Post your most unpopular opinion ITT

Nomi >>>>> Bowie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=irqXX3Ltpi8&list=PLvtN0Iob6_3G9yW8NcdKixbQLLgswPL2N&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=bzhLamrxacE
youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bowie is just overrated in general, i've always liked Iggy Pop better.

Grimes is okay but is overrated as hell

the beatles suck and just had good producers

the beatles suck including their songs' production

I don't like Blonde OR Endless.

Black people need to go back to jazz and blues and pretend rap and hip-hop was just a bad dream.

King of Limbs is by far the best Radiohead

i'm not a wrong generation faggot

but all modern hip hop is shit

that's an extremely popular opinion here, and even more so elsewhere. here, the most popular opinion is actually that grimes is a worthless semen receptacle whose music is irrelevant trash, followed by the opinion you stated as the number two, with mildly liking her but preferring her older music at number three, and finally number four, actually loving her.

i love grimes and consider art angels one of the greatest albums ever and that would be a much less popular opinion than yours.

i think u2 have been a great band until 2004

Hunter Hunt-Hendrix is highly underrated. Egomaniac, yes, but underrated.

The best rappers currently active are Young Thug, Busdriver, and KOOL A.D. No one else comes close.

I enjoy listening to music

The black twilight circle is quite underrated

Legit question: does this guy, Nomi, have original material of his own?
I always thought he was famous just for being bizarre and for backing up artists like Bowie.

Grimes is absolute shit

You don't know shit about hip-hop it seems.

wow, dude! what a controversial opinion!

you're very brave to post that

Criss Oliva was in the top 5 metal guitarists ever

hmmm

I'm definitely not a Nomi scholar by any means so this is a pretty amateur opinion, but I do believe he has original work. His unfinished opera, za bakdaz, is really amazing and I believe his own creation, you can find it in full through this playlist here

youtube.com/watch?v=irqXX3Ltpi8&list=PLvtN0Iob6_3G9yW8NcdKixbQLLgswPL2N&index=1

Also, he has plenty of straight up original songs on his other albums. Keys of Life, for example. Or his songs like After The Fall and Total Eclipse, which I believe were written by somebody with the last name Hoffman but I'm not sure. Sorry for the stream of consciousness bullshit but I'm at work. Anyways those Hoffman songs aren't covers or anything so I'd call them original. And even his covers have such radically different arrangements than the original versions that it's a new original take in my opinion. But yeah, he's got some original stuff.

Kanye West is the voice of our generation

This album was just plain terrible. Literally the worst hip-hop album i've heard in a whiler

this x1000

instrumental hip hop albums are pointless

Isn't Anything > Loveless

triggered

Antonio Variaçoes > Klaus Nomi

youtube.com/watch?v=bzhLamrxacE

blink-182 is a fairly standard punk band for their time, and if they hadn't gotten so famous people would group them in with bands like The Promise Ring and The Get Up Kids.

Raw Power is a glam rock band.

Amebix are what most black metal bands wish they could be.

Discharge were a very good punk band, but not nearly as good as Amebix, and it's Discharge's fault that so many modern crust punk bands are basically just dumb metal bands.

GISM is basically a dumb metal band, and they suck.

Singles Going Steady isn't a very good punk album.

Guitarist Robert Quine is the best part of Richard Hell & The Voidoids, and is one of the greatest guitarists in rock history.

Richard Hell is a better writer than he ever was a musician.

Crass were one of the best and most visionary first wave punk bands.

The Ex is one of the greatest rock bands of all time.

The Libertines are by far the best garage rock revival band.

Matt Johnson of The The is one of the greatest lyricists and vocalists in rock history.

Danny Brown is possibly the greatest major rapper since Aesop Rock.

Hüsker Dü were the most important 80s hardcore band.

Azealia Banks was super cute until she ruined her looks with breast implants... now she's as gross on the outside as she is on the inside

The vocalist of Monsieur Periné is the cutest contemporary musician

Have Heart wrote great lyrics

Grimes is gross, and there are tons of women who are both more attractive and more talented, including but not limited to Marina Diamandis, Annie Clark, Lavren, Fiona Apple, and so on

K-Pop is the worst thing to happen to popular music since hair metal

Jangle Pop is one of the greatest rock genres ever

Third Stream Jazz is possibly the most important thing to happen to art music since the 19th century, because it's actually relevant to non-academics

Uriah Heep had a bigger influence on power metal than Rainbow

China has the greatest non-European classical tradition

this thread smells of AIDS :/

thanks scaruffi

Lil Yachty's the next Kanye

some good opinions here dubber, definitely agree with you on that Danny Brown tip. Fuck Discharge imo. Azealia Banks is overhated.

