural,makes everything look the same, and on top of that is quite ugly.

Most parts of Chicago unironically look like Chernobyl though

Culture has been much different back then. I also like how skyscrapers were builded with much less safety equipment.

Well I never got to write the word "yurope" in school, so I learned to spell it this way on Sup Forums and I thought it was legit.

>tfw go outside and it's colder than the north pole

>you will never work on skyrise construction in Chicago in the 30s-70s
just die in my sleep already

i'd rather live in scotland

Chicago, being relatively inland, is the coldest major city in the US in the winter and the hottest in the North in the summer. That being said, I think Edmonton and Winnipeg in Canada are still colder.

Cozy! Also the building's shapes are so SCIFI. Mid century architecture is by far most my favorite style with it's futuristic shapes.

>tfw it's 98F/37C outside and 95% humidity and you want to kill yourself

>Romans build in grids.
>Chinese build in grids.
>Medieval Europenises and Ayyrabs ruin Roman cities and think their overgrown villages are """"""""Natural"""""""""""

grids are fucking horrible

we have one city here in grids and its depressing as shit

I think its very natural if people keep building grid cities. Remember people are also part of the nature but we are just aware about it.

bit earlier here

That is gorgerous!

Chicago can get pretty cold but it won't last long. Also it snows a lot due to the lake effect. But again the snow will melt pretty quick. Sometimes it looks like this after a heavy snowfall. Yet the climate in general is very mild. Chicago weather is weird.

We ARE nature.
Our overevolved ape-minds aren't some magical other-dimensional creation.

>Chicago weather is weird.

why
this is comfy/10

>square
>only 3 right angles

Yes well i meant that, sorry. Like part of nature which is a collective of organic and unorganic matter in our universe.

These sort of thoughts always make me feel less depressed for some reason.

close enough.

I must visit chicago at least once! Absolutely stunning city.

I think midwestern states are rectangles because of the terrain is so simple if i recall correctly.

I think if you sometimes view our world like that, every worry seems so pointless. Its calming tought indeed.

It is a nice city, imo. Just keep out of the south side for the most part.

This is true, anxiety goes away because of what you said and depression lessens since any failures seem like they won't matter in the end

Oh wait, I re-read your post and you did just say that.
I should be the one who's sorry, so I apologize and agree.

>brazil es white

why all the circles inside squares?

Come on. I've lived there and understand, but we have to stop with the "95% humidity" meme. When it's 95 degrees in the midwest the humidity is never above 50%. Ever, ever. Even in the middle of a cornfield.

It sucks ass, it's nasty and miserable, and it's the reason we have air conditioning everywhere --- but it's not at that level.

Yes. But unfortunately atleast I eventually drift my thoughts back to the earthly worries. I know its how we people function, but i just dont want to. Also good night, its 2.49 o'clockhere in Finland. Hope you people have good day!

Probably to facilitate irrigators, but IDK

It happens. I go running a lot so I keep track of the weather during the summer to know what to wear and how much water to drink (sweat so much more when it's humid).

This is the reason that America has the world's best meteorologists. We actually have weather. Real weather. And it matters.

There's some sort of line thing that spins around, I don't know what its called

Sleep well, friend.

You too man, sweet dreams.

Yeah sure, but that only happens on foggy August mornings when it's 68F outside.

I'm just saying the "95F / 95% humidity" thing doesn't happen anywhere in the US. It may feel like it, but it's not reality.

Yet.

This