>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11048078
gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Orange-Crush-35RT-Guitar-Combo-Amp/168L#full-des
youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM
youtu.be/H-XhYBOthSw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

9 string and anime pussee post

favorite Boss pedal go

mine is the RV-3, I own two and am buying a third one from a friend soon.

This is a tele thread now

1/3

2/3

3/3

If you don't like Telecasters leave my fucking thread RIGHT NOW

Why are they so sexy?

Telecasters are cool sometimes

Wait, there's actually a fog machine built into that thing?

>Go to gig
>Fat guitarist using a strat
>Next band starts playing
>Handsome guitarist using a tele
Why is this a thing

Yep.

Oh, that's rad

DUDE

nice

but... why?

What should I learn to play next?

Take off those fucking humbuckers

Cool stage show

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Math rock
>Music "theory"

O I am laffin

>inline 8 string headstock
please dont

Meme: The instrument
I really hope it's yours

god, that guitar looks so gay.

you might as well slap a gay pride sticker on the side of that with a tag around your neck that says "i suck cock for free"

When I turn on my Digitech Space station, it's way too loud but sounds great. The only solutions I've found are:

>Lower the volume knob on my instrument
>Lower the volume/gain on my amp

I don't like either of these because it messes with my tone / distortion. Would a compressor pedal do the trick? Should I put it before or after the Space Station?

My chain right now:
>Guitar
>EHX Pitchfork
>Digitech Space Station
>Mr Black Phase shifter
>Mr Black Reverb

THANKS MOO

Prove your eternal Tele homolust fæmælæm:
strawpoll.me/11048078
strawpoll.me/11048078
strawpoll.me/11048078

>Pat Metheny was only 21 when he recorded this.

God damn, that's talent. Kind of discouraging tbqh.

I should add that I don't even want to compress the sound, I just want to lower the volume without losing the dynamic range.

Is there another pedal better suited for this?

>any amps
>any effects
>any guitar
>any bass
>picks
>cables
>music

lol, what r u, gay?

>intentional creating soundwaves for aesthetic or expressive purposes

why is it happen

sup /gg/.
i really want to upgrade from my shitty Les Paul Special ll into something better.
is it a waste of money to buy one of these DIY kits and mod it myself? are these guitars even playable?
i want a strat, but i hate most of their colors. i want to buy this DIY kit, give it just a clear finish, and slap on some custom pickups and hardware.

If you know exactly how you want your guitar to look/feel/sound, go for it. It can be a good way to save money and it's a pretty fun process. Plus, it's super gratifying to play a guitar that you essentially built with your own hands. The resell value is terrible though, so keep that in mind.

thanks. i'm just worried i'll screw up and end up with a guitar with a loose neck or something.

Baja Tele or Nashville tele

>Strat winning the poll
Never knew /gg/ had such shitty taste

It's not. It's something you made up in an effort to shitpost about strats.

You see more fat people using strats because more people use strats

If it's your first, then it might not turn out as good as you'd wish. Unless you want the thrill of building your guitar I'd rather buy a good Strat second hand and refinish it/sand and clear coat it.

fender usa professional strat

Y'all excited for this?

Steve Morse would be proud.

They aren't generally cheaper than refinishing a finished guitar and replacing pickups, and generally have worse necks. Surprisingly enough, it's cheaper for the stuff to be assembled in China for ease of shipping. Going the mod route, I'd recommend just getting the cheapest guitar you can find with a respectable quality neck that fits your preferences.

kek, true
Wouldn't magnetic pull of several pickups affect the sustain somehow? Or it's just a matter of adjusting the height well enough to counter that.

so basically, get a Squire and pimp it out?

>not installing a sustainer

A compressor isn't going to volumetrically equalize the massive difference between your two signals from the Space Station's probably 6+dB gain. They don't work like that.

You need a volume pedal, or to adjust the internal gain trim on the Space Station, or to say fuck it to whatever shitty patch the Space Station is on, because a lot of them (especially anything with sideband ring mod) are just crazy loud.

RIP Tom ;_;

Y'know, I've never even considered that. I'm guessing their heights are all adjusted to compensate, like you said. Who knows, though. It might help his violin-y playstyle.

it all depends on the strenght of every magnet added up, my bridge humbucker is ~2mm away from the strings and the difference in sustain is unnoticeable.

No one want to answer my newfag question?

I like the baja better. SSS and Tele don't do it for me and I really don't like how the mid pup looks there. Go Strat for that.

Yeah that's what i was thinking, maybe i should get a Nashville later on though, i was considering one because i played some strats and none did it for me

who

Go with your gut. Buy used if possible. Have someone who knows something about guitar come make sure nothing weird is going on with it.

Priorities:
1. Is the neck comfortable?
2. Does it sound good?
3. Nothing else matters.

That's it. Even then as long as a neck is a right fit the sound can always be improved. Don't get stuck on Fenders despite what the fags here say... Play a ton of guitars. If you're the blues guy playing on a BC Rich, nobody will actually care when you're performing.

Tom

I need something with a headphone jack because I'm living with other people next year at university. I really like the sound of this amp, but for the budget any recs are welcome

gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Orange-Crush-35RT-Guitar-Combo-Amp/168L#full-des

Is this a good looper pedal? I'm about to pick one up from CL for $100, wanted know if it's the best option at that price.

Basically, but I don't think squire is a great choice unless you really want the headstock. Seems like you have to spend $200 just to get a sturdy neck.

To answer simply, no. There are two parts to a magnetic field and in order for damping to occur the string has to be within the inner field. I don't remember the terms for this stuff, but it boils down to that the string would have to be nearly touching for damping to occur. I think Dylan pickups had a lecture on YouTube about it.

All looper pedals are pretty much the same until you start spending a shit-ton of money on the higher end Boss, EHX, or the Pigtronix.

Tom

This. You need polarization. It's the premise of an ebow or a Fernandez Sustaniac.

I have one (got it on eBay for $80) and I like it quite a bit. It has a lot of extra features that the Ditto and most of the lower priced loopers don't have. Digitech pedals are usually good sturdy quality from my experience too.

>3. Nothing else matters.

I mean I know that song is easy but do I really have to play it on all the guitars I try out?

get sunn O))) on this

It's Squier you stupid faggots

Squier, look at your fucking guitar's goddamned headstock.

Why the fuck do people even buy squiers?
Just start on a shit acoustic and save money for a good guitar that will last you years, rather than a piece of shit that you will hate after one year

hi all, I've been playing for 5months with some starter pack with a fender amp and a bad fender strat - those 150$ starterpacks
and I'm about to buy some better gear in 2-3 months
>24yo finally out of uni, with a job and free time
>gonna buy a Jackson JS32 Kelly as my first metal guitar
my dream is to play old and new thrash and death metal
as in Megadeth, Carcass, Death, Dying fetus, Xentrix, Exodus and so many others

Megadeth was one of the bands that influenced me the most when i was a kid

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpbpOgUybBM

I'm here to ask you guys - what amp in the range of 300-400$ should i get for my Jackson given i want to achieve that darker sound of thrash and death metal
is it even worth buying a cheap amp or should i save up for something better? the amp i have now is awful and the drive channel sounds shit - 60$ amp kind of shit

Lmao

>buy a shit guitar with bad upper fret access and a useless resonant chamber instead of a simple shit guitar

If you didn't play Nothing Else Matters on your Squier Bullet then you don't belong here

That guitar can't to shit compared to mine.

Suck a dick, Steve.

Because a shit acoustic will be cheaper, thus you get more money for a good used guitar and a good begginer amp

Thanks guys, I think Imma go for it then. I was looking at the Boss RC-2, but someone suggested the Jamman instead. I would go for one of the higher end ones but I don't really plan on making loops the cornerstone of my performance, this would be more for practice and jamming. The Ditto seems like a meme.

>a shit acoustic will be cheaper
sure, a shit acoustic will be cheaper than a shit electric, but a shit acoustic will also be barely playable, have a stupidly thick neck, and might also suddently break down because who the fuck would trust the chinese to do a proper bracing.
plus a lot of people who learn on acoustic don't learn to mute properly and sound like shit later on.

anyone wanna gib me advice ?

If you don't own a pair of converse then you are not a real guitarist
Disucss

>not sure if bait or autism

I have high arches and converse have no support so I can't wear them (I wouldn't want to anyway)

Just buy a Blackstar. All the kids seem to buy them today for high gain.

>0 votes for Mustang
I thought we had a short scale squad here

If you don't own a pair of converse then you are not a real 17 year old European girl
Disucss

It's okay in your case!
You're not Alternative if you don't wear converse

HM-2 'till I die.

Why the fuck is the strat winning? just looking at one pisses me off.

>short scale squad
More like a short bus.

I want to replace my MIJ Squier P-Bass pick-ups with some Fender P-Bass pick-ups. Is there actually a difference between them? (actual improvement soundwise) If so, how can I identify them apart? since I might buy them used from the internet.

You're probably going to want to save a bit more. Unfortunately you can't get a good metal tone out of most solid state amps which eliminates most really cheap options. Fortunately one of the most used metal amps (5150/6505) is fairly cheap. Some amps I would check out are the Orange Dark Terror, the Peavey 6505 combos, and the Marshall DSL 15c and 40c. I know Chuck Shuldinger (Death) used a Marshall Valvestate 8100 which I know you can get for super cheap actually, so check those out as well.

There's probably a difference, I wouldn't know about your bass specifically but you can pop the pickguard off and see if you have bar magnet or magnetic pole pieces. I don't recommend going for fender over other brands of aftermarket pickups though. I think bill Lawrence makes a really nice set.

>Peavey 6505 combos
the 5150 combos are 2x12" and made in USA but tend to go off at similar prices

Hi

My gear

> Ukulele stagg
> Accoustic guitar
> Bass Ibanez GSR200 (the one with 4 potentiometers)
> Eagleton amplifier 50W 12'

I still play guitar since 2 years and ukulele and bass since 1 year, I play better bass or uku than guitar and I would improve my skill with my bass and my uku

What about pedal too ? I heard that useless with bass.

And I would paint on my uku (the wood doesn't look vanished)

That feel when no ones recognizing Devin Townsend's Framus Baritone 7 string LED projecting LED inlay fog machine guitar "Ziltoid V"

youtu.be/H-XhYBOthSw

>80's Silverburst Les Paul Custom w/ built-in fog machine connected to propriety Gibson™ fog juice backpack

That'll be $666,000, drone lawyer.

i keep trying to buy something from this local guitar shop that's really helpful, but they have zero inventory. i tried to buy an explorer case and they didn't have one, they didn't even say they could order one, just told me to buy it online. literally. and today i tried to buy a wah and they didn't have any. they said because nobody buys them... but they have niche stuff like volume expression pedals...

What brands would you recommend?

Christ, the bottom point must hit the ground all the time

Does the fog alter the tone?