youtube.com/watch?v=c0xNodUjHiM
youtube.com/watch?v=6XWqLJQ_7_k
youtube.com/watch?v=YO31Vgrr3oM
youtube.com/watch?v=htfy83TiYP8
youtube.com/watch?v=osZmEQljDs8
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nirvana 2.0

Same as Nirvana but with a different number of people,sound and the lyrics tackle different themes.

only good album was Ten
second best MTV Unplugged
considering 1990-1994, they were the 3rd best grunge band
Eddie Vedder is a hippy idiot who is a very overrated singer
they should give up Matt Cameron and stop holding him back from Soundgarden

>Redpill me on-

no

Worst of the big grunge bands.

Came out of the ashes of Green River and some other bands from Seattle's underground. Gained commercial success on Nirvana's coattails even though their sound was much more commercial and had big leads. Became one of the highest selling bands of the 90s. They didn't make music videos or play at Ticketmaster venues at their commercial peak (93-96) so fans would literally need to drive to venues in the middle of nowehre to see them live.

I personally think they sounded pretty authentic on the album Ten, so I don't really consider them hack frauds, but every shitty rock band that was forced on us in their wake has tried to sound like them, way moreso than Nirvana.

Oh wait no - Stone Temple Pilots. Pearl Jam is the second worst.

>tfw I like stp

I agree exactly; STP doesn't count in my book though since they're copy cats. Funny though that people called Pearl Jam copy cats at the time too

Don't even care, but I love them.

youtu.be/XzgQHXnHceg

Fuck Black, this is their best song.

youtube.com/watch?v=uYjM-BuE3Cs

Don't bother.

when did Rand Paul take over as frontman?
but really, why post anything other than the unplugged version?
nah, when I listen to unplugged I literally skip. That and Alive. Alive is so fucking overrated

>tfw old enough to remember Jeremy being a thing

youtube.com/watch?v=5ChbxMVgGV4

Speaking of which, wasn't that video in regular rotation on MTV? You'd think the parents of the kid who killed himself would've found out and put in some kind of complaint, especially considering the kid who shoots himself in the video looked A LOT like their son.

They're ok if you never ever read any interview with Eddie Vedder.

30 yr old feels damn

Same. I like them way more than Pearl Jam, anyway. They had far more memorable songs

Poser fags, don't list to these guys. They sound nothing like nirvana. At all. These guys should be ridiculed. They don't know what the fuck they're talking about.

Best album would be riot act. This is their prime. Mike is a hell of a guitarist.
They're a standard rock band. With standard song structures, fast rhythms, dirty signals and plenty of yelling at the right time. Eddie Veder is a crazy mother fucker who will jump off the top of the stage and surely beat the shit out of most modern rock musicians. This is why they hate. Honestly, many bands wouldn't be here without these guys.

They sound nothing like STP

Honestly, no one here Seattle's enough. I'm off to hang on the flipity flop.

There is nothing to redpill you on.
Pearl Jam was a shitty band. It was a good band with no singer that got a really shitty grunge wannabe surfer faggot to replace their dead junky singer and they've been really shitty ever since. The end.

The redpill is that they're good. Might be difficult to swallow.

Vedder ruins everything he touches.
He's why Hunger Strike is the only listenable Temple of the Dog song.

*unlistenable

they're pretty good, especially live

haven't listened to them in quiet some time tho since i went through pretty much their whole discography, last album was meh but the 9 other albums are damn nice. ten and no code are 10/10s to me

also they have great songs for when you're feeling melancholic

youtube.com/watch?v=THD-U1B-Jtc
youtube.com/watch?v=CgSR4ltkDCg
youtube.com/watch?v=c0xNodUjHiM
youtube.com/watch?v=6XWqLJQ_7_k

youtube.com/watch?v=YO31Vgrr3oM

better than the original desu

Glad someone understands

Pearl Jam is a good mix of hard rovk with post-punk, at least Ten.

Why would they? He spoke about why he did it, and it wasn't like they were making fun of the son or profiting off his name.

This guy's got it. I don't get why they get called a grunge band though really, they're really obviously different to any of the other bands in the genre.

Vedder is literally one of the most influential Singer ever

They're a great band that continues to not give a shit about any of the criticisms they've received, and are often scapegoated for the actions of ripoff bands that came later even though they had nothing to do with it. They were also a band who dared to continually alter their sound even though lots of people wanted another Ten, but they wouldn't give it to them.

>they should give up Matt Cameron and stop holding him back from Soundgarden
This is pretty much the only accurate thing about this post, aside from maybe being the third best grunge band. Cameron adds a spice to PJ, but he doesn't really get to display his versatility in that band. Soundgarden has always been his true calling.

Pretty much, but I'll always argue that No Code was their best.

youtube.com/watch?v=htfy83TiYP8

best song here

>see Pearl Jam thread
>ohboyherewego.jpg
>of course contrarian kids will bash one of the best bands in history
Let me guess, you guys love death grips, swans and kanye west, amirite?

they've got a great series of live albums and performances. Also Vedder was the best part of Into the Wild, sadly enough

A-1 bait my dude

Not grunge, listen to early Melvin's.

Great band, people who say they're rip offs are literally listening to retard kurt's butthurt ramblings that only he was da tru artistic soul.

That said Vedder is a fucking cuck.

Melvins is sludge metal not grunge

IVE GOT TOO MUCH TIME TO BE WITHOUT LOVE

ok mr trips blue pill me on feminism

Black is a pretty good karaoke song

They're okay I guess

But Ten didn't move shit for units until Nevermind was released, never forget that Seattle-fags.

