Is their another band that gets more undeserved hate than TOP?

Is their another band that gets more undeserved hate than TOP?

FAG

No. They're suffering the same fate of Arctic Monkeys and The 1975: Teenage girls like them, so Sup Forums feels obligated to hate them.

You sound upset

>you only hate them because of the fans!

I hate them because it's uninspired insipid garbage that doesn't redeem its own laziness by at least being catchy and enjoyable, opting instead to be absolutely grating even as background noise.

i believe TOP is legitimately the worst mainstream band in the 2010's

no band deserves hate tbqh
well maybe if they behave like assholes but other than that

But they are catchy

That doesn't make it good, but it sure as hell will sell. Think of all the catchy jingles on TV that make companies millions

also the fact that they make shitty music, just like those other bands

well theres thousands of other "catchy" albums and yet you chose one of the shittiest rock bands right now, great job

>undeserved hate

It is

Their music feels boring and pretentious for the most part. It's full of cringy shallow lyrics that try way too hard to feel deep and thoughtful

>their
typical 21 Toilets fan

>Spent ten years playing music about rural poverty and actual attempted suicide
>They basically make Dr Seuss sounding ass to pander to the edgy faggot crowd
>I made $2,000 in five years
>They're millionaires

I'm not anti-mainstream, but these guys are absolute cancer.

Bery ebic man XD UPBOAT!

How old are you? And how many things do you identify as?

undeserved implies they don't deserve the hate

but they do

Honestly haven't listened to any of their music.
Kind of just ignored all the attention they have been getting, both positive and negative.

It seems that they are popular with people who are just breaking the surface of discovering that actual entire albums exist, and you don't have to listen to songs as part of compilations. I don't know why, but they seem to have gathered a lot of sex appeal too.

A similar thing happened with The XX back in 2009. Few popular singles, recognised by critics, and was either accepted/loved or despised by the likes of music lovers. Their self-titled album acted as an entry-level album for lots of kids and those of little experience. This is why people loved it and hated it.
The people that wanted something to hate and were just bitter for little reason other than to just hate all pop were like:
>entry-level faggotry
but those using it as a platform for a broader knowledge of music were like:
>it's deep and inspired

Don't know if this is the same deal, as I don't know any of the backstory of the band or if they have any actual integrity or musical credibility. Will have to give it a listen I guess.

well user, let's hear your music

got a link?

Old enough, I'm not a super fan but they're not THAT bad
Not really they seem like really nice guys no matter if you like their music or not

imagine listening to the song "car radio" and not breaking down into laughter

then almost dying when you hear fans refer to the lyrics as "pure poetry"

They have meaningful songs listen to house of gold or goner

They don't deserve the insane love and recognition they get. Honestly they do deserve the hate they get. They try to be LOL SO RANDOM XD with their music. Let's do some rap, but some "screamo", but something else. I get it, they're "doing something new" but do they really deserve to be this famous?

>house of gold

i literally wrote a similar song to this when i was 15, but im sure it sounded better than quite frankly dreadful ukulele for dummies garbage

>And when your father turns to stone will you take care of me?

deep as fuck dude!

>random screaming

oh my god this is fucking hilarious HAHAAHaha

will report back with goner this is too funny

you're one of the bitter for the sake of being bitter cunts I was talking about.

bet your favourite band is something super deep like king crimson or death grips.

haha fuck

this goner track sounds like someones trying to be a mix of coldplay, radiohead and some fucking emo screamer band

>more random screaming

oh my god why its so fucking bad

They're popular and you're not you just hate it because it's popular and you're jealous of their success they wouldn't be bad if they were popular

This

This
I disagree, they bore me. They sound like any other found-on-the-"alternative"-radio-station band.

DG, hasn't been my go to band in a while. Something like Radiohead, or My Morning Jacket would be my go to.

to be honest Lane Boy made me like them and the lyrics to Lane Boy made me hate them. So pretentious, typical teenage angst band

Before Lane Boy I had heard stressed out but anways cringed at the lyrics, even though I found the instrumental fine.

They played lollapalooza this year in Brazil but apart from that they've already faded into irrelevance here

Shit can be popular.

Lmao, thinking this is a viable argument. Grow up kids. Just because we don't like the bands you do, doesn't mean it's because they're famous and we aren't.

Read the Lyrics again. They tell an inspirational story, it probably flew over your head
They are a successful band you're so obviously jealous grow up

Who is Dr Seuss user?

But in this case it's true, y'all just hate them bc tumblr loves them

Thanks for proving my point

I honestly don't care that they're successful and I'm not. If that was the case I wouldn't like any band.

what the fuck is this 8th grade? who makes that kind of shitty argument still

We hate them because they're bad.

They wouldn't be good if they weren't popular this is the case for any music they're popular for a reason because they make meaningful music

Thicker than a bowl of oatmeal over here.

Christ on a bicycle

oh ye so much more intelligent and sophisticated.

radiohead are the same level of entry-level cringe, and my morning jacket don't even know what they are.

did you read any of these posts?

7/10 or underage.