Overall 9/10, would engage with

:(

>Singles Going Steady isn't a very good punk album.
Just because it isn't edgy and aggressive as fuck doesn't make it bad
It's really great power pop at the very least

I quite enjoy Warped Tour style "Emo"

Elvis Presley is the King, for many more reasons other than music.

>ability to eat 20 burgers in one sitting

Spenser Clark, James Ferraro and Lieven Martens(in that order) are the greatest electronic musicians of 21th century(for now). Anything else is completely generic and laughable including OPN.

Unpopular opinion: music is subjective

Music shouldn't be a hobby for anyone above age 24.

Why? Oh you're a pleb who listens to pop it makes sense now.

Music is something for teens to experience new emotions. This is why most songs are aimed towards them and are about love and feeling alone and shit, it appeals to teens and their emotions they are feeling for the first time. So if you're experiencing heart break and isolation for the first time something like the Wall will be mind blowing to you. Once you grow out of that phase there's really no reason to be so fascinated by it

Thats not a unpopular opinion, thats just logically wrong and completely retarded.

You've never heard of blues music, have you?

That's the biggest pile of sheep shit I've ever heard

Sounds like you have a very narrow view of music. What you said may be true for some music but there's a huge variety of amazing shit out there for all.

Just because of shitty production of their albums

This has got to be one of the most retarded statements I've ever read.
Not only you're saying that music (and poetry, and every other form of art for that matter) only talks about the superficial subject of teenage love and isolation, you're also stating that adult human beings don't have a rich emotional life.
You must be the most boring person alive.
This has got to be b8 or autism.

P.s: What are you doing on this board, BTW?

Bowie had great tunes ruined by his pretentious haiku-like shitty lyrics.

This is one of the greatest albums of all time

St.Vincent will never be anything beyond above average. Ever.
Everything else is just viral marketing.

>Not counting catfish tidbits.

I tend to have a harder time listening to albums if there isn't some existent fame or legacy attached to it.

This isn't an opinion, is it?

Bowie will forever be the Sovereign

Eh, the more I watch that episode the more i realize his role is overrated in it. There's so much they could do with Bowie as Sovereign, but all they did was a bunch of obvious in-jokes and didn't even integrate him much into the world. The Hours joke and the "Ello I'm david bowie" were the best that episode had.

First of all Nomi was never pop & second off all we all know Marc Bolan is king.

Bands like Duran Duran and A-ha actually had solid and mature songs being made sometime during their careers, their boyband/homo fame is prejudice.

I loved Bowie, but T-Rex was the starting point.

people on mu are very unintelligent

World Coming Down is Type O Negative's worst album. From a sound perspective it's probably better than Life is Killing Me, but it's depressing, too depressing, even as someone who listens to stuff like this a lot. It's pretty obvious that unlike a lot of other Type O albums, this wasn't intentional. There's a LOT of great songs on here, and listened to on shuffle with the interludes cut, it's fantastic, but this is an album that by the end of it every member of the band is now dead, and two Bloody Kisses esq-spooky fun tracks and a Beatles Medly can't take away how bad you feel.

I understand if you love this, but it's just not a pleasant or even stable listening. Giles Corey never accidentally hit this deep.

I hate when there is singing in jazz music

Even scat singing? Are you the type to like generic elevator music user?

no, but like ella fitzgerald... Now that i think of it's mostly when women sing i jazz. I do enjoy scat singing from time to time, but what i like about jazz, is the musics ability to evolve and change the way the musicians want it to, i dont believe this is possible when there are lyrics to keep to.

>blink-182 is a fairly standard punk band for their time, and if they hadn't gotten so famous people would group them in with bands like The Promise Ring and The Get Up Kids.

Who else would you group them with?

>Hüsker Dü were the most important 80s hardcore band
discharge, by a large margin, then maybe minor threat, but husker du isn't even on the same shelf

>Have Heart wrote great lyrics
i dont think anyone would have even questioned this

just my counter opinions, i dont even think you are wrong, just that I look at it differently

gary numan>bowie

genesis is the best prog group, and peter gabriel was far and away the better musician than phil collins

randy rhoads whas the best technical player to live yet, but also had a style to match his ability

beastie boys did more for rap/hiphop than any black could have ever done

>gary numan>bowie
Indeed, Gary Numan is top-notch stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=Ldyx3KHOFXw