Nirvana's reputation didn't move for shit until kurt debrained himself, never forget that kurt-fags.

And then it wound up selling more anyway.

factually incorrect

...due to the way which was paved by the mainstream success of Nirvana

Pearl Jam sold more and kurt was just a faggot until he became a tortured soul. The band was all but broken up by the end and were becoming a media meme.

And they went out in their prime instead of drifting into mediocrity, as Pearl Jam currently is. But hey, at least they make some lame political statements now and again.

Grunge was on its way out

Also a quick google tells me Nirvana has sold 75 million records worldwide to Pearl Jam's 60 million worldwide

I am surprised to see such a nuanced discussion about Pearl Jam for once. They are a great band, one of my favourite desu.

I would only consider Ten and maybe Vs. as grunge though. From Vitalogy and onward I think they did a great job of seperating themselves from the other grunge bands stylistically.
I think it is only partially true that they were more commercial than Nirvana, I'd say that that is true for Ten and Vs. And I believe that most people who dislike Pearl Jam hasn't listened to other of their albums than those two.
No Code is their best album with Binaural being the most underrated one. Vitalogy is great too.

And they are fantastic live. The two times I've seen them live are the two best shows I've ever been to.

Also, Mike McCready is an underrated guitarist and Vedder is not as annoying as most people make him out to be.

Pearl Jam still releases amazing albums, always reviewed with acclaim, they've just moved away from grunge into more standard rock.

I never said their politics were good, they're all faggots, but kurt was the greatest faggot because he gave his ramblings gravitas when he shot himself in the face high on heroin.

are you kidding. nevermind was literally the biggest album of the 90s, all you would hear and see about back then was SMELLS LIKE TEEEN SPORRRIIRT

Am I the only one who likes Vitalogy but don't care for the band otherwise?

Have you given No Code a shot? it's more similiar to Vitalogy than their first two albums, I think.

The band jumped the shark when Vedder unleashed his inner softie-dad persona and took up a dammned ukelele.

At the time m8

Vedder and his ukulele has nothing to do with their output in the 90's and early 00's though.

Oh, yeah. Then again, call it the Bono effect.

But I do think that Pearl Jam would be more popular today if they had quit after Roskilde 2000 or something like that. And Nirvana would perhaps be less popular had they continued and had Kurt not blown his head off.

See
Also, actually rather underrepresented. Same damn five songs on the radio, but the band has nearly two dozen albums. And I find that something about their music is uplifting, like the kind of music you can listen to driving fast on a beautiful day with all the windows open.

Also Yield best album, Brain of J best track.
youtube.com/watch?v=osZmEQljDs8

Why is Vedder a douche? I'm not informed

As a huge grunge/90s music fan I really don't get PJ's popularity. Personally, I can't stand Vedder's voice, so much of it is really bland and unimaginative, and Matt was SO much better in Soundgarden that it hurts me knowing he could be making way better shit than what he does for them.

Only song I really love is Once. That main riff is killer and for once Eddie's vocals work for me,

Probably my favourite PJ song

Thank you

>redpill me

jokes on you faggot, I never said they sounded like Nirvana

>he thinks Vedder isn't overrated and that any PJ album is worth listening to from beginning to end other than Ten
also, in terms of grunge MTV unplugged, it goes, objectively
>Alice in Chains
>Pearl Jam
>Nirvana
>STP

>>he thinks Vedder isn't overrated and that any PJ album is worth listening to from beginning to end other than Ten
Well yeah, that's cause they are.

One song doesn't sell albums user. Most top 40 songs aren't necessarily from hugely successful albums, just songs that catch on. And it's the only Nirvana song that had mainstream success before he shot himself really. Even now it's just that and Lithium that most people would know the names of, maybe come as you are.

As opposed to like Gun's n roses, who had that many huge hits without even killing themselves (welcome to the jungle, paradise city and sweet child o mine, off the first album alone, ignoring the stuff from use your illusion, which some of were just as big).

Most bland band of all time

boring hard rock/ pre-buttrock, don't sound much like nirvana, at least they're not as cringy as Alice in Chains (who have a few really good songs though ) or Stone Temple Pilots

>thinking "they're cringy" is a criticism
How old are you? Do you still listen to music based on if people will think it's cool enough or not?

they jumped on the developing grunge bandwagon
to get their piece of the cake then after grunge was declared dead faded into nothingness completely represented by eddie vedders solo attempts

their best albums are their least grunge-y

they got a really cool song called oceans

pretty much all of ten is good, except porch.

a good starting (and ending) point is the deluxe version of ten, which gives you not only two cds of material, but their mtv unplugged show which is very good, if you dont mind the drummer not knowing hes in a fucking unplugged show and just banging away like its a regular concert. plus he looks like a faggot with that soul patch

It's not grunge for one

They're the last great stadium band, they didn't do a lot of groundbreaking stuff but the music is consistently very good until the turn of the millenium -- it goes to shit afterwards apart from 3-4 tracks total. Matt Cameron is by far the worst drummer they've had which might have led to that (Jack Irons is by far the best). It's pretty much a 90s Seattle take on The Who and Neil Young, who they constantly mention as influences. They have some cooler influences too though, like Buzzcocks, The Clash and Nusrat Fateh. The only reason why they're called grunge is because two of the members were in the 80s Seattle scene and that's pretty much it. I haven't listened to more than a few songs by them in a row for years, but they're a good band. Best album is Yield, best song is Elderly Woman in a Small Counter or whatever the fuck it's called.