>radiohead are the same level of entry-level cringe

back to tumblr lad

Did you read mine? Of course not you're a contrarian

you are fucking gay and i am not the dude you're responding to

i'm sure your taste is SO DEEP AND INTELLIGENT

lol fucking faggot

>posting this faggot twice in the same day

classic shit argument made by people with shit taste in music
it's like going to a 3 michelin star restaurant which clearly doesn't deserve it and you're the chefs best friend then when you overhear some dudes saying how the fuck did this get 3 michelin stars you proceed to spazz out on the dudes saying CAN YOU FUCKING DO BETTER? COOK ME SOMETHING RIGHT NOW YOU PIECE OF SHIT
you're a fucking idiot

They are though. They capitalize on dumb idiots like you who think they're something more than an mediocre pop group. 21 pilots actually make good music. How many radio singles did Radiohead have? Oh yeah just one and it sucks dick

I don't see the appeal, what's so great about this band? Nothing new, exciting, or even remotely good. just a bunch of angst ridden adults pretending to be deep

>Radiohead are the same level of entry-level cringe
Oh man, are you having a laugh?

They didn't get popular for no reason. You couldn't do better because you're a close minded autist.

this. This kid is gonna be in school in two weeks anyway

>Nothing new

No other band sounds like them. you're an idiot

I'm a art pop man myself, Everything Everything, 21 Pilots, Animal Collective, the list could go on

That's a funny way to say "they sound like every other band".

this guy is literally saying this shit show of a "band" is avant-garde

See

Like who? You're a fucking moron

lol, is this bait?

see its okay to like them but now youre just being a faggot

Give me some examples then. Just one. Do it.

kek

Thinking singles is a form of something amazing now. That's a nice joke. Just because Radiohead didn't appeal to the kiddies doesn't mean they're bad. Sorry they didn't make a sing about their car radio being stolen. Lmao, even thinking Radiohead is a pop band. Were you dropped on the head as a baby?

21pilots are shitty mainstream-appropriated indie rap. but obviously you can't see that and where they draw from because you're a fucking pleb with shit taste. i suggest you try reddit or youtube comments sections if you want a bunch of plebs like yourself to massage your consensus-hungry balls you massive faggot.

Don't worry though, they'll all jack off to a song about a car radio.

So you can break it down to the exact small differences and cherry-pick to show how different and fresh 21 pilots are, then call me a an idiot for literally anything I say? If I had the radio on before I heard a new song by them, and the DJ said "here's Heathens by Alt-J" I wouldn't bat an eye.

i know of at least two, Why? and Awolnation

They sound nothing like alt j dumb ass
Wew buzzwords nice job Sup Forums samefag

Yeah, I'm not him.

haha exactly. they might have their own difference because they are different human beings, but my point is that I wouldn't hear their songs and think "wait this is something new, I haven't heard anything like this before".

Are you gonna like them when you stop going to school?

>Radiohead didn't appeal to the kiddies

That's exactly who they appeal to. If you're gonna listen to something as shallow as Radiohead without being self aware you should just cry yourself to sleep come back to me when that idiot can write one verse as good as car radio.
You make no sense and are just proving my point more

in tears right now lads

>poetry

KEK

>somebody stole my car radio
>my car radio
>now i sit in silence

10/10 lads

there aren't any buzzwords actually. you're just a massive pleb don't worry about it.
and referencing pol? jesus christ how desperate are you you're already in the grave don't dig yourself further in you dumb piece of shit.

I meant pander you twat. TOP is a shitty band, who knows what tweens and teens feel cause muh depression. So they sing about that, and make bank.

let's see you write something better and also get famous

Truly the Edgar Allan Poe of our generation

THIS IS NOT A VALID ARGUMENT

So deep. I'm gonna go cry and talk about how deep they are.

Yes Radiohead do the same thing but less genuine and meaningul and yet you praise them for it lol wow

m8 hes like some 15 year old tumblr fat goth give him a break

p.s OP i like joy division too!

neither is using buzzwords autist
you still haven't proved me wrong

man that's blatant b8 m8

>Someone confiscated my automobile transceiver
>my automobile transceiver
>Now I sit in quietude

yep, you're right. my bad dude. i now see that i just don't see the genius. 21 pilots is so fresh and, as i have with all of their songs in the past (without realizing it), i will really take notice next time they drop an assured game-changer single.

Do you have some gimmick and faux charisma? You could go all the way to the top!

I can play a ukulele!

for your point to be valid that must mean EVERY SINGLE PERSON that has EVER existed has been famous for something GOOD and being infamous must not exist

kys lad

idk man.
I love Ride, Stressed Out, Ode To Sleep, Truce, House Of Gold, and Implicit Demand For Proof tho.

and randomly SCREAM!! RAWR XD :3

It would also mean the most famous people in any given area are the most talented. Additionally, why would TOP's detractors not being able to produce something even more pandering and manipulative disqualify their criticisms?

user you just said they suck because you're music is better than theirs and deserves success more than they do.

Its not unreasonable to ask about